SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration

smartapp_security
smartapp_locks
project_locks
project_secondhome
rboyapps

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1741

EDIT: It looks like SHM was having an outage yesterday Smart Home Monitoring Not Working

:slight_smile: I like the way you think. On a more serious note, what you’re describing is a platform timeout caused by increased load or an internal issue and not related to the app.

I think it’s a timing coincidence. We release updates tend to coincide with ST deployments to their platform (Tues/Thurs).
We’ve been hearing/noticing timeouts on the platform since yesterday across many apps so I’m guessing it’s either a ST load issue or something in the deployment, either way it’ll sort itself out in a day or so.

To protect users from these issue we released a bunch of apps to check if the Routines executed properly or if the mode/SHM changes did their things and complete it for them if the platform didn’t complete/timed out for any reason.

[RELEASE] SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions
[RELEASE] Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change
[RELEASE] Routines Backup - Verify/double check your routine execution, notify and take actions

Hum, still not working today. I bet if I update the app it will. :wink:

(Dominick Barile) #1743

Hi Guys, for the lock software, do I need to install both the smart app & dth

(Mcneillr) #1744

Which App, if it is the full Rboy app , you need the driver also

(Dominick Barile) #1745

I downloaded the lock user management smart app. I also see there is a universal enhanced zwave lock in the device things handler. I’m wondering if I should have both installed? I dont see an unlocking feature with presence in the smart app. Nor do I see enabling the alarm functions in the smart app.

Hi @all4dom.

I’ve installed both, and they work great together:

DTH - Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms
App - Lock User Management

(Dominick Barile) #1747

Ok thanks. That’s what I was trying to.find out. Does the universal dth allow geofencing? I want the lock to open when I come home.

I use a Routine to disarm SHM, run automatons, and unlock locks based on a combination of mobile devices and ST arrival sensors, so yes.

(Brent Haag) #1749

You don’t need both–unless you need some of the advanced features of RBoy’s DTH–I am using RBoy’s smartapp with the default SmartThings DTH for a Z-Wave lock and it works perfect.

I have the Yale Keyless Connected smart lock which reports when maximum invalid code attempts is exceeded. I can see in My Home>Things>lockname>Recently in ST app that this condition is being reported but I don’t get a push notification from the Lock User Management app.

I have installed the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DTH but I suspect it’s not working with this lock - for example, in the ST app on my iPhone I changed the lock setting to reduce the ‘Wrong code entry limit’ value from 5 to 3 (to speed up my testing) but the lock continued to allow 5 attempts before entering Incorrect PIN lockout (which is also still 3 minute even though in the setting on my phone it is 60 seconds).

Any idea as to what I can try next to get push notifications for tamper alerts?

Andy

(Drlungbarrow) #1751

This application appears to have a multitude of functions for locks and I have been debating if it will meet my use case. I am trying to obtain some additional information regarding the capability of this application to control some of the settings of the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Century (BE469).

Can this application allow the disabling and enabling of the Lock and Leave setting based on user codes entered onto the keypad?

Example: Having a guest code inputted turns on a guest mode for the home and disables lock and leave so that when the guest leaves they have to input the code again (Not simply hit the Schlage button on outside) to lock the door. The code being input again by the guest would turn off guest mode and re-enable lock and leave setting.

(Mike) #1752

@rboy @maddie Could I request a bit more flexibility with the ADT Panel be added into the lock/unlock actions?

I have a webcore piston that automatically sets the location mode to away/home and either locks or unlocks the door based on presence. When this piston fires, the app views the lock method as manual. This is causing issues in this scenario because the only option to arm from a manual lock entry is armStay. I’d still like to keep the option to have armStay on a manual lock so that when I’d turn the lock from inside it would armStay.

I think the way to accomplish this would be to have the option of “When in modes XYZ, armAway” and “When in modes ABC, armStay” and “When in modes LMN, do nothing”. I could build this out through a webcore piston to accomplish what I need, but I think this could be a valuable option for all users.

