[RELEASE] Lock User Management - Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration (LUM)

Hi there. The usually means that the lock response isn’t reaching the app so the Sure Programming Engine keeps trying until the lock responds or it times out. See the LUM FAQ page for more details.

@I_am_Root, to add onto what @mikesas said, one more way is to create a Virtual Presence Sensor device which can be manually toggled on / off. Set the user type to Activate on user presence and select the virtual presence sensor in “…if any of these people are present”. Now you can toggle the presence sensor to enable/disable the user on demand.

I had one lock misbehaving and I have removed it from my SmartThings environments, have replaced batteries in the other two and yet continue to see these messages. These other two locks are communicating fine with my zwave network and I can control them via SmartThings. Any ideas?

Is it normal, when entering start date/time and end date/time for the page to keep refreshing?

Hmm, so recently I keep getting INVALID PIN (even though they’re not wrong) messages for every user. I’ve even tried resetting users to 0 and checking the device under the IDE to ensure that the codes are gone on the keypad (using the Iris V2 keypad) before restoring them about 10-15 minutes later. Oddly, even after the 0 users method, once I restore a number of users in LUM, they automatically come back in LUM. Is this normal? Shouldn’t the clearing action clear out any indication of any users from prior to the reset?

Almost always takes two pin entries to turn the system off but of course it alarms first due to “tampering.” LUM is the only smartapp I’m using to store user codes. Took them all off SHM Delay to ensure no duplication.

I have reinstalled the app, and continue to get these messages about my scheduled user being requested to be deleted. Any ideas??

Marc, the app is reporting what it is seeing (which is a good thing, you don’t want to suppress these messages). It is seeing that there isn’t a response to its requests (delete code) so it’s informing you (the messages) and retrying until either it gets a response or the retries expire.
If the codes aren’t being deleted on the lock then the lock has a problem processing the command. If the codes are being deleted, then the lock responses aren’t reaching the app and it’s a problem with the mesh communication and is the most common issue as explained in the FAQ document/here. It’s common for commands/responses to be lost due to the nature of mesh, which is why the app engine verifies/retries commands for which it doesn’t receive a response. If you would like to improve the efficiency of the mesh, you’ll have get into why the mesh is losing the messages. It could be a bad repeater, a lack of a buffering device, signal interference from other devices etc.

@chrispt from prior experience, folks sometimes enter an invalid/typo in the date format. So by design, the app requests ST to refresh the page to verify that you’ve entered the date in the correct format and shows an warning if the date is invalid.

@neoshi the invalid pin is being sent by the keypad device. It could be a conflict between SHM delay and LUM causing the users not to be programmed properly. However, since you’re saying that it works when you type it in the second time, it sounds like codes are programmed but the first time the keypad device is either missing a number or sending the wrong number. Also keep in mind that different keypads work differently. Some require the arming / disarming button to be pressed before entering the code and some after entering the code.

When it reports the invalid pin error, it shows the pin used and it is the correct pin. Maybe a range issue of the keypad to the ST base station? There is some considerable lag on arming/disarming the SHM using the keypad.

It’s possible that the apps connected to the keypad are conflicting, one is programming while the other is deleting. This is also addressed in the LUM-FAQ document (common issue). Maybe start over clean, remove all apps, exclude/re-pair the keypad and check that only one app is programming the keypad.

Since you mentioned that’s it started recently, maybe retrace what changes were made to the keypad/setup/apps and it might help you pin it down.

Thanks. I recently installed a Ring Alarm Hub which has a zwave network as well and was within a few feet of my SmartThings Hub. I’ve now moved it to another floor in case that is causing interference. So far it hasn’t made a difference. I had an Abode Hub before in the same location with a separate Zwave network and that wasn’t an issue. What’s strange is this is inpacting all 3 of my locks. I have repeaters(such as Zwave switches) located all throughout my home and close to my locks.

I’ve never had success doing Zwave repairs as they often error out. For the record, the cleaning people’s code doesn’t work, so it was deleted.

Hi @maddie. I fixed my Zwave repair issues by removing an orphaned device but still have the issues. I also removed one of my repeaters that I don’t think is necessary anymore. I noticed in my IDE logs, I am seeing this error:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “3 unset” @line 852 (codeResponse)

Is this expected?

Also, FWIW, I am still on Gen 1 Hub and am using the Kwikset 914 Locks, so I don’t think the other articles are relevant.

I noticed from the line number that you may be running a very old version of the app. Please ensure that your apps and device handlers are running the latest versions of the code. If you’re still seeing any errors in live logging after updating to the latest version, please email us the logs and I’ll be happy to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Thanks! It turns out I think I overwrote the device handlers for the locks with a github sync with a forked directory. All is well now

1 Like

@maddie. With the new version, I keep getting notified when someone manually locks the door with the keypad. I checked all my notifications and I don’t have it enabled for this user or anywhere else. Any ideas?

Hi there guys,

Smart Lock>History through SC Dashboard, isn’t showing any past history events.

I have a Schlage 469 with a Monoprice outlet extender to the Samsung Hub v3.

I use LUM and Schlage app.

I’ve updated DTH last night to v.04.04.00

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thanks
HBS

Not familiar with SC dash board? Do you mean ST dashboard? I have some thoughts but want to make sure we are talking the same thing first.

Hello all,

Anyone know if there is a way to not have a lock managed by this smart app to “not” unlock on correct code entry? What I want to do is create a code that when entered opens my garage door but does NOT unlock my "front door ". That way I can only grant entry into my garage for certain people. Creating a garage door opener keypad out of the schlage keypad on my front door.

Thx B

Run two instances of this smartapp, and only assign the code in one app to the garage door keypad. That’s what I do to control the garage door open/close as a separate smart app. The codes can be the same, but entering on the keypad doesn’t affect the door locks and vice versa.

So might be misunderstanding you but it sounds like you have a keypad for your garage door? In my instance I don’t have key pad for the garage door, just the lock keypad. But I want the lock keypad to open my garage door without actually unlocking the front door lock.

Either way I like the suggestion and I’m going to try your suggestion
and see if I can get it to work.

Got it - yes I misunderstood. I have a separate keypad for the garage door in the separate instance of the SA. In your case, I guess you would need a unique code that only controls the garage door on the keypad for your door. But that can be accomplished easily through this SA.

Edit - they way to do this would be to just add a code in the SA and only have it control the garage door switch. So, the “lock/unlock” actions would associate with the garage door only for the one code that you wanted to open the garage door.

Sorry,…

Samsung Classic Dashboard.