[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I have a Yale Assure set up in Lock Manager with three users. Even though all of those users are using their codes to open the lock, the Lock Manager reports all users as having Entries: 0. How do I fix this?

Was wondering about a Web App and excited to hear itā€™s in the works!!! It will be CRUCIAL for AirBnB management.

Iā€™ve got 2 questions:

• Are you planning to add support for multiple users via Web App only? Essentially providing lock-by-lock management based on E-Mail Address?
  • I added locks/users via Marketplace > My Apps > Lock Manager and then also added the app via Automation > Smart Apps > Add A SmartApp and none of the information was input. Are those two sections independent of each other? It seems odd that to access a frequently used feature you would need to dig through menusā€¦

I definitely need to play around more as I think some ā€œbugsā€ are user error and lack of familiarity, but looking forward to donating to the cause and if you take bribes Iā€™d donate a bit more to move ā€œWeb Appā€ up your priority list haha

I get that rage tapping the icons will get them to load, but more importantly: will they stay synced?

Itā€™s dangerous to have to continually tap the lock/unlock tile for example for it to accurately show the state of the lock. Iā€™m not sure how the other tiles may cause problems by repeatedly tapping, but once they appear will they work from then on?

If notā€¦ seems like a pretty serious bug?

Ahhh, this is what I had hoped back when I first tried setting it up. Almost. Reference: back in 2016 I tried installing a new driver and a User Lock Manager smartapp. It not only didnā€™t work well at all, but it hosed some basic functionality of the lock itself. I reverted back to the standard Z-wave lock DTH at that time.

Anyway, this is now working well!

• The codes that I have in the first two slots in the lock itself work correctly.
  • The codes in the Lock Manager smartapp load and unload from the lock on schedule, and operate the lock correctly. Disabling/enabling codes works correctly.
  • The lock stays open when the doorā€™s contact sensor is open (30 second auto-lock must be disabled for this to work)
  • The lock auto-locks when the doorā€™s contact sensor closes. I might build that function in webcore with a delay of a couple secondsā€¦ or not because it works perfectly now.

My one wish would be this: the lock has a 30-second auto lock built in. For the lock to remain open, that must be disabled. Iā€™d love to find some way for that to remain enabled, while having it be overridden by ST. That way should ST be offline, the lock would still auto-lock after 30 seconds.

Ohā€¦ also, when the lock is opened it reports that by code:
{
"usedCodeā€: 3
}

Seems to me that webcore could utilize that statement such that it allows me to send a notificationā€¦ and Tasker would pick it up, and announce ā€œwelcome home glenā€ for my code, ā€œwelcome dianaā€ for Dianaā€™s code, etc.

Hello. Iā€™m having an issue with the code users slots. I just can see 30 in the ā€œcreate new userā€ field and when I go into the Lock info I can see all the 250 slots. How can I do to use the slot bigger then 31?

I believe if you click on the lock you set up (at the top of the list under Installed), then click on Setup, there is the option - How many slots?.

I found and changed to 250 slots. When in ā€œlocksā€ I can see 250 slots but when I try to add a new user I still have only 30 slots.

Since the firmware update to 18.21, none of my locks is working. I do not see an error in the live logging, however, when I press lock, nothing happens. In the lock states I can see that the last time the lock acted was 2 days ago which is about when the firmware update happened. I tried to restart the hub but that didnā€™t help.
Any ideas?

Okay, so I guess I missed it, but the hub restart resolved the issue.

I had the same issue after 18.22 was pushed out. A manual reboot fixed the locks.

Would you happen to have stet by step installation instructions for lock manager. I try clicking on it and page is unavailable.
Thanks

Yes, Iā€™m getting the same error on dropbox when i click on the directions link. Perhaps someone can repost, or add them to the GitHub source code?

Has anyone had the issue where when you click new lock everything just freezes up?

Looks fine to me, I just set up my Schlage Connect with this SmartApp.

Just got this working with my Kwikset SmartCode 916. Thanks @ethayer for the great app. Iā€™m also using the additional updates to the Zwave Lock Reporting DTH by @stormbarrier (thanks!) to better track manual lock/unlock. @ethayer would you be willing to merge the updates from @stormbarrier post #770 so others could get the benefit from your copy of the DTH?

1 Like

When I review ā€˜recentlyā€™ in my lock activity I see ā€œBack Door was unlocked with code 4ā€.

Activity is always by code # instead of by user. With the original Lock Manager the user name was reported.

Certainly not that big of an issue, but does anyone know why code # is being reported instead of user name?

I never really looked at that before but I see the same as you. Mine reports code number not user name.

The only place that Iā€™ve seen user names is in the ST app, under Notifications -> Messages.

I also USED to see usernames under Notifications -> Messages (running the old Lock Manager).

Now the only report I see on that screen is the phrase I have set to be the ā€˜Hello Home Phrase on Unlockā€™ for the user that entered the code. This means that for most users it simply reports ā€œUnlockā€. And even this, I believe, is not being generated by the lock manager, but rather a report that occurs anytime a routine is executed.

Hi. I have 2 different locks in 2 locations. Kwikswet in 1 location and Schlage in another. How can I set it up to use the DTH for each of them? I first had the Kwikset setup, then I added the Schlage. Right now Iā€™m able to lock/unlock the Schlage, but Iā€™m not able to get it to apply my codes. I assume thatā€™s because it needs a different DTH but I wasnā€™t sure how to properly manage both locks. Thanks!