Just setting up my LOCK USER MANAGEMENT app for 3 of my locks. 2 are working great but the 3rd is having some issues: I keep getting this alert: “Retry programming exceeded, user X addition not confirmed by lock XXX” Any idea what the issue could be?
[RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration
Your lock is having trouble with the mesh or it’s internal database is corrupted.
Make sure the lock is within 20ft of a repeater device and run the clear codes procedure listed on our website to reset your lock database.
I was able to successfully set up the LOCK USER MANAGEMENT app! It’s working great via my iPhone.
Say my Smart Things hub gets unplugged or goes offline. Will the codes that I’ve programmed remotely still work?
I tried my factory codes on Schlage Z-Wave Home Keypad Lever and they do not work anymore. I just wanted to make sure that I have a few codes I can rely in should anything happen to the hub or my iphone/app.I’m assuming the app overrides these factory settings? Thanks.
Yes, any programmed codes will continue to work but no new codes will be programmed/deleted until the hub is back online
You Master code cannot be overwritten by the app. You can also program a “Permanent” user through the app which will never be deleted.
Is there a way to set the alarm to not alarm? Another words prevent the siren from going on if the wrong code is entered several times?
I’ve noticed on my IOS devices that I get a duplicate notification for every lock status update. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to only get a single notification on User Code lock, unlock, etc?
The SmartApp sends one notification per event received from the lock/sensor etc.
However if it’s “duplicate” and you have both the New and the Classic ST Mobile app installed, you may be getting one notification from each ST mobile app. Turn off notifications on your iOS device for one of the installed ST mobile app (personally prefer to keep the Classic notifications enabled for now since it has more features)
I have both the Lock User Management smartapp and Enhanced Universal z-wave Lock DH that I installed remotely (away from my hub and lock) but assigned it to my lock. I am very new at this. I was able to set up user codes and parameters, but how do I go back in and change/edit/add/remove codes? This is within the ST app and I cannot figure out how.
Replied to your PM. This is a common question:
The Classic app layout can be confusing for first time users and it’s a common for users to end up installing a new instance instead of opening an already installed instance.
To open an existing instance if an installed app, in the ST Classic app click on Automations at the bottom. Then click on SmartApps. There you should see the installed app.
If you see more than one instance of the app, click on it scroll to the bottom and tap uninstall.
You can also find step by step installation instructions here: http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallSA.htm, the last step clarifies this point as well.
Anyone having issues with notifications after hub Firmware upgrade? No notifications in the app or in the smartthings log. I’ve had to re-initialize my lock once. Just double checking before I wipe my lock again.
Can you can set up the Lock User Management app to not allow a user to lock the door with the pinpad unless all sensored windows are closed?
Hey @RBoy, I use YALE YDM4109 with keypad+fingerprint input, right now i’m using lock manager DTH but fingerprint not recognize with this DTH. Is lock user management can handle it ?
@Jrose there are many ways to do what you would like to do. Here are two different ways to achieve what you would like depending on your preference:
- The SmartApp cannot disable a keypad but users can be enabled/disabled based on the Mode of the hub. You can create two modes on your Hub, say ContactsOpen and ContactsClosed, and assign Mode type users in the app to be enabled when the mode is set to ContactsClosed. Then you can use a third party app like CoRE or WebCoRE etc to monitor your windows and change the hub Mode accordingly.
- The second way is to enable / disable the keypad on the lock if your lock supports it and if you’re using the Enhanced Universal ZWave Lock device handler. You can use CoRE or WebCoRE to monitor your window contact sensors and then use the custom commands to enable or disable your lock keypad from CoRE/WebCoRE. Please refer to the DTH topic for more details on this.
@Alunx to answer your question. If your lock support reporting fingerprints over ZWave, you will need a custom device handler to process the fingerprints usage. The Enhanced Universal ZWave Lock device handler has support to capture and process the RFID, Bluetooth and Biometric events if reported by the lock. You can refer to the DTH topic for more details.
Once the events are captured and reported by the DTH you can use this app and/or the User UnLock/Lock Actions app to process and take actions based on those events. That app is identical to this Lock User Managment app, except it is used for locks which don’t support programming (like fingerprint or rfid locks).
Hope this helps.
Thanks @maddie! Might be too complex for how we want to use it (with an airbnb rental) but I will give those options a try and see how it goes! Thanks again!
Having some issues with the door left open notifications. I only want to be notified if the mode is night. But if I open the door when the mode is night and the mode changes to home, it ignores that the mode was changed and continuous to notify me until I close the door.
I want to be able to have my lock remain unlocked for an extended period of time (like 30 minutes) when a family member arrives. I’ve turned off auto-relock in the DHT, but how exactly do I set it in the LUM? I found a place to set a re-lock after closing.
How exactly can I set my door to auto-lock after some time after being unlocked?
thanks in advance!
Door Open/Close Actions on the main page, enable the
Relock door automatically feature and then it will give you an option to set it to 30 minutes. If a door sensor is added then it wait for the door to close before locking it, if not it will lock after the specified period.
Note: The AutoLock on your physical Lock should be disabled for this feature to work properly (which you’ve confirmed). Just FYI, if you’re using the RBoy Apps DTH for your devices it can check the current state of your hardware AutoLock on your lock and notify the SmartApp (the stock ST device handler doesn’t report this information), see image below for a sample notification.
I actually don’t see either of those on my app (v07.07.06)
Thank you to all our testers/users for your feedback on this incremental update
Lock User Management - Version 07.08.00
- Create custom keypad lock actions when using arming keypads for away/stay/night buttons
- Run routines
- Change modes
- Turn switches on/off
- Lock other locks
- Close garage doors
- Synchronize keypad (button lights) with SHM/ADT changes when
Control SHM/ADT using keypadis enabled
- Check for mode changes in real time when sending open door notifications
Some examples of how folks are using this app:
- I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
- When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
- When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
- I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
- I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
- When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
- When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
- I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes
- I want to open Garage door A when I press the away button and Garage door B when I press the Stay button on my Keypad
- I want to control my SHM/ADT state using an external keypad and also control my patio door
Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:
- Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
- Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
- Unlimited users and locks
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Colored icons show user state (grey -> inactive, blue -> active, yellow -> pending, red -> error)
- Different types of users such as:
- one time
- expiration (start/end date/time)
- scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
- presence based
- mode based and many more
- Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Multiple/international SMS’s
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
Define Door Open/Close actions such as
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
- Compatibility with SmartLocks
- and lots more…
New app smart lock guest management? Where is it?
Lock manager app
First steps with SmartThings: setting up Yale YRD256 smart lock
Creating Schlage lock user code that only opens door when I am not home
Creating Schlage lock user code that only opens door when I am not home
Smart Home Monitor
Don't delete 'Classic' app if you have Schlage SmartLocks!
The Quest for A 100% Reliable Presence detection
Smart lock guest access fails on add
Control Z-Wave deadbolt lock from Monoprice?
Lock Codes and Unlock in new STSC App
Why does the app always stop working where there is an update? I always know an update is needed when my SHM won’t change modes as it normally does. This is extremely unsafe. What if I’m not home to change and my family thinks the system is arming when it isn’t. Why wouldn’t the current version just continue to work? Why does it need to break down as updates come out?