[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Deleted smart locks. renamed slot 1 in this app. Still shows as Code 1 in the IDE, so i’m guessing it would be the same if i reinstalled Smart Locks.

Ya if it’s being stored in the rboy app like that. Hmmmm.

How about deleting code 1 and creating it again. Does it get saved as the name this time?

nope

If you add any new codes. Not to slots that had codes before, do those get saved as Code…?

1 Like

yup. added a 5th user and named it test

I’m out of ideas for the moment. I haven’t upgraded yet. When I do I will let you know my results. :slight_smile:

You could try deleting all of the codes, uninstalling Smart Locks. Let it sit and make sure that it clears everything out. Then go in add add one new code. All I got for now.

1 Like

I’m using the stock “z-wave lock” device handler. I believe that’s the one SmartThings updated recently?

That’s why

Thought you were using the Universal DTH. My bad.

This app works with the stock handler. And Smart Locks updates the code description fine.

Can you rename it in Smart Locks and have it reflect backwards?

last i tried, yes.

Can you go in now? Does it show Code 1? If so rename it there.

Sure I could, but the point of my posts is to provide feedback to Rboy on his app.

I understand. But at the same time I’m trying to help troubleshoot where the underlying cause / resolution might be.

What happens if you swap out the Type for the Universal DH? Still reflect the same values for the names?

And trying to save you from having to reset your locks and losing everything.

It’s an issue with this app and the stock device handler. Name works with the RBoy universal handler, but not with the stock “z-wave lock” handler.

1 Like

That’s actually an issue with the local processing. The app sends the name along with the code to the stock or any custom device handler as long as they support accepting names.

The local device handler doesn’t seem to be executing the same way the cloud device handler does. It’s an issue with the local execution engine which has been reported to ST and they’re looking into it.

Best way to test it, take the stock device handler code (Z-Wave lock) from Github, create a new device handler in your IDE with the stock code, then edit your device to use that stock handler running in the cloud (it’ll show up at the end of the list) and test it now. It’ll work fine.

Until ST fixes local processing device handlers, if the local processing DH is reporting the wrong name in Smart Locks just delete it from SmartLocks. Don’t worry, the SmartApp will detect that you deleted it and it’ll re-create it for you in about a minute and the correct name should pop up.

You may want to try to reboot your hub and see if that helps incase the local dh is caching the old name, it should flush it out.

1 Like

wow, what a mess! Isn’t that the same issue as the lock status not matching on the dashboard for Smart Locks?

Anyways, i did delete the code from Smart Locks. And your app did add it back, but with the Code 1 name. Like i said, not too big of a deal.

2 Likes

Okay so when the local DH won’t cooperate we’ll take matters into our own hands. The SmartApp now will detect if the local DH “missed” the name update and if so it’ll request the DTH to update the name. Give it a whirl @Automated_House (v07.01.00). The added advantage now you just change the names in the SmartApp (without changing the codes) and it’ll automatically sync up SmartLocks also.

2 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback and requests. This update has been baking for a while, big performance improvements and an even more intuitive user interface. All features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers. ENJOY!!

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 07.01.00

• Huge speed improvements to the Sure Programming engine, user updates are in near real time and only incremental updates are sent to the lock
  • Improvements to Sure Programming engine, detect if lock isn’t responding (e.g. dead battery or network issue) and stop retrying
  • Improvements to user code pages, more responsive and more intuitive to use (we had our kids and grand parents try the app - no kidding!)
  • Improved compatibility with SmartLocks

Instructions for upgrading the app:

• After updating the code, make sure you open the SmartApp and click on Save for the new changes to take effect
  • (Optionally) in the Advanced Code Programming Options section, reduce the delay between codes to 15 seconds for an even better experience

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Different types of users such as:
    • permanent
    • one time
    • expiration (start/end date/time)
    • scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
    • presence based
    • mode based and many more
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • Compatibility with SmartLocks
  • and lots more…

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock device handler for an even better experience.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

5 Likes