[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Thanks a lot for your quick response. The solution you proposed it works, but the thing is I have many user names stored (wife, kids, grandparents, friends, etc) and I think it will be a little tricky to have your proposed set up. I’d like to just keep it simple and have the option from LUM.

1 Like

To use the setup with the virtual switches, you would essentially need to create a switch and an amazon routine for each user stored in your lock. This could be 10 or 15 virtual switches and routines. It would be much simpler to be able to select the Echo speaker through the lock app and be done with it.

I believe I saw over on the Echo Speaks thread that Rboy submitted a patch to allow this to happen. If it get’s integrated then I’d expect to see this capability on the next Echo Speaks version.

For now I’m using webCoRe to accomplish this based on the user code that’s input.

2 Likes

Now works, Thanks to @RBoy and @tonesto7 But I cannot personalize…

@MRobi Can you share the WebCoRe piston, please!

Here you go. This disarms the ADT alarm system, announces the user name of the code used, and also texts/push notification to the wife and I. Code 1 and 2 are ours, 3 through 5 are various visitors who may have access while we are away (ie: on vacation).

3 Likes

Hi,

I have just installed a Keyless Connected Yale Smartlock (YD-01-CON-NOMOD-CH) and connected it to Smartthings via the Z-Wave Module 2.

I has been working fine using the default Smartthings device handler and Smart Lock modules and I could add and remove user pins via the Smartthings app. However I wanted to be able to receive mobile notifications on who unlocked the door. I tried using the some automation in the Smart Home Monitor but the only notification I could get it to send was “The Front Door is unlocked”, ie it didn’t say who had unlocked the door even though the history in the Smart Locks would show “Front Door Lock – Unlocked by “<user>””.

I came across the RBoys Apps and though this might solve the problem. I paid for the apps and installed the “Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock” device handler successfully but when I installed the “Lock User Management” Smart App it crashed and asked me to contact the developer. Unfortunately I didn’t catch the error message at the time and now if I try to start the LUM it immediately exits without any messages.

I am fairly new to SmartThings but in the IDE Logs I can see these messages

1:51:47 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘1’ on null object @line 3478 (codeCheck)
1:51:47 PM: warn Heartbeat not called in last 15 minutes, rescheduling heartbeat
1:51:47 PM: trace The date/time on the hub now is Sun Jan 13 2019 13:51 GMT
1:51:47 PM: warn READ THIS BEFORE PROCCEDING: IT IS NORMAL TO SEE DEBUG MESSAGES EVERY MINUTE, IT CONFIRMS THAT THE APP IS HEALTHY AND RUNNING IN THE CLOUD. IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE LOCK UNLESS YOU SEE A MESSAGE BOX SAYING ‘REQUESTED LOCK TO XXXXX’.
1:51:44 PM: debug cmd: MeterReport(scale2: false, scale: 2, rateType: 1, precision: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, size: 2, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, previousMeterValue: [0, 0])
1:51:02 PM: error java.lang.ClassCastException
1:51:02 PM: trace state.previousMaxUserNames: 10, maxUserNames: 10
1:51:02 PM: trace Configured lock fixed code length: null, max code length: 8, min code length: 4
1:51:02 PM: trace [locks:[Front Door Lock], updateNotifications:true, detailedNotifications:false, maxUserNames:10, sendDelay:15, retries:5]

Anybody any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am based in the UK if it makes any difference

Thanks in advance for any help

Rob

1 Like

Looks like the app/settings are corrupted or not saved properly. One option is to Uninstall it from the IDE from under My Locations -> SmartApps link next to your location name and then reinstall it from the ST mobile app.

This can happen if you have made changes to the users and locks but did not tap Save at the end (probably pressed Back).

The other option is you can update your code to todays version. It has a check for this situation and will automatically reinitialize the app when it detects an unsaved/uninitialized change made to the settings. You don’t need to reinstall the app if you update to this version. It should automatically detect the unsaved settings/corruption and fix them within a few minutes.

I uninstalled following your instructions and reinstalled and that fixed the problem. I have now updated to the new version as well. Thanks very much. I think that is the quickest fix and release I have ever seen :slight_smile:

One thing I have noticed over the default Smartthings Smart Lock module is that the users pin codes are visible after they are saved. Is there a way to hide these as some of my users don’t want me to know their pin codes?

Thanks very much
Rob

1 Like

The purpose of this app is allow the administrator (SmartThings app owner) to see and change the pins for users. The basic version of this app (which behaves like the stock SmartLocks app) does not show the pin but then there is no way to recall a pin, know who is using what pin, check if there are pin conflicts etc which are handy tools when managing more than one or two users.
When you start creating multiple scheduled users, presence based users and other advanced features of users and actions it helps to be able to see and change the pin assigned to users. For example, if you have two users with the same pin, the app will notify you and ask you to change it because it will create havoc with the lock and may even cause a malfunction with certain lock models if multiple users have the same pin. Lots of built in scenarios like this which are handled by the app so that your users have a smooth experience.

2 Likes

I just installed BigTalker 2.
I found how to play the Door unlock/locked notifications through BigTalker “Front door has been unlocked”.

Is it possible to modify this message?
It would be nice if it said “Welcome Home Mitch” (or whoever the user who unlocked it is).

Thanks!

1 Like

I am looking for the same… will be awesome if @RBoy can integrate a option like in BigTalker 2.

1 Like

Yes!

Right now the Rboy Lock User App has notifications of this format

%lock_name% was %locked_or_unlocked% by %user_name% via %key_or_keypad%

It would be fantastic if there was a way to customize this. Maybe in the Rboy notification tab.

Personally, I would customize it to something along the lines of

Welcome home %user_name%

Or maybe even just %user_name%, then use Big Talker to take %user_name% as an input, and say

Good Morning %user_name%
or
Good Evening %user_name%
depending on time of day

1 Like

That would be great.

I have four teenagers and would like to find a way to have the lock user trigger a custom announcement on all of my Amazon Echo devices for each person that has a code. I have a chime now, but I would much rather know exactly who was open the door.

It does announce the name of the person assigned the code (as well as other information about how it locked or unlocked etc) as pointed out by @mjlewis

The next step is to allow for customization of message which have on our feature request list

Just started using this smartapp and so far I’m enjoying it!
Only issue that I’ve found is my Samsung gear S3 watch uses the new Smartthings app and I’m now unable to lock/unlock my door with my watch.
I think it’s because when I select the lock in the new Smartthings app, the primary icon only shows a door, and “connected”. The secondary option below gives you the lock state with the option to lock/unlock. Is it possible to fix this to have the primary icon show the lock state, and taping the icon would cause the lock to lock/unlock like before?

REF: Lock User Management v07.08.04 - Smartthings Classic

I got all my problems fixed except 1…

In the “Door open/close actions”, I can only add 1 Door Contact Sensor to Chime on my Keypad.
Is there a way to add ALL doors, so all doors Chime?

Under Door Open/Close Actions you can set a chime for each lock managed by the app. You will need to have a open/close sensor assigned to each lock on the same page (the option shows up when you select a chime for a lock).
So if you want the same chime to ring for all doors, each lock will need an open/close sensor and then select the same chime for each for the locks in that page.

So I go to “My SmartApps” install another “Lock User Manager” and go from there ?

Do I need to fill out all the Users, Codes, etc… OR just “Select the Keypad” then go to the “Door open/close actions” and select another Door?

1. Select your locks and keypads
  2. Tap on Door Open/Close Actions
  3. For each lock/keypad select the chime and door sensor

Work Perfectly !!!

Thanks for all your Help !!!

I niticed that lum has an option to disarm shm with a keycode entry. Would this work as the same for shm in the new app?