SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Lock User Management - Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration

smartapp_security
smartapp_locks
project_locks
adt
rboyapps
(Michael) #1117

@RBoy ran Zwave repair, then cleared all codes. Setup codes again and after several hours I am still getting the code not set messages. As mentioned I am using the stock DH should I be using your enhanced version? I would really like to have this app setup. I have had zero issues with the lock and status reporting prior to installing the app. The only other recent change is turning n device health.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1118

Try the Enhanced DH. After updating the DH you need to clear the codes
first (the new DH has its own database that needs to be cleared).

(Chris Roust) #1119

Rboy, I have a number of occasional users who are older club members who often (usually) forget to wait for your smart app to disarm the alarm system before entering. I tell them to close the door, renter the code in order to lock and arm the system then enter it again waiting 10 seconds. This resets the system and turns off the sirens. But, after a few seconds, the door relocks. I do not have auto lock turned on for any of my doors. I tried this process at my home location and the same thing happened. Is that normal? Is there a way to disable this auto lock? I am using the latest smart app code and DH code.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1120

Auto can happen from three sources, you can check which ones are enabled
and disable them accordingly.

1. On the device itself (built in)
  2. Through the SmartApp if you have a door sensor installed. This will be
    on the Door Open/Close action page
  3. Through a third party SmartApp like CoRE

If you look at the recent events/activity tab of the device on your phone
it will tell which SmartApp or if the device is locking your door.

(Cristofer Johnson) #1121

This is actually kind of a scary feature. It’s enabled by default and I paid no attention to it until the other day. Lock a door manually start upstairs, I hear the door unlock. Ask my wife if she did it, she said no. Go lock it again stays locked. Next day same thing happens and this time I’m waiting. Lock it again and it unlocks again.
I notice ST says the bar door is open and it’s not. But if I selected the sensor it reported closed. Door stayed locked. I don’t know why ST says it’s open when the sensor reports closed, but it made the app unlock the door. Not so much a problem for the app, but I don’t know that I’ll ever trust this feature again.

(Michael) #1122

@RBoy I changed over to your enhanced DH this morning and finally had success getting the codes loaded! Do I need to keep using your enhanced DH or can I now switch back to the stock DH? I ask because I really don’t use many of the advanced features and I would prefer my lock run locally. If I can switch, do I need to reset the codes or will they stay?

Couple of issues:
I also noticed the lock isn’t updating SmartThings as quickly as I tested several of my codes and I only have one unlock event and it currently doesn’t show locked even though it is. Any ideas there?

I have two locks a BE468 and a BE469 and noticed the devices look differently in the iOS app. Is that supposed to happen? What’s interesting is the BE468 shows audio options even though it doesn’t have the alarm feature and the BE469 doesn’t show the alarm. See screenshots below.

BE469:

BE468:

[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, Delaney, KeyWe, Philia Locks and Popp Z-Wave Keypad Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features
(MacTechGenius) #1123

How long do you guys wait for smart home monitor to be disabled before opening the door? I keep in setting it off

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1124

You should report it to ST support. You’re right a malfunctioning sensor
can have unintended consequences. That’s the most basic function of the
platform is to report events accurately. It maybe a communication glitch
between the sensor and the hub. You should also check the sensor battery.

(Michael) #1125

@RBoy I noticed in the live logging that the following comes up on the BE469:
12:35:54 PM: warn Unsupported device with MSR null
12:36:16 PM: warn Unknown device with MSR null, report it to developer
12:36:21 PM: debug "zw device: 0C, command: 9881, payload: 00 70 06 07 01 00 " parsed to null

(Cristofer Johnson) #1126

Sensor is working fine. It’s the Things tab that is messed up. Things tab says it’s open. Select that sensor and the sensor says closed. Back to things and things now says its closed. It actually happens with other things as well. Like I said, not your app, but the two combined can have you leave doors unlocked and not knowing it.

(Chris Roust) #1127

I started with 5 seconds but found it sometimes takes 6-7 so now we use 10 seconds. It helps to turn on notifications on your phone as it will notify you when the alarm deactivates.

1 Like
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1128

That’s the issue, your lock isn’t reporting the MSR (so the DH can’t identify the features). Folks are noticing the issue after the recent firmware upgrade. The solution is to bring your lock closer to the hub and pair it again or click on refresh.

You should also report the null MSR issue here to @nastevens:

That is correct, the 468 does support enabling/disabling audio beeps (different feature from alarms)

The lock feature conversation is probably more appropriate on this thread:

Hi I have a BE469 and updated both your DH and multi user management smartapp. Everything works perfect except it won’t let me select “Chime/Ring”. It says “Ring this chime when door is opened. You can’t Currently add this”. Is this because I don’t have a “Chime” persay? I thought it would use the door’s audio to make the noise. Am I wrong in thinking that?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1130

The BE469 has a built in beeper that can be configured to beep when there
is motion detected through the device settings. This can’t be triggered
externally.

The chime feature in the SmartApp refers to a device paired with
SmartThings that has the capability “tone”. These are specific devices that
you can buy and pair up with ST.

1 Like
(Josh) #1131

I keep getting an in app notification to update the software-- how do i do that???

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1132

Download the latest code from the website. The instructions for updating the app are also given on our website under the Installation page.

Don’t forget to click refresh in case your browser is caching the old code.

(Cristofer Johnson) #1133

Is there a way to make it alert only once or not at all? I have 6 Lock Installed and it’s annoying to hear 6 devices dinging 6 times. I still have 3 locks sitting in boxes too.

Hello,
Is there a list of locks (brands/models) that can be remotely assigned a code?
Thank you.

(Ron) #1135

As of Monday morning May 8, I all of a sudden stopped getting lock/unlock notifications even though I haven’t made any modifications to the SmartApp or lock since it was installed over 3 months ago. I just upgraded to the latest version, 05.05.01, but that didn’t fix the issue. I am however still seeing all other notifications such as battery percentage, codes being reset, added and then set, etc…

Any ideas?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1136

Any Z-Wave or ZigBee lock (just need the right device handler), it’s been tested with Schlage, Monoprice, Yale, IDLock, Danalock, Kwikset (as for individual models it 100+ counted so far but they’re all variants of each other across multiple countries so as long as the main brand works, the models will also work).