[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Hmmmm… yeah, that’s odd. Have you tested it with the stock DTH? Also, have you noticed anything in the live logs?

I did try the stock DTH, didnt want to learn the codes. The live logs show no errors. It would seem that the lock goes to sleep before one of the polls. Any idea where the timeout setting in the DTH is? I’d like to try and decrease it and increase the polling rate alittle.

There isn’t any way to set the timeout in the DTH that I’m aware of. @ethayer may be able to expose that