[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Thatā€™s because youā€™re using a Zigbee lock and ZigBee locks donā€™t support remote programming yet (see the first post, it only work with Z-Wave locks right now). Weā€™re still developing a customized version of the ZigBee DH that will allow remote programming but in the meanwhile you can try this alternative version (not certified but you can try it):

1 Like

@wangshin248 Let me know how this works for you. Iā€™m interested in having additional community installs to help squash bugs.

1 Like

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.3.0

• Added ability to define up to 3 schedules per user for scheduled codes
  • Improved the reliability of initial programming to avoid lock from getting stuck in a loop for some users
  • For multiple SMS/Text notifications now separate the numbers with a ; (the + can be used to send messages to international numbers)
  • Improved reliability to check for smart app and device handler updates and notify the user

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.1.1 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

After installing this code update, please (in this order):
1. Update the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler to version 3.1.1 (required for automatic update notifications)
2. Open the lock device page on the ST phone app and click on Refresh
3. Open the SmartApp and click Next and then Done for the changes to take effect

###Donā€™t forget Step 3 otherwise the Automatic Update notifications and the new multiple schedules wonā€™t work.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I have any issues at this point, but wanted to provide some feedback on what I have seen.

Setup: Schlage Camelot ~20 ft from hub with wall switch in between (should be no connectivity issues - network is fully ā€œrepairedā€).

I am fully updated to the latest version and with incremental updates enabled, I was getting a lot of ā€œnot setā€ errors. I turned that off and now, every 60 seconds per the time delay settings, I see ā€œā€¦Code 1 code is deleted.ā€ ā€œā€¦Code 1 code is set.ā€ Then the same for Code 2. Repeat over and over.

This morning I turned incremental updates back on and so far, it seems to have stopped the constant update cycle.

It seems like with incremental updates enabled, if I go into the app settings and do not actually change a code, then finish the setup, then the not set errors start coming through.

Thanks for the feedback. Youā€™ve got it right. The core issue is when installing the DH and SA existing code programming in the lock tends to create this issue since the lock DH and SA are out of sync. What you did was correct and allowed the SA and DH to come back to sync. Weā€™ve tried to address this issue with the latest release forcing a sync but it may not be perfect due to other issues outside our control. The best solution is a very simple one:

1. Enter all blank users and hit done in the smart app
  2. Now open the smart app and reprogram the users.

This forces a clean re sync.

Alternatively reset the lock to clear all existing users and then program them using the SA.

It seams as though the battery life is running down quickly. I noticed the Lock Manager was polling the lock about every 3 minutes. I just installed the latest code and it looks like it isnā€™t anymore. Is this a problem or should it be doing this?

Hi, Iā€™m new to the community.

I purchased the lifetime subscription and installed the ā€œLock Multi User Managementā€ App.
I installed it on my android LG G3. It seemed to be working ok.
I then installed it on a second device (iPhone). But it does not work on that device.
on that device. Each time I go into the app all of the data is cleared out (like the lock it was linked to is gone, and the number of users is blank, as well as all the users have been removed.)

When I link it to my lock, and enter the number of users, and the name of user #1 and pin, and click ā€œdoneā€, a message appears that it is clearing the users and will take 120 seconds. (also said 150 the first time.)

I have the same email address I entered to create the account on both phones. Is that a problem?

Do I need to create 2 separate emails? I looks like I need to have only one email so that I can login to my smartthings hub, and not two.

When I look on my android device, I now see 4 copies of the program for some reason. I deleted 3, and kept the original. The app is working correctly on my android. I can see the state of the lock, control it, and I get notifications of locking and unlocking. So the issue is that isnā€™t not working on the iPhone.

Iā€™m trying to get thing working as soon as possible so that I can leave on vacation.

I would appreciate help in resolving this issue.

Thank you,
Erik.

PS
I sent an email to smartthings@rboysapps.com as it was written on the support page,
but that email address bounced back as invalid.

Youā€™ve got the email incorrect. There is an extra s in it which shouldnā€™t
be there.

The only think I can think of is that to may be opening a new smart app
each time instead of opening an exiting installed version which is why
youā€™re ending up with multiple copies of it in your account. I would
suggest try the opposite. Install one smart app from your iPhone and then
open the installed version from your android. Note that once installed it
should show up under automation and you should not go to my app or market
place again. That would install new instance if the app

Ok, I deleted the other 3 copies of the app.

So I should only install your door lock app on one phone, and it should already be installed on the other phone
when I login to that account?
I installed the app on the iPhone after I installed it on my android phone, because I thought I needed to do that.
Would installing it on the iPhone cause that behavior?

I think youā€™re getting mixed up in how ST works. Itā€™s one account per hub
and each hub can have multiple users. Each user can have one or more phones
depending on how many phones they log into. But at the end of the day the
Smartapps live on hubs and itā€™s one hub. So if you install the app from 3
phones youā€™ll have 3 instance of the app running. Hence only install once
and configure/use from all the phones.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t ā€œpollā€ the lock, please see the messages again, weā€™re tried out best to highlight it and even color it differently to say it does housekeeping and everything runs in the cloud. The only time it communicates with the lock is when you see a ā€œBlueā€ INFO message. Everything else is in the cloud. And Yes it should be running every few minutes, if you donā€™t see it your ST scheduler has died and you should report it to ST support or @slagle because without the housekeeping timer things like scheduled codes, expiry codes, auto relock and unlock etc wonā€™t work.

@RBoy - Is there anyway that sort of ā€œpingā€ could be sent to a Yale lock that would illuminate the lighted keys? Iā€™m thinking of a motion sensor on the porch that would trigger the keys to light up for easier entry at night. Thanks!

There no way to remotely light up the keys. They are activated when the
lock is physically touched AFAIK.

Rboy, The app is working very well with one exception. I have 8 users and three locks. User 2 code should not unlock one of the three locks (Schlage deadbolts). Whenever I try to limit that user by choosing a lock in ā€œOnly on these lock(s) (optional)ā€, all three locks delete that User Code. I have tried various combinations of locks under that option and whichever single or multiple lock or locks I choose, it deletes that user code from all three locks. I have restarted the hub, wiped the codes and started new and I am using your device handler. Any advise would be welcome.

Makes sure youā€™re in the latest code. This issue fixed in the last release.

The version I am using is 5.03.00 with the last change log of 2016-11-14.

Are there other things that I can try to exclude select locks from a user code?

Hi @RBoy
I have the IDlock using your DH and smartapp. Still great lock, and great Apps from you :slight_smile:

I used the ā€œuser slot 2ā€ as a guest pin code som weeks back and enabled notify me when unlocked.
But I didnā€™t receive any notification. I just tried again today, and same result, no notification.
Any idea about this?

For that ā€œuser slot 2ā€ I would set and expiration date and time. I wanted at the same time to set a different date AND time, and I keept getting an error when pressing ā€œDoneā€.
From my short testing, it seems the app can only handle that I change EITHER date OR time followed by ā€œDoneā€, and then change the other one. If I change both parameters and press Done, I get an error.

Another feature request. I have been using the function that when door is unlocked with code, it sets my Mode to Home. But here Iā€™m missing a feature like " only if not in Home mode already".
Example: The whole family is home, and we have change some light settings. Then I go outside, and I then enter the code to get back in, then the App executes the ā€œSet to Home modeā€, which sets my lights to a default setting, but that shouldnā€™t happen when we are already home. I hope you see my logic here.

Last thing. Iā€™m changing batteries quite often I think. Itā€™s cold here now, I dont know if that gives me less battery power, even if the batteries are on the inside. But just to let you know, if you should have any ideas to improve battery life.
(I hardly ever change pin codes, so thatā€™s not it :slight_smile:

When configuring the app i receive an error, IDE logs this error:

a39120d9-ae2f-479e-8ba9-5535bc8a84c6 2:09:30 AM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ā€˜updateCodesā€™ is not supported by device b60e257c-0345-4a41-9134-5c8003060460 of type ā€˜Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic relockā€™. Supported commands: [] @ line 1271

I am also unable to change the lock state under devices.
This is a Schlage BE469NX.

Nate