[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I just installed this, which I’m pretty excited about, but I’m not receiving any push notifications when the users I have marked to do so are unlocking the door.
I also have the SmartThings SmartApp for the door lock installed, and I’m wondering if that’s causing a conflict?
Codes are being updated to the lock, I’m just not receiving notifications.

It looks like there is a recursive situation where “setCodes” calls “loadCodes”… I commented out line 546 in the lock.groovy: runin(30,setCodes) and it seems to be working fine.

Is this smartapp no longer being developed? I haven’t seen a code update in quite a while. I am having an issue where I don’t appear to be able to add new users properly. Once they are “partially added” I can’t remove them. I need a lock manager that works and if I am going to do a complete reload of this and probably factory reset my 1 lock (schlage z-wave) then I think it may be best that I switch to a different piece of software. Any recommendations? I know there is a paid smartapp out there somewhere.

Added the user “Samantha” twice. User doesn’t work.

Now I can’t remove “Samantha” either.

This appears to be the error in the log:
1ba7b758-d173-48a6-86bc-d5207d6cd5b8 2:53:22 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Boolean.getTime() is applicable for argument types: () values:
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), getClass(), notify() @line 670 (isInCalendarRange)

Last I saw the developer was starting to look at what would be taken to migrate to the new Smartthings API’s. This is important because eventually all this groovy code is going to be deprecated. Rboy has the paid version in his suit of apps.

I have been using lock manager for couple of years and it worked great. But not until a few days earlier, my lock stopped reporting lock/unlock state if I physically lock/unlock the door. I can see the events like below in live logging, but there is no recent activity for the lock. Any idea what could go wrong here?

1a541116-8610-495b-9641-da74375b998f 11:38:21 PM: debug "zw device: 06, command: 7105, payload: 16 01 " parsed to [‘displayed’:false, ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock: NotificationReport(eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: , zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0, v1AlarmType: 22, reserved61: 0, notificationStatus: 0, sequence: false, event: 0, notificationType: 0, v1AlarmLevel: 1), ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]

This seems to be an issue with the latest firmware update. Mine updated yesterday, and since that moment this Lock Manager is not registering which user slot has unlocked the door.

I’m having the same issue here. I can still lock and unlock it but it is not reporting any activity.

Try changing the DTH back to the basic Z-Wave Lock. I just tested it and my setup is registering the manual unlock/lock and user unlocks now.

1 Like

I’ve changed the device handler to ‘Z-wave lock’ and now I’m once again getting the lock events (manually and keypad actuated locking and unlocking).

It’s really frustrating because other than stopping working, there was no indication of what went wrong. I saw events in the live log but the phone app was not interpreting them correctly.

1 Like

I too am getting no response over the past 2 days. I tried changing the DHT as well and no change actually on my end. I will get the manually lock and unlock notices when using Alexa but that is it. Anything else seem to work yet or just wait for a fix?

An update to dth is required to comply with the new firmware as in this post:

I have messaged and requested Ethayer/Gary D (author),let us hope the dth is updated.

1 Like

or maybe anyone else who can figure and change the code can do that

I’m in the same boat. My lock also stopped updating when the lock is locked/unlocked. Changing the device handler to default results in me not being able to program new codes:( I put a code in and it shows in the list but i get no message that its been programmed. I hope someone finds a fix soon.

Accidentally deleted the whole Lock Manager app because when looking at the lock in the new app, I touched the three buttons in the upper right and missed that it said delete lock. It said delete app instead. What an odd place to have an app delete menu, but I digress.e

I am able to set new codes if I use the old Z-wave Lock Reporting but I get no updates from the lock unless I use the Z-wave Lock DTH. Kind of defeats the purpose of having remote access to give people new codes when I’m not at a computer to futz around with the DTH back and forth. And who knows how long it’ll last…

Ok guys, I got impatient and fidgeted with the code (following guideline provided by ST staffer) and got it working!!!

Just a small modification in the DTH code. Replace following (lines 234 to 242):

Blockquote
def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation cmd)
{
def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand([0x62: 1, 0x71: 2, 0x80: 1, 0x85: 2, 0x63: 1, 0x98: 1, 0x86: 1])
// log.debug “encapsulated: $encapsulatedCommand”
if (encapsulatedCommand)
{
zwaveEvent(encapsulatedCommand)
}
}

with the following code (new lines 234-245):

Blockquote
private getCommandClassVersions() {
[0x62: 1, 0x71: 2, 0x80: 1, 0x85: 2, 0x63: 1, 0x98: 1, 0x86: 1]
}
def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation cmd)
{
def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand(commandClassVersions)
// log.debug “encapsulated: $encapsulatedCommand”
if (encapsulatedCommand)
{
zwaveEvent(encapsulatedCommand)
}
}

Save and publish. Working perfect for me, with status updates and everything.
Feedback appreciated.

3 Likes

Was it starting at line 134? I didn’t see anything at 234 that made sense.

Won’t get to try it until we get home later tonight, though.

For me it is line 234, checked again. Anyhow, you can search for the code part in dth and modify accordingly

@Babar_Khan For me its line 134 as well, but pasting that code didn’t change the status of my lock. Had to go back to the Z-Wave Lock DTH type.

I went ahead and pushed beta-2 to master. People installing the new app may need to uninstall and reinstall the app. Sorry about that.

Good thing is though, the app is just a single app and no child apps are required.

Unfortunetly, I don;t have the time to support both apps right now, so I’m going to have to try to just push this update and then go from there. I’m working to get some features working in my home right now and the new app will support that.

I belive the beta branch (now master) is still working on the current SmartThings platform. I have yet to decide if I will continue working on SmartThings or if I am going to transfer over to an opensource platform. The decision will be tough, but I believe the best solution for my home may be one that I can locally execute all logic, and thus cut out the middle man.

But for now, I’ll push at least a few updates until I decide. I don’t know if I want to learn the new SmartThings SDK or learn a new SDK based on an opensource home automation system.

6 Likes