[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Go change the device type to Z-Wave Lock first. Not the codes one

Then go try and add one code with whatever the default length for your Lock is set to after the reset.

Works. Selected z-wave lock (not with code)

Ok so here is my summary.

The Lock Manager / Device Handler you were using successfully created the Lock Codes to the slots in your lock. Now there is either an issue with the SmartApp and/or that Device Handler used because the Lock Codes disappeared from the SmartApp after a certain period of time, am I correct in that?

When you opened the Smart Locks App it still knew that those 3 Codes existed directly in your Lock so the codes were not gone, but from Lock Manager it lost track of them somehow.

Not quite.

Lock Manager still showed all 5 lock codes with the correct user.

The lock was responding to none of them.

Removed the 5 from lock manager and programmed directly into the lock.

Lock manager then showed no codes, and SmartLock showed codes in positions 1, 2, 4 (what happened to 3 and 5? I don’t know.

Then what is this screenshot?

55c8daa09452f81a3b11a34592130bd1ad0dd590_1_281x500

That was after removing from lock manager and manually programming into the lock.

Oh I get it. That probably screwed things up by adding them directly in the lock

I only did that an hour or so ago because the codes that I programmed through lock manager weren’t working at all.

My thought process was, remove lock manager from the equation completely and see if the lock itself remembers the codes

Gotcha. Stop confusing me :joy:

Ok so here’s what I would do next.

1. Delete the code you just created in Smart Locks. No codes added from there
  2. Leave Smart Locks alone - this can coexist with the other SmartApp so you can use as a visual indicator on the dashboard.
  3. Go modify the Type back to Z-Wave reporting and update
  4. Goto Marketplace and add Lock Manager again from My Apps
  5. Configure it and set up one code there and make sure that it works on the door.
    Stop there.

Done.
Interestingly, slots 1 and 2 come pre-programmed with default codes. SmartLock shows these slots as filled. LockManager shows them as empty.

I added a new code and selected slot 3. LockManager shows 1,2 empty. 3 filled.
SmartLocks shows 1 and 2 filled and no other codes.

Stay out of Smart Locks.

Does the code in Slot 3 work on the door?

yes it works

Perfect. If the slots 1 and 2 don’t show up in lock Manager and you know those 2 slots are populated, and it’s not documented, mention this to @ethayer.

So you know not to use slot 1 and 2 for now from Lock Manager.

Delete the code in Slot 3

Let me know when that’s done.

code in slot 3 deleted

Now go modify the Type to the Garyd Device Type and Update.

And then add a new code to slot 3.

Done, and code works on the door.

Sweet.

Resolved then?

Don’t put anything in Slot 1 or 2. That may have contributed to the original issue, maybe.

And don’t use Smart Locks for creating or deleting codes. That’s just a complimentary SmartApp for you to Monitor Status of the Lock.

We’ll find out tomorrow. Everything worked on the initial setup as well as the second time through. The problem only arrived afterwards (next day) when all the codes entered stopped responding.

So while it is working right now, the real test will be if it still responds to the code tomorrow.

This may have been because of the default codes in slots 1 and 2, but at the same time I’m going to want these codes removed at some point because they’re manufacturer codes that can provide access into my home.

Mine has a Master code and that cannot be removed or accounted for. Be careful with that.

If it happens again, you have our whole thread on what we did and tested to give to the developer.

If it does happen again, he is going to want you to perform alive logging after creating the code again.

I would leave things totally alone with that one added code and let it soak overnight.

I think this is going to be a great test.
By not overwriting the default codes in slots 1 and 2, if the code entered in slot 3 stops working while the default codes in 1 and 2 keep working, I’ll know it’s something on the app side and not the lock itself. If all of the codes stop working, including the default, I likely have a faulty lock.

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to help out on this!

1 Like