[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Absolutely! You have it summarized well but I’m going to say that the Lock being faulty is unlikely.

1 Like

@WB70 - take a gold star out of petty cash. Hopefully this will clear up Mike’s problems.

Just a note on the default codes in slots 1 and 2. I have a Schlage Camelot and it also comes w/default codes in slots 1 and 2. I overwrote them using Lock Manager and have had no issues.

1 Like

Perfect - Thanks for the update. There may have been another issue @MRobi

I’m not familiar with the Schlage Lock or Lock Manager for that matter :joy:. So I was flying blind in my troubleshooting effort. Right to Left and then back to the Right again. A method to my madness!

@jkp sucked me in and now owes me a 12 pack of beer and some Ketel One Vodka

2 Likes

Before heading out the door for work this morning I decided to test the codes to see if they work.

Lock does not respond to any codes. Pre programmed or added via lock manager

You should contact Schlage support and see what they say. Sounds like an issue with the lock.

That, or pixies. Bizarre…

My next step this evening will be remove the lock from smartthings, reset the lock, put a code directly into the lock and leave it. Isolate the lock completely from any outside systems to see if it holds the codes that way.

Also check the cables in the lock to ensure they have a tight connection. Is this a new lock? Perhaps the batteries that came with it should be replaced.

Before you do the codes directly on the lock, perform the same steps we did yesterday with Smart Locks. Then enter one code (#3) and let that sit over night.

General question on Lock Manager. I just purchased a an IRIS key pad. Do I use the Zwave lock with codes as the DTH? If not, what should I use. Lock Manger works great with my Schlage lock!!!

Assuming you are using Ethayer’s Lock Manager you need to use the Keypad Module to define the Keypad. User pin codes for the Iris Keypad must be 4 digits.

Use the keypad DTH at miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master, or you may get it at this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master/devicetypes/mitchpond/centralite-keypad.src/centralite-keypad.groovy

Along with these two SmartApps

This should get you up and running. I’m using this exact setup with an Xfinity/Centralite Keypad.

arnb:

Thank you very much. I did not know where to get the Centralite DTH. I have been using Lock Manager for the last several months and it has been great. I have been jacking with this keypad since 2 days before Christmas. Thank you for providing the missing link.

Sorry, I’ve already removed the lock from smartthings, reset and programmed directly into the lock. If (and this seems to be a big if) the codes stick and work, I’ll re-add the lock to smartthings and add 1 through smartlock and see what happens. Then IF that one sticks I’ll reintroduce lock manager.

Start from the beginning and add 1 thing at a time to see where it breaks.

1 Like

Congrats on retaining your sanity through all of this, Mike.

1 Like

Not sure any of us are sane. Just better at masking it.

You know, there’s a jingle we can start singing… :joy:

Perfect plan. Troubleshooting 101 (one thing at a time), not 50. Never find a root cause that way. I think ruling the lock out directly is a better course of action. You will know if it’s defective sooner. :slight_smile: or if its a SmartThings issue.

24 hours now since the reset and programming codes directly into the lock, all codes are still functioning. So I’m going to rule out it being an issue with the lock.

Next test is the SmartLock app, I’ll add 1 code through the app and see if it sticks.

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

I just couldn’t see the lock being faulty. Had the codes not been able to be stored at all, then ya, that would resonate to me. Is it possible that there is some sort of faulty storage mechanism in the lock? It is possible that something could be wrong with it.

So after you test Smart Locks and if that sticks.

Then if you want to get down to the bottom of everything, you need to determine if it is Lock Manager or the associated Device Handler that is crippling it. After you perform your 24 hour testing on Smart Locks, I would start over and do the test with Lock Manager and the “z-wave reporting” Device Handler. If that holds for 24 hours then you know most likely what he culprit is. If it fails, then you have the other answer.

Like Dana said, Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

24 hours on smart locks and everything is still functioning. Using the Z-wave lock (not the one that says with codes) DTH. Having done some research the one that does not say with code is an updated version of the DTH.

Before implementing lock manager into the mix, does anybody know of it will work with the default DTH? I’d like to implement the app with a DTH that I know is currently working before switching device types.