[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Yes that’s correct, the lock will only manage the number of users you’ve set here.

If you can’t reset your lock then one way to clear all the codes would be to set this number to the highest number of users supported by your lock (which will be reported to you on the first page of the app), then leave all the name/codes for the users empty on the next page and then click Done on the SmartApp. This will now clear all the users from the lock.

Now when you go back to program the users, reduce the max users number to just how many users you want to manage for optimal performance.

NOTE: If you’re using an Android phone, the ST mobile app requires you to click on the little check mark image or the Done/Enter image button on the keyboard for it to register the inputs. If you see a message like you must fill in all the fields, it means the ST mobile app hasn’t registered your inputs, just click on the Enter/Done/Check mark button on the keyboard and that should make the message disappear.

1 Like

I have the latest dth and app and tried to add a user this am. It looks like it mostly added it but I get errors now when i try to manage the user.

1. How do I delete the user manually
  2. The only thing different about this user is I set a schedule that started this am till MondayScreenshot_20180123-095101Screenshot_20180123-095057

Which Lock SmartApp did you install? Did you install the one from rboy or the one from ethayer?

3 Likes

My bust. I forgot that I switched to Ethayer. I’ll switch to this one to see if addresses my issues.

I just got an error trying to change a user code that was set as SCHEDULED (vs permanent). I needed to update the code in a hurry and forgot to grab a screenshot. I’m pretty sure I can repro tonight. (definitely on the rboy app this time)

Hi there.

Getting “spammed” in my notification center with the following messages:

• "Requesting [door] to add permanenet code [name] to user 1, code: [code]
  • "Requesting [door] to add active scheduled [name] to user 2, code: [code]

Is there something wrong or can I supress these messages in a way? :slight_smile:

Running IDLock by the way.

//Thomas

IDLock doesn’t support user code programming over z wave it only supports RFiD tags (programmed directly on the lock) and master / services codes.

See this post:

If you’re looking to run actions based on who’s locking and unlocking the door you should use the sister SmartApp designed for only actions without programming for locks like IDLock

I see. I have configured these two users in the app but based on what you are saying that have no effect?

I am able to change pincodes using the app so I am not sure what you mean to be honest. :slight_smile:

Those are your master and service codes. You can set them but the IDlock ignores deletes commands for those 2 codes because you can’t have them a empty. Check out the above posts.

I’m getting the same spam notification and would you be please more clear for what I should do. Can you please explain in simple words.

I never had these before and starting seeing in the last few days.

This is caused by a weak mesh which makes the lock go out of sync or stop responding to programming commands (the app will keep retrying until the lock responds). It could be related to the new hub firmware, helps to reboot the hub once in a while to keep a good mesh. Best permanent solution is to have a repeater within about 15-20 feet of your lock and do a Z-Wave repair to keep a strong mesh (which also helps with battery life as a bonus).

Meanwhile run the clear codes procedure listed on our website to resynchronize the lock (the reset is optional):

CLEAR CODES IMPORTANT NOTE: Please reset your lock before installing this SmartApp and follow this “Clear Codes” procedure the first time you use the SmartApp or when you install a new lock (if you see the SmartApp stuck in a loop programming codes, run this procedure to fix it):

• Make sure your lock is no more than 15 ft from the nearest active device/repeater
  • After installing the SmartApp, open the SmartApp on your phone (under Automation → SmartApps)
  • Scroll down and set the number of users you want to program into the lock
  • Click Next, make sure all the names and codes are empty for all the users
  • Click on Save, wait for a few minutes for the lock to clear all the codes

I had to remove the app tonight. It’s has been sending programming commands nonstop since updating to the latest version. I followed the reset instructions, unpaired my locks and then factory reset them. There is no change.

Did you run Clear Codes after resetting a them (not before)? Your lock should be no further than about 20ft from the neartest repeater because it tends to lose programming commands due to a weak mesh. The app will retry programming commands when your lock isn’t responding to the programming request (ie indicates a weak mesh or corrupted lock database).

If you don’t want this verification feature you can turn it off in the advanced code programming section on the first page (enable the Disable verification option and it won’t try to send commands more than once)

I just went through it again. I unpaired the locks, did zwave repair. Reset the locks and paired them. I ran another repair. Then installed the app, added two users but left name and code blanks. After it confirmed that users were deleted I added user names and codes. It’s again spamming to add codes.

They should have good signal. One lock is 5 feet from the hub the other is a foot from a GE zwave switch and both of those are about 15 feet from the hub.

Update:. I’m an idiot. I wasn’t factory resetting, it was recalibrating the lock which is the same process but the reset requires holding the button longer and waiting for a light rather than a been. All appears to be working now.

Spoke too soon. The repeated commands started again

Are you sure the app is actually “sending” the commands to the lock and you aren’t looking at IDE Live Logging and seeing the health checks? Many people mistake the ide logs which run every minute for health checks in the background in the cloud but don’t actually send any commands the lock.

If you’re actually seeing commands being sent then your lock isn’t responding. Did you try to disable the verification option in the settings as mentioned above? As select few locks don’t support confirming back that programming is complete and this option is provided for those locks.

If you’re still having issues feel free to drop an email to our support team and we can help you figure it out. Usually it’s just a setting or a zwave issue. As long as your have atleast one repeater it should be good.

@rboy

So I setup your app and it works pretty good but I have one problem.

When I press the Schlage button on the keypad to lock the door, and not my PIN, it still arms SHM.

I want it to not do this so I can still lock the door when Im leaving but someone is home and I don’t want the alarm on. Only time I want to arm the alarm is when I enter in my PIN during leaving the home.

This should be the normal expected behavior I think. The whole reason I got a keypad lock is to arm/disarm alarm without the need for any other devices like phones.

Know if I am doing something wrong?

• Kian

Hi Kian, I’ve responded to your support request, glad to hear that it was resolved.
For the benefit of the community:

Two things to check:

1. Have you configured your Schlage lock to disable Lock n Leave? You should not be able to lock the door without entering a pin with lock n leave disabled.
  2. Also make sure that you have set the user specific lock actions and not the general lock actions page as that applies to all external lock actions including those without pins from the keypad.

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 06.02.00

• Added support to unlock and lock secondary locks when the primary lock is unlocked/locked (for double/multiple door entryways)
  • Added support to open/close garage doors when lock is unlocked/unlocked
  • Added support for changing modes on keypad/manual locks
  • Door sensor is now optional for timed auto relocking

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock AND Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Multiple types of users such as permanent, one time, expiration (start and end date/time), scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user, presence based, mode based and many more
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this app. I have gotten the lifetime sub and so far I am very pleased with what I get.

2 Likes