(Erik) #1753

@RBoy does this mean you’re can integrate your paid code into GitHub? That would be so awesome!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/07/github-free-users-now-get-unlimited-private-repositories/

(Nathan Curtis) #1754

Doubtful - GitHub Free is for noncommercial (read: unpaid) personal ventures. It would definitely be a violation of the ToS for that kind of account. GitHub Enterprise might work, depending on the security model but I dont know how much that license would be or if it would be commercially viable for thier company… In either case, unsure if ST can/would support logging into a secured GitHub Repo to pull - which is what they’d need to make this successful in ANY licensing model.

(Augustin) #1755

Hello,

@RBoy @maddie @tonesto7 I want to start by saying thank you for your amazing and relentless work, dedication and support offered to the ST community. Also big thanks and appreciation for @JDRoberts for being one of the greatest helpers around.

I want to kindly ask for your help regarding notifications with a Z-wave Yale nexTouch lock. Here’s what I have:

• Amazon Echo gen 1

• Yale Lock nexTouch with Door Position Sensor

• DTH - Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms

• App - Lock User Management

• ST Classic app (Hub v2)

• Echo Speaks by @tonesto7

• Landroid

I want to have automatically played personalized notifications when a certain person unlocks the door, via Echo Speaks or Landroid or webcore.

Example: When the door is unlocked by John that has his own 4 digit pin assigned, the Amazon Echo to say “Hello John, welcome home!” And when the door is unlocked by someone else to have Amazon Echo speak that person’s name in the announcement. So when Jane comes home and unlocks the door, the Echo to say “Hello Jane, welcome home!”

I am attaching screenshots to show that the play notifications option is grayed out and can’t click on it. Maybe I am missing something, could please anyone help me with this?

[RELEASE] Echo Speaks

My understanding is that this smartapp can turn on a switch when a particular user code is used. Is that correct?

• Turning on/off switches when a user successfully unlocks a door (configurable per door)

If that’s so, you can do your notifications much more simply now that Amazon has created the equivalent of text to speech for their routines. :sunglasses:

You will create a virtual contact sensor which also has capability switch. That way when you use any smartapp to turn on the switch, the sensor will automatically show as open. Turn off the switch, and the sensor will show as closed. This will look like two different devices to Both SmartThings and Alexa, but they will automatically be linked.

You will then use the Amazon Alexa app to create an Amazon routine (not a smartthings routine) which will be triggered when the virtual contact sensor is open. And you can have your echo devices speak whatever you want to have them speak, either just one of them or multiples.

So you won’t need webcore or LANnouncer or Echo Speaks. Just the virtual device, a simple Amazon routine, and the app from this thread to turn the switch on when a specific user code is entered. :sunglasses:

See the FAQ:

@RBoy

(Augustin) #1757

Yes, it can turn on and off a switch and more, but I want to use it as a personalized announcement to an Echo Speaker. I wanna be able to select a speaker from the LUM notification options.

Did you read the FAQ I linked to? That’s all you need, is a switch to go on. Each switch can trigger one echo routine. Each echo routine can speak one custom phrase, but on as many of your echo devices as you like.

If you’d rather do it some other way, hopefully the other people will be able to help you.

(Augustin) #1759

Yes, I understand that, but how alexa can know the name of the person that unlocks the door (by the code)? This information is in the Lock User Management

You have to just type it into your custom phrase.

So your Amazon routine becomes

If sensor A is open, then say “welcome home, Jane.”

And your smartthings logic is: when Jane’s user code is entered into the lock, turn on switch A ( which automatically makes sensor A look like it is open)

And then you have a different Amazon routine

If sensor B is open, then say “welcome home, John.”

And your smart things logic is: when John’s user code is entered into the lock, turn on switch B (which automatically makes sensor B look like it is open)

So you have one virtual device and one Amazon routine for each custom phrase.

It’s easy to do, but it might be more tedious to set up than something that lets you use variables.