[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Why am I all of a sudden unable to see my users? Under “installed,” there is nothing listed. Under “locks,” there is nothing listed. What’s going on?

There’s no way for me to see my current lock codes/ delete users, etc.

It appears from the image you posted that you are using the Lock Manager located in MarketPlace: SmartApps: My Apps. Instead, you need to be using the Lock Manager located in Automation: SmartApps.

2 Likes

You’re a legend. THANK YOU!

1 Like

FYI:

When you have selected a SmartApp from “+ My Apps” that is called the Marketplace <--------- This is showing any Custom SmartApps that you created code for in the IDE. The Marketplace is where you initially Install a SmartApp from.

To access an already installed SmartApp (most SmartApps), you always go to Automations / SmartApps <------- These are your already installed SmartApps. To access, to make configuration changes, or to remove the SmartApp, this is where you will normally go.

Note: There are some rare instances where you might go into Marketplace and install a second version of a SmartApp (ie: Big Talker is one to have a version for Speech synthesis and another one for Speakers), but this is not the norm. Also, there are some exceptions where an installed SmartApp doesn’t show up under Automations / SmartApps (ie: the new SmartThings Smart Locks app - After adding this from Marketplace it will only show under the Dashboard).

:grinning:

I just installed this so I may have missed the option.

I have a Schlage connect lock. This lock can take codes in 4-8 length but every code has to be the same length. This app is showing that it can only accept codes that are 4 in length with no codes set yet. The built in smartthings lock manager I was using before will show this properly in that it will let me set an initial code with length between 4-8 and every code after would be required to be whatever the first length is. How do I fix this?

Another issue I am having is when I go into a submenu and then back out of it, the app goes all the way back to the main app screen instead of to the previous menu as would be expected.

I installed a Schlage Connect lock over the weekend and set everything up with Lock Manager. Sent all codes to the lock successfully, can control through the app, etc. Everything was working great.

Went out to run some errands on Sunday, and when I came home the lock wouldn’t respond to any of the codes. Had to use the key to get in. Tried removing and recreating users and couldn’t get any codes to work so I ended up removing the lock from smartthings, removing the lock manager app, factory reset of the lock and started everything from scratch. Finished setting everything up again last night. Tested each individual code. Everything worked perfectly.

Came home on my lunch break today, once again none of the codes are responding and had to use the key to get in.

I saw a similar issue above where the users lock showed the codes as removed. Mine shows none of that. All users are enabled. No schedule is set and no burn is set.

Do I have a defective lock? Is there a step im missing? Is there anything else I should try?

You may want to check if your lock is going into vacation mode.

Hit the schlage button and the programmers code and it beeped and gave me the yellow light. So I hit 4 to put it into vacation mode, then took it out of vacation mode. Codes still not working.

EDIT: The recent activity in smartthings show “Vacation mode has been turned on” and “Vacation mode has been turned off”

So it’s definitely not a vacation mode issue.

In Lock Manager, if you choose a lock in the lock section, lower part of the screen. Do the codes show correctly or do you see an error?

When I go under locks and into lock info, codes are showing correctly in their correct slots

Ok, you tried removing users and locks before so maybe remove them all again. But this time, try adding a code directly on the lock and see what happens.

Just removed a user and re-added the user through the app
-Front door lock sent updatecodes command to front door lock
-Front door lock code 4 was added
-Front door lock code 4 is set

That code works, none of the others do.

I’m going to delete all codes from the app and add them directly to the lock and see if they stick that way.

In Lock Manager, click on advanced at the bottom of the screen. Is Overwrite? Enabled?

Yes overwrite is enabled.

Manually entered all codes into the lock. Tested. All codes are working. App detects the codes being used to open the door, but lock info shows all slots as empty. Is that normal due to them being entered directly into the lock?

What dth do you have assigned to the lock?

I’m using the modified version of garyd9’s DTH from ethayer’s github

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas. :frowning:

tagging @WB70

1 Like

Hehe. Unfortunately I have Yale Locks and I’m using the other SmartApp and Universal Device Handler.

But I will try and take a stab here.