[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

It had been a while since I actually modified anything in this app. Went into it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the new UI. Good job @RBoy!

1 Like

Yes, I am using your zwave handler

I just picked up the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen BE469 CAM 605 and purchased lifetime access to RBoyā€™s Smart Apps & Device Handlers.

A lot of this is over my head but did manage to install RBoyā€™s Smart app & Device Handlerā€¦ was told to post in this thread

I installed his App:

1. Door Lock Code User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock
    This premium app allows you to manage all the users and actions for your doors and locks.

I installed his Device Handler:

1. Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock with Alarm, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and Advanced Features

I want to schedule the lock to lock every night at 10:00 PM and unlock at 8:00 AM the next morning but canā€™t figure out how to schedule these within the app? Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks!

Try doing it with a routine. You can lock and unlock doors with the routine and it would work with specific time of day entries, like you are wanting to do.

Yeah thanks thatā€™s what RBoy said to do too. It was pretty easy setting up a routine (first time for me) but it hasnā€™t consistently locked & unlocked over the last two days. I checked the events lists and I think itā€™s showing the routine is running each day but SmartThings is still new to me so not sure.

This morning I played around setting up routines to lock & unlock and it seemed to work fine. I deleted my original routines for locking at 10:00 PM and unlocking at 8:00 AM and redid them so Iā€™ll see how it goes tonight.

Hi @RBoy,

Now that Iā€™ve finally implemented this SmartApp (only 12 months behind scheduleā€¦ doh!), Iā€™ve noticed something interesting about how codes are registered.

Although this SmartApp solicits a friendly name for each User Management Slot (e.g. ā€œJohn Doeā€), the actual description used when registering a Code is a much more generic ā€œCode 1ā€, ā€œCode 2ā€, etc.

Here is an example:

7:53:18 PM: trace Code report codeChanged returned Name:John Doe, User:1, Code:null, Desc:Updated ā€œCode 1ā€, Value: 1 changed

Where this becomes a problem is when it is used in conjunction with Samsungā€™s newā€™ish ā€œSmart Locksā€ app. IMO, that Appā€™s best feature is itā€™s centralized ā€œHistoryā€ tab, where you can see which user did what and when. Itā€™s terrific for auditing. I could work around this problem by manually renaming each code in ā€œSmart Locksā€ to each userā€™s friendly name, but the problem is that any time I make any change in your SmartApp, it resets all the friendly names that I previously manually overrode in the Smart Locks SmartApp.

So the ask is: would it be possible for your SmartApp to reuse the friendly names it already contains when registering codes with SmartThings?

3 Likes

I had to delete my hub from ST and reinstall. I performed a general device exclusion, then re adopted my Schlage lock. I re installed the rboy DH. Now I need to do the same with the Smartapp. Is there a was I can do this without losing all 18 of my user codes?

@RBoy I just bought and installed this smart app and everythingā€™s working well. Only thingā€¦I was hoping to get the name included in the alert when someone enters a code to locking the door when leaving the house. Right now when someone unlocks the door I get ā€œFront door was unlocked by Johnā€, but when they leave and lock the door, I get ā€œFront door was locked electronicallyā€. I was hoping to get ā€œFront door was locked by Johnā€.

Is this possible?

Yes itā€™s supported but that depends on your lock and device handler:

1. Your lock should support code based locking (e.g Schlage or Yale) and that feature should be enabled (e.g. Schalge disable lock n leave)
  2. Youā€™re using a device handler (the Universal Z-Wave Lock Device Handler or the new SmartThings Lock Device Handler) that reports that information

then the SmartApp will include that in the notifications otherwise it has no idea ā€œwhoā€ locked the lock.

I have the ā€œSchlage BE369NX CAM Home Keypad Deadbolt with Nexia Home Intelligence - CAMELOTā€ which supports code-based locking. Iā€™ve installed the rboy Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms device handler in addition to the Door lock code user management with notifications and automatic relock smart app.

Iā€™m actually no longer receiving any notifications on keypad lock even though I have ā€œNotify on keypad lockā€ toggled on. Any ideas?

Some people have been facing issues with the SmartApps and Device after the recent ST platform outage. One solution is to wait until the platform restores itself. Other is to uninstall the devices and apps and reinstall them. As for your lock n leave I donā€™t believe that the BE369 reports the user lock details. If you want you can send an email to our support team and they can help you figure out how to check if your lock is sending that information.

1 Like

Whats the procedure for setting up the August Pro locks? Is it different than the other locks? Iā€™m trying to figure out if I need to un-pair it from the hub and re-pair it. I tried setting codes but it acts like whatā€™s described on your site about being stuck in a loop, but it doesnā€™t mention August locks.

Iā€™ve recently started having issues with my lock, and Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place where I might get help, but hereā€™s the situation:

1. I only have the rboy apps and devices installed in my app (the door lock code management one, and the device handler for the schlauge lock).
  2. The lock keeps opening and closing (this was reported to me by a user, I donā€™t live near the unit), seemingly at random.

Iā€™m not sure how to repair thisā€¦ or what could be causing it. Any help would be appreciated. Iā€™m assuming something is forcing it to think it needs to open or close to meet a condition, but I donā€™t have any custom routines.

Do you have a door sensor installed and configured? Another user had a similar issue recently and it was because the ST platform was sending ā€œghostā€ messages from the sensor constantly sending closed events. This happened after the recent platform outage. If so you may need to exclude and re pair your sensor.

I just checked and it seems the sensor has an ā€œ!ā€ beside it.

Since Iā€™m not there and canā€™t reset it, should I just delete the sensor as a device, and then re-install it when I get back to the unit?

Yes or you can just remove the sensor from your app door open/close actions page.

Thanks so much for the help and your quick reply.

Is there a link to a procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling the devices and apps?
Iā€™m concerned about the ā€œCLEAR CODES IMPORTANT NOTEā€ for the device handler.
Thanks

You canā€™t program codes for the August lock over z-wave