[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Hi there. SmartThings hasn’t provided any way to trigger scenes from SmartApps as yet. You can send them an email requesting that ability and we will be happy to add it.
The same also applies to the new app STHM @milandjurovic71

@benolaa this may not be exactly what you’re looking for but the app can trigger a re lock when the door has been unlocked with a minimum 1 minute delay (unfortunately seconds delay is not reliable due to various reasons)

@maddie the issue with the door relock is that if I manually unlock the door it still relocks. I only want the door to relock if the code is entered (15 seconds or 1 minute are both fine by me). I have the Yale Leverlock YRL220ZW619.

Just so you have a use case as to what I am trying to accomplish. When I have auto lock disabled my family will enter the home and forget to lock the door which is where the auto lock is great. The problem is that sometime I want to leave the door open as we have guests coming in and out to the pool or unpacking the car. In this case the ability to manually open the lock from the inside would be great and then we can lock when we are done and it will be back to auto locking.

1 Like

If Maddie cannot add the option to relock based on how the lock was unlocked then you may want to look at WebCore. I have not tried but you may be able to set it up to have WebCore re-lock based on the way the lock was unlocked.

I’m currently using LUM v07.10.02.
In “Door open/close actions”, could you make “Door open/close sensor” selection as toggle mode (checkbox instead of radio button) to allow select and deselect? I wrongly selected the only one sensor I have, and I could not deselect it.

I have been having problem with Schlage BE469ZP deleting an user code. Initially the slot was set with a burner code (which worked), after one use the code became unusable (as expected). Then I changed the type to permanent and was able to unlock.

As a last test I thought to inactivate the same user from permanent state, but didn’t work. The log shows the request has not been accepted and exceeded max retries. At this point trying to change to a different code or deleting the user did not work either (the request would time out with max retries).

With no luck with changing the user from permanent to inactive or updating/deleting the code, I decided to use the Clear Code Procedure to remove all codes. Once the # of users was set to 0, it caused the lock to become OFFLINE both in the App and in the web IDE. Tried using Z-wave repair and rebooting the hub; neither worked, the lock would still display OFFLINE.

Finally got the lock back ONLINE by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. But it would still not change the user in question from permanent to inactive or updating/deleting the code.

Has any one seen similar issue before? Was doing this from the new Smartthings App, as Class App was unable to update code in first place.

Sounds like a common lock mesh issue (point 1 in the LUM FAQ page), see this topic for more details on how to resolve it: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

After adding the buffering device you may want to exclude and re pair your lock as it will help the ZP will rebuild its mesh routing tables.

1 Like

RBoy - Is there a way to leverage the “announcement” function on the Alexa enabled devices when making notifications such as a lock being jammed, etc? I see that you can use the notification option and select which devices you want it sent to however when an audio notification is being sent it appears it is being played across the devices in succession instead of simultaneously. Also, would it be possible to include in the app the ability to replace the hard coded (device name) “is jammed” message with a custom message if desired? I apologize if these questions have been asked already. I did a search and did not see anything but I am a rookie to this so I may have missed a previous conversation.

1 Like

Hi @RBoy,

Would this still be the case if there is only just the single lock on the hub? the hub is as suggested pretty close to the lock (as I had no problem pairing it initially).

thanks.

Hi there. I have added your request to allow custom messages to our list to our feature request queue.

3 Likes

Hi @RBoy,

I have just moved onto ST and have the Yale Conexis Lock (UK Euro Lock). Would I still benefit from your smartapp? As it does not have codes and cannot lock automatically unless the handle has been pulled up (and then it locks at this point anyway…)

Interested in your views and the features you may think would still be beneficial.

Regards
Andy

Thank you Maddie

Hi there. If your lock doesn’t support a keypad or remote programming but it does reporting usage information like RFiD card slots or user slots you may want to check out the LUM sister app which does everything LUM does except programming the codes. If you want to create automations around when rfid card/user slots were used to lock or unlock the door it may be useful: [RELEASE] Lock User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions
This will work if your lock reports that information over zwave. You may need to use the enhanced zwave lock device handler to capture and process that information.

1 Like

Hi Maddie,

Sounds good. I’ve had a look at your website and it seems you need to buy everything to only use the one app, is this correct?

one time fee for all the smartapps and device handlers.

1 Like

Can this app be updated so that it relooks the door after the last time it was opened…

If I set the timer at 60 minutes, open the door at 1:00 pm and then come in at 1:50 pm and then go back out at 1:55 and then try to come in at 2:05 the door will be locked. The cron job (assuming) doesn’t get canceled and replaced with the last opening event.

Guests frequently get locked out at social events… not acceptable.

@maddie My way of using LUM to arm/disarm new STHM is by using virtual switches, and new Automations to match old SHM
Switches:

Automations:

and LUM example:
and it does work, just extra steps.

3 Likes

That’s how it works, it resets the timer every time the door is closed. Likely the door sensor didn’t register that the door was closed or the door didn’t close completely for the sensor to register for the timer to reset. It also has a built in safety check, it will not initiate a door relock if the door sensors latest reported state is open when the relock timer expires.
Your situation sounds more like a door sensor/mesh issue.

Very impressed! I got this to manage a Yale lock on an AirBNB property and it works so well. Saves me so much hassle. In fact, I think I’m going to upgrade to the Rental Lock Automator because if it works as seamlessly as this one it’s well worth the money.

2 Likes

I’m not able to get my lock to work this way, the door always unlocks even if I don’t set Unlock as a custom action. Other custom actions seem to trigger correctly.
Is there anything I could be missing? This functionality is the main reason I got these apps :neutral_face: Lock is a Yale YRD226

Hi, I’m wondering if there’s a way to associate an rfid with a user?