[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

It looks like LUM is receiving and processing the event. Check if you’ve enabled the option for Notify on Manual Lock at the bottom of the Lock/Unlock Actions -> Manual Lock page. If it’s enabled and the notifications still aren’t reaching you then the app may be corrupted and you may need to reinstall it.

That did the trick. I enabled both Manual and Keypad lock notifications. I don’t remember doing that before or turning them off for any reason. Is this something new in the latest revision?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi there… Just purchased your device handler and was wondering if there is a way to configure the Schlage Camelot to notify that the door was not locked and also attempt to lock it? That was one of the main reasons I purchased your code.

Nevermind… I found it in the LUM SmartApps under the “General Settings”

2 Likes

same boat here. ordered to Schlage camelot’s as well from the last HD sale. can’t wait to install it as i have held off getting this lock for a long time as i was skeptical of its technology.

how is it working for your right now? lock and RBOY app/dh wise?

Thank you to all our users for your feedback on this incremental update

Lock User Management - Version 07.09.00

• Activate exit delay beeping when arming SHM/ADT using keypads when using delayed lock actions
  • Automatically enable Control SHM/ADT using keypad when new keypads are added
  • General improvements to UI/options

NOTE: To use the exit beeping on keypad feature you require the Enhanced ZigBee Lock DTH version 01.06.02 or newer

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes
  9. I want to open Garage door A when I press the away button and Garage door B when I press the Stay button on my Keypad
  10. I want to control my SHM/ADT state using an external keypad and also control my patio door

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
    • Colored icons show user state
      • green -> active
      • grey -> inactive
      • yellow -> pending
      • red -> error
  • Different types of users such as:
    • permanent
    • one time
    • expiration (start/end date/time)
    • scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
    • presence based
    • mode based and many more
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
      • Multiple/international SMS’s
      • Speak notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • Compatibility with SmartLocks
  • and lots more…

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the hub does not buffer).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

Simple question
I would like a time and notification in the door lock, recently, in smartthings as to which code was entered to unlock the schlage door lock. I do not know how to set up. Is it possible.

lovin this app so far.

is there a notification setting where it’ll let me know that door locked automatically? i know there is a setting to do this BUT i cannot find anywhere where itll notify me/us that the door successfully locked automatically.

im trying to convince my wife that we have a magnificent technology that she can trust and not get out of bed or ask one of the kids to check if the doors are locked… :smiley: yep. i have one of those kind of wife.

Finally got everything working. In the end, the problem was both that the mesh had trouble and that I had more than 1 LUM running.
I ended up adding 2 GE Outdoor plugs and wiping all of my smartthings things and starting all over. Found out the hard way that if you remove a thing, you need to exclude that thing to find it.

Hi all!

Been using this for the last almost 2 years with zero issues but last week I stopped receiving notifications when door codes are used. I’ve tried updating to the most recent version but the problem is still ongoing.

I’ve tried going into notifications and enabling text notifications but still no luck. Is there a specific way you need to enter your phone number? I use to just get standard notifications but those have stoped and I’m not seeing an option for those in here.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Spencer

It sounds like you may be using an old custom device handler for your lock. There were some changes deployed to the platform/hub firmware last week which required an update to custom DTH’s. You can either:

• Switch your lock to use the standard ST “Z-Wave Lock” DTH, or
  • If you want to continue using the custom device handler, update to the version that was released a few months ago in anticipating of this update.

You may also want to check if you’ve got notifications enabled:

Thanks for the reply Maddie!

I realize I only updated the RBoy Smart Apps code but not the Device handler, maybe thats the issue.

I’m doing that now, but I’m a bit confused at the last step. It says

“Open the Device page on your phone using the Classic ST app, check/update your preferences (little gear icon on the top right) and tap “Done” or “Save”. Now tap the “Refresh” tile (with the circular arrow). If you skip this last step the updated Device Handler may not work properly.”

I’m wondering where I find this device page? can’t find a page with a little gear icon other than just the menu sidebar. I’m sure its probably obvious but I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks!
Spencer

I’m really excited about this app! I previously had no idea there were 3rd-party apps to enhance my device’s functions.

Question 1
I’m trying to set up push notifications for when the door is unlocked. I’m in ST Classic -> Lock User Management -> Notifications. For “Play notifications on these devices,” it’s telling me “You can’t currently add this.”

If I go back to My Home in the ST Classic app, my phone is listed. (But I don’t see a way to add it as a Thing in the new ST app, if that’s relevant.) What do I need to do to make Lock User Management recognize my phone as a device to send push notifications to?

Question 2
Can I set up an auto-lock without a door sensor? I want it to lock 5 minutes after it is unlocked.

I’m in ST Classic -> Lock User Management -> Door Open/Close Actions. Relock Door Automatically is toggled on, and Relock After Unlocking is set to 5.

Question 3
Can I see a detailed history of code use?

Thank you!

1 Like

The ABOVE

And push notifications when the door is locked too?

Im able to have it announced that the door has been locked but when we’re not home, i would like to know when the kids go home and unlocked the door and door locked after them (after 2 minutes).

You need a compatible Text to Speech audio notification device like a Sonos or Echo Speaks (Alexa) paired to your hub to announce the notifications.

Yes, you’ve done it correctly, the door sensor is optional. Please ensure that your lock is within 20 ft of a buffering device to ensure that commands don’t get lost in the mesh. Locks are very sensitive to this.

If you’re using the new RLA SmartApp we have added a page to view the last 7 days of user code and lock usage history per lock.
If you’re using LUM you can currently find this information in 3 place outside the app

• If you’ve got SmartLocks installed, then in the History page your can see this information
  • If you’re using the Classic ST app, then open the lock page under My Home → Things, click on your lock, click on Recently and you’ll find the history of the usage
  • Open the Notifications (Classic) or History (new) page in your ST app and you’ll find the notifications there (it will be from all the apps and not just LUM)

I have a kwikset 916 lock that I have used successfully with a different lock manager that didn’t have the features of LUM. After removing the old lock manager, I installed LUM but cannot get any of my codes to successfully program into my lock - each time it says no response from lock. The lock is less than 10 feet away from both the hub and the router and I have not had any issues with connecting to it before. I have changed the time between codes to 50 seconds (even though I am only adding one and waiting), have uninstalled and reinstalled, have unpaired lock, excluded zwave, repaired, reinstalled. Nothing works. I am missing something but can’t figure out what it is.

EDIT: I tried it again and it confirmed programming. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work as the codes I programmed won’t unlock the door.

EDIT: I factory reset the lock and now it works. Leaving this in case others have same issue in future.

Yes that’s the right process. We’ve mentioned it on our website also, before installing the app all codes need to be cleared from the lock otherwise the lock may reject existing codes.
There are two ways to do this, either a factory reset which clears all codes or follow the Clear Codes procedure on our website.

I didn’t see that on the website – I apologize. However, I did clear all the codes thinking that may work but in this case it didn’t. Fortunately once I reset it everything works as expected. Thank you again!

/s/ Brian J. Ritchey

Competency is found in one’s character, not in their title.”

1 Like

Hi, I downloaded the rboy LUM app so i could schedule when codes can enabled for specific users but I can’t figure it out. I have created multiple codes for different users but there’s no option to create a schedule when that code can be enabled.

Tap on Select User Type and select Weekly/daily schedule(s) and then you’ll see the options to select up to 3 schedules for the user.

1 Like