[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Hi, if you’re facing any issues with any of our apps please feel free to email our support team, message me or @RBoy and we will be happy to assist. I’m unable find any messages from this id, please PM me your rboy apps username and I can look it up. We have no reported issues pending with our app. Thanks

Application works great with my kwikset 916. Highly recommend…

1 Like

I’ve got that app installed and was setting up the lock codes via the app on my phone. Hit “Done” once everything was how I wanted it. Just went back in (Marketplace > SmartApps > MyApps > Lock Manager) and my lock was gone…it’s not saving my lock or settings. Any pointers on what I’m doing wrong?

You’re in the wrong section in the app. You should be using Lock Manager from the Automation>SmartApps>Lock Manager section of the SmartThings app.

Thank you!!

I don’t see how to change you icon

Not seeing how to change icons via the app

It has to be done in the code. There isn’t a user option in the app.

1 Like

Hello there. Really sorry…I did not send you guys a message because my default troubleshooting methodology is to fix it on my own and I figured I could try another app quickly to rule out the lock or th app as the problem. Turns out, i am still having the same problem, so here we go.

Basically once I load the app, and run it, it loads all the codes perfectly for a certain amount of time. After an hour or so (have not narrowed down the exact amount of time) none of the codes work anymore on the actual keypad. They are still shown in the app, and from the logging I have seen the app sends the codes everytime, but always says no new codes to set or whatever. The Z wave and Smart Things control of the lock continues to work as expected and never has issues…I only have issues with the codes. It seems like the lock loses them somehow…and this happened with both Rboys app and Ethayers app. Any ideas?

Two account, two device question:
I have installed Lock Manager, all child apps, and my physical device flawlessly. System operates as expected.

I share this account with my spouse via her ST account; everything “shows up” in her account, and she can operate the lock device flawlessly via her ST account.

On my account, I can access all child apps (Automation ,Lock Manager: New Lock, New User, New Keypad).

On my wife’s account, she SEES these child apps, but cannot access them. The standard ST “Something’s Wrong” error message appears.

What’s odd (odd probably because I haven’t dug into the code to understand it yet) is that on her app, she can select all items under the “Installed” category (currently 1 Lock and 2 Users) and see/control/edit data.

The minute any item under the “Create” category is selected, the dreaded Circle Bang appears (circle w/ !). “We can’t load your screen right now”

I’m guessing this is likely a configuration issue within the ST My Apps side of the house, but likely also how the app is designed to be handled by the ST architecture to begin with. Again, haven’t dug into this; I’m 60 minutes old to this community.

I have: Read nearly every. single. message… in this thread for a possible solution. I got to March-ish time frame before I started to simply search my way through the remainder, so my sincere apologies if this has been asked and answered.

Finally, Mucho Mahalo to the dev and to the community for the support. Me being brand new to ST, I was able to get this app up and running in about 10 minutes by following the very well written instructions found here. Bravo Zulu.

I have resolved my problem with my Schlage Century Touchscreen. Seems it was enrolled in my Honeywell Lyric Security panel as well, and that must have been overwriting the codes every time I programmed it with Smartthings.

So I defaulted the lock, excluded it from Smartthings and the Lyric, and then added it back to Smartthings and re-installed Rboys app. All is working as expected now. Thanks @maddie for the assist!

2 Likes

OK, to solve your issues…

Use the Lock Manager that is located under Automation: SmartApps not the one located in Marketplace: SmartApps: My Apps. Lock Manager is the only app you should see (assuming you did not publish the 3 child apps: Lock, Lock User and Keypad in IDE). If you did publish them, they will show up but you should not use them - ONLY use the main Lock Manager app. Trying to use the child apps in MarketPlace: SmartApps: My Apps will only result in the spinning wheel as you described.

The installation guide is wrong in that it leads you to believe you should be using the Lock Manager from the MarketPlace: SmartApps: My Apps. What it should say: open Lock Manager in MarketPlace: SmartApps: My Apps then click Done in the upper right-hand corner which activates the app. After that, use Lock Manager from Automation: SmartApps.

Hmm, Perhaps I need to reiterate where I’m at.

I have installed Lock Manager, all child apps, and my physical device flawlessly. System operates as expected.

The area I’m having issues with is when I add a second user to the same equipment via SmartThings:

On my wife’s account, she SEES these child apps, but cannot access them. The standard ST “Something’s Wrong” error message appears.

Let me expound upon that for a moment.

I “own” the SmartThings account. This app and its instructions were followed, step by step, for a flawless installation on what we’ll call “device 1/primary account”.

From the SmartThings app (v2.8.0 on Android 7.0, SM-G930V) on device1/primary account:
Hamburger menu->My Account ->Add Users
user2@email.com is entered

From device2 (identical v2.8.0 on Android 7.0, SM-G930V) the invitation is accepted via app.

On device2/secondary account, screen for screen, everything appears the same and functions the same, except for what was articulated earlier:

The minute any item under the “Create” category is selected, the dreaded Circle Bang appears (circle w/ !). “We can’t load your screen right now”

To reiterate, this functions normally on device 1.

To answer - no, the child apps were not published, nor do they reside in a published state in my dashboard. They simply do not function on device 2.

I hope that helps explain the specific situation.

Attach a copy of your screen with the issues

jkp,

Let me know what part is confusing. I appreciate the help, but I’m getting the feeling I’ve lost you, you are not able to repro, or you’re not running multi-user.

Hi, @ethayer et al. Great app. Thanks! Got it working with my Kwikset locks and Iris Keypad. Have just one issue. When I unlock a door using the Iris Keypad my notification (SMS by choice) says: “null was disarmed by User: Peter”. I’ve checked the keypad setup (it did seem to default to null when I created the keypad in Lock Manager), but I changed it to Iris Keypad. Any suggestions?

Hmm! I’m not sure, I’ll look into that. Are you using the default child app for your Iris keypad?

Yep. Sure am. Just pulling from GitHub.
[/uploads/default/original/3X/d/3/d32381b573e55f49d4dc8df8deb469a1b2b37d34.png]

My lock has a autolock function, can this be disabled from the app?

Thanks

I’m having issues adding a new lock, when I tap on new lock it just spins for a few minutes and the lock is never added. I’ve followed the user guide up to this point, but now I’m stuck. I can see the lock in the dashboard and it locks and unlocks. Any ideas?