[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Hi, I have got a Yale lock with RFID and PIN (YMF30+). It’s a Mortise lock.
I’ve installed and configured the Zigbee module with Smartthings hub. Everything is working fine, except that LUM reported back that my lock only has maximum of ONE pin user. That user can be programmed with code without any problem.
However, according to Yale’s Zigbee documentation, their locks should support either 250 or 500 users via the network module, depending on the model.

I’ve tried changing DTH from the default “Zigbee lock” to jhamstead’s “Enhanced Universal Zigbee lock” and got the same problem. I really want to use RBoy’s Enhanced DTH but Zigbee is not supported.

The DTH queries the lock for the max number of programmable users and reports that back to LUM and in your case the lock appears to be reporting only 1 user pin. It sounds like your ZigBee module may have a bug making it report an incorrect number. I’ll PM you and we can take a look at your DTH logs to see what’s going on.

UPDATE: Looks like your Yale zigbee lock firmware (Yale YDF40, YMF30+) has a bug and it’s incorrectly reporting 1 for the number of programmable keypad users. You can try the special ZigBee Lock DTH to patch the firmware bug I’ve provided but report it to Yale so they can fix their firmware. (you may need to exclude and re pair your lock for the DTH changes to take effect).

1 Like

General UI question… Are the below circled actions for when notifications will happen (notify on use) or are they when the door code will work?

Hi there. Those options relate to the notification setting just above. User code options are separate and change based in the user type of user selected.

1 Like

Hello, I have a Schlage FE599 and just installed LUM. I wanted to have the app push a notification when code was used (and also whos code was used). I am getting no notification. I know there is a setting somewhere I am missing. I used on iris and it worked and hoping LUM would make this happen.

Hi there. Your settings look fine. It’s sounds like your unlock event isn’t reaching the hub which is why you aren’t getting notifications. This is a common issue and the solution is documented in the LUM FAQ page. If you open your lock device page in the ST Mobile app and don’t see the keypad unlock event in the activity list/Recently tab then your lock events are getting lost in the mesh. You can also find more details about it here: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

1 Like

HI! Thanks for the reply. I missed the link on top of the FAQ, so thanks for sharing. I do see now I will need a device in between. Do all locks require this or just the model I currently have? The lock is approx 10 feet from the hub (its a space issue). So my plan is to get a device and run my hub temporarily far away so it hooks up to the repeater, then once its all set I will put the hub back where it normally goes. I just want to make sure it connects to the repeater first not the hub. Should I do the clear/reset on users as well or just the z-wave repair once I install the device?

Can anyone tell me how I can delete a user from the lum app?
Thanks
Dom

Delete the code and tap save. You can find the steps in the LUM FAQ doc in the first post:

• How do I delete a User?

Open the LUM app, click on Manage Users → Click on the user → Delete the code → Delete the name → Tap Done/Save

1 Like

So I added a beaming repeater (I confirmed on Zwave alliance it was beam capable, it is a GE outdoor smart switch). I cleared codes and repaired my network. I moved the hub far away . Im still not getting any notifications when a code has been entered. Is there anyway for me to confirm that its hitting the beaming device? Any other procedure I should try to get notifications? (other then clear codes/repair network). TIA

Hi there. SmartThings doesn’t provide the tools to see the event routing details. All you can do is reboot the hub and do a Z-Wave repair.
While trying to figure out why notifications aren’t coming, the key thing to look at is the Lock page Recently tab (in the Classic app)/Activity section (new app) and see if user unlock notifications are showing up there. If not, then the unlock signal isn’t reaching the hub from the lock (and consequently you won’t get the notification).
If adding a repeater isn’t helping it could be other interference, low batteries (oddly we’ve seen some Schlage locks report normal lock/unlock activity but not user activity when battery are below 70%) or possible a defective lock. It may also help to do a factory reset on the lock sometimes. If you’re using Z-wave locks, another thing to check is that you’re using either the stock lock device handler or the universal enhanced z-wave lock device handler only.

Ok. This RBoy lock manager is amazing. Well worth the little bit he charges for it. I am blown away! Thank you!

4 Likes

Yup, I agree

Thank you all for your suggestions:

Lock User Management - Version 07.09.06

• Added support for spoken notifications with volume control for the new Sonos LAN audio player
  • Added an option to enable/disable repeat checking of open door notifications
  • Added support for new ST lock capabilities
  • Set to 0 users for a quick reset of all users

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the hub does not buffer).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

© RBoy Apps

1 Like

To revive an old request (sorry if it was already answered, I couldn’t find it) - would it be possible to implement a user/code schedule every other week?

Hi
Maybe I missed this here. But is it possible. when I unlock my door with keypad to close a garage door.
The only thing I can see in the app is to open a garage door, when I unlock a door.

Create a routine which closes the garage door and assign the routine in the Unlock Actions page. If your garage door can be operated with an on/off command you can try that option also in the unlock actions page.

1 Like

Thanks. Works like a charm. Only problem I have now is arming and disarming with Iris v2 keypad. For some reason, after I put in my code into Iris v2 keypad to arm or disarm, it doesn’t change anything in SHM. Been fiddling around with the settings but have no success. Please help

Hi there. Please note that only Classic SHM can be controlled via SmartApps currently. ST is planning on adding support for the new SHM in future.
You also need to configure the arming and disarming of SHM in there lock and unlock actions pages of LUM.

Also checking out this app (first post) for a way to supplement Classic SHM and adding additional features like beeping to your keypad. [RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Actions - Entry Delay, Exit Delay, Countdowns, Keypads, Lights, Alarms, Pictures/Cameras, Routines

Lock User Management - Version 07.10.00

• Sure Programming Engine® - Now tracks if the lock fails to respond to programming retries (e.g. hub offline, dead batteries, mesh issues etc) and restarts the cycle when the user opens and saves the app again.

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the buffering device should be between the hub and the lock for maximum effectiveness).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

© RBoy Apps

1 Like