[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I am attempting to install lock manager to control the codes on my schlage connect. I have followed the guide but when I open the smartthings app with the new type set on the lock, it never loads in the app. It just says “checking status…” underneath the name of the lock. I have tried using both types for both handlers and the only way I can get to lock/unlock the lock from my app is to change the type back to the default “Z-wave lock”. Help would be appreciated, thank you.
Edit : I see the lock manager menu in the automations tab but is it normal that it never loads in the devices tab? I can set codes in the automations tab but they don’t get sent to the lock or work at all.

Hi,
I am new to ST and have a Yale YRD220 and installed the latest zigbee DTH and Lock Manager and am not able to add/create New Lock in the LM. It continues to search but never finds the lock. I am able to connect to the lock using ST but not LM.

The instructions were very well described, so I believe I have followed them but as I am new I may have missed a commonly understood step? I also found through experimentation that only the ST Classic application would allow me to install the LM and not the latest ST app (for iOS).

Any help, suggestions?

Did this still work for you? Mine is also not running schedules or updating users.

So far it is, but I don’t execute many changes, so I haven’t had a chance to update it myself. Did you go into the IDE and update your code from Git to incorporate the patch?

not yet, I wasn’t too sure what I needed to change, I’m pretty new to this. This is line 654.
" if(codeSettings instanceof String) codeSettings = util.parseJson(codeSettings) "

What should it be? So I can copy and paste.

That line should become:
if(codeSettings instanceof String) codeSettings = new groovy.json.JsonSlurper().parseText(codeSettings)

However, if you just do a git update in the IDE, it should pull down the latest code.

Thanks I will try that, I didn’t see any update posted…

Hi, excellent app. I’m using with my three Schlage Z-wave locks and it’s working great. Question: I’d like to trigger a routine when someone hits the “schlage” button to lock the lock via the keypad. The On Code trigger requires a user code to be entered and the On Lock trigger runs when the lock is locked via the deadbolt (which I do not want). Is this possible or supported? Thanks.

1 Like

Followed the instructions and added the smartapp and device handler. When I add the app, it’s missing all the icons. It lets me add my Schlage BE469 z-wave lock but doesn’t look like it ever pulls the codes. Any thoughts?

As for the icons, it’s because the security certificate had expired. I renewed the certificate, so icons should now be loading.

The app cannot retrieve codes already programmed into the lock. It can only SET codes and remember the codes that it, itself set. There is no API to retrieve codes from the lock itself, as this would be against security best practices.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @ethayer, I was wondering, I have a yale key free that has an alarm embedded on it (goes off after incorrect x tries on keypad / vandalism), I was wondering if you could expose the alarm to smartthings? would be nice to use this as a house alarm if motion sensors detect anything while smartthings security is enabled…

Hi @ethayer, i have YALE smart lock with keypad and Fingerprint lock input, it would be nice if lock manager can handle lock/unlock by fingerprint input.

What are the parameters I would use to set a code from webcore or is there a way I can have a switch enable and un-enable a users code?

Hi There,

We use Lock Manager and used to receive text message notifications when our front door was locked/unlocked. This has recently stopped working.

How can I fix this?!

Thanks so much and congrats on your baby!!

I’ve been using lock manager for a year or so simply to receive alerts when a specific user enters. Today I manually changed the code for that “slot” on our main kwikset lock. I deleted the user in the lock manager app and added the new user.

The problem is Lock Manager will not allow me to enter a user name during setup. It gives me the ability to name the “app” but now my alerts and texts simply say "Front Door was unlocked by " as there is no user name.

I’m using a Samsung Note 8 with the latest software/firmware. Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Nevermind. The actual Smartthings app worked correctly. The Samsung Connect Smartthings app was causing errors. Unclear why Samsung has added these layers of complexity and confusion.

I can’t seem to be able to set schedule for 1 specific user. From the early posts i’ve read, the option is available. Was it later removed?

Thank you

I installed Lock Manager last year using my SmartThings account and everything works great. I can manage and add users, etc.

When I try and add a New User using my wife’s SmartThings login on the same hub, the app freezes and I am unable to complete the task. Has anyone else run into this?

Just installed the app. Added 1st user no issue. Added second user and it says something wrong. We cant load the screen right now. I cant open the user to delete they are just stuck. Please help.

I removed the program, factory reset the locks and installed again and now its working.