[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

If you’re using this app to program your codes it will show the name under the recently tab.

Seeing that you’re using RFID tags I assume you’re not using this app to program your cards but rather the RFID cards are programmed directly the lock and you’re using the following app:

We can continue the conversation in this topic to avoid confusion:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

That is my point though, it does not show the name, it just shows ‘Code 2’ for example yet the notifications do show the correct name as the notification comes from the app of course.

Correct though, the RFID’s are set via the lock, I use this App as I name the slots accordingly, so I unlock the door with a certain RFID tag (‘Car Keys’), see the slot/code it takes in the app and rename the slot accordingly. It works as it should and the Notification states the name I have set however under the ‘Recents’ tab under the Lock it just states ‘Code 2’ as opposed to ‘Car Keys’ Also, I am using this App as opposed to the other as I have a KeyPad but I will be starting from scratch once all is working correctly so may revert to the other App for just the locks which are Conexis L1. Still think I may have the same issue though.

I am not 100% sure but have a sneaky feeling that it may have displayed correctly under Recents in the past, perhaps the last update a few days back changed something. I will try to remove the app and add it back again.

Mark as @maddie mentioned, if you’re using this SmartApp, the Door Lock Code User Management to program your locks, the user name will show up in the Recently and Notifications tabs (it syncs up the names with the DTH while programming the locks).

However, you are not using this SmartApp rather you’re using a different smartapp which works differently. That SmartApp cannot put messages in the recently tab since Recently messages are only controlled by the DTH and since you’re programmming your codes outside of ST the DTH doesn’t know the names and hence they do not show up in the Recently tab when used. Instead the smartapp posts them to the notifications tab.

These are two different smartapps that work differently so it would be better to continue the discussion on the appropriate SmartApp topic here.

1 Like

I am so sorry! I was convinced I was using this app, well I was before! With all the testing I have been doing I must have swapped over to the other app and just forgot! :frowning:

Sincere apologies for the confusion!!!

1 Like

Installed new Yale lock, using the Universal DH and this app to manage codes.

It doesn’t seem to be working though… Codes I’ve assigned to users don’t appear to work.

In the logs for the app I see log entries with my users saying they are active.

Ensure that your lock is no further than 20 ft from the nearest repeater. You need atleast one repeater (Z-Wave Plus or ZigBee depending on your lock) between your lock and your hub to create a mesh and it will resolve 99.99% of your issues.
A repeater is any mains powered ZigBee or Z-Wave Plus device (like a switch or a plug), for example the Monoprice plug

See this topic for more details as to why hubs don’t function efficiently with locks without repeaters:

1 Like

I have a repeater on a plug right next to the door.

1 Like

Great then reboot your hub, do a Z-Wave repair (good idea to always do this after adding new devices) and run the Clear Codes procedure on our website to clear/reset your lock (this needs to be done for all new paired locks, see the website for details).

Also keep an eye on the ST platform there are outages affecting NA users right now which are slowing things down and users are having issues with the ST app to answer your original question.

OK, I got it working with default DH and Smart Lock app. I’m guessing it was some unsavory combo of server issues and/or my hub needing to be taught who’s boss (because apparently it was in question).

I’ll switch over to yours this weekend. Spent too much time banging my head…

1 Like

Can someone remind me again how to delete users? I seem to recall changing the number of users doesn’t automatically delete them.

If you’re using version 7 or newer of the app, yes it automatically removes “excess” users after you reduce the count of users. Or you can leave the user codes empty.

1 Like

I’m a techie but new to home automation. I wanted to let you know that Maddie has been a huge help in assisting me in getting our locks working, thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Finally got it all set up with the new z-wave lock. I think this is a better solution than one of the fancy August locks.

I see I can set up custom actions when users lock/unlock doors. For my lock, you just put your palm over the keypad to lock it. I’m guessing in that scenario I don’t know who locked it so actions for that user wouldn’t be done?

My lock is a Yale Assure

Bueller? Bueller?

OK, I am having some problem. I have a routine that locks my door when no one is home. But whqt is happening is that the door locks, but then it changes the state back to unlocked (even though it remains locked). So the status of the lock is incorrect.

I captured the logs when this occurs, and it does appear that the lock is reporting unlocked? Can you check my work here:

This is a DTH question. Correct, your logs are showing that the lock is reporting an unlocked state.

If your lock is reporting the wrong state I would recommend resetting your lock and pairing it again with your hub.

See this topic/post for details:

Hey Rboy,

I’ve recently run into a problem.

I’ve currently updated both the Device Handler and the newest version of the Door lock app (nice work btw with switching the menu of users so we can see names and if Expired. Bravo!)

I have 2 hubs each controlling a single lock. One of them works perfectly, the 2nd is giving me a headache!

It will allow me to set Permanent user codes,but for whatever reason, if I try to set an “Expire On” code, the lock won’t take it. It was taking it no problem up until about 4 days ago.

I have no idea what’s going on. I re-published the codes (for me) just now, but it didn’t fix it.

Help!

If it was working and then it stopped then likely you need to check your setup and inputs.

Most common typos, wrong year or invalid start date or end date that is prior to start date.

I have 5 of the assure as well and yes if you have one touch locking enabled (palm which is the wakeup for the lock) then it will not be able to tell you a user locked it because it does not know who the user is because no code is used. It will I think say rfid locked. I only keep one touch locking for my garage inner door, rest of the locks I require a code to lock/unlock. You can however set non user actions to it. I use that so when it one touch locks it will also lock all the rest of the doors.

I wish it was that simple.

I double checked the end date, and it was in fact in the future (with the new additions you’ve made, when checking the configure user list, it shows EXPIRED! if past the date, not the case with these).

In addition, I checked the log and it keeps sending the “trying to activate code since it is passed XX/XX/XXX” message (or whatever the syntax is).

The other lock next door works perfectly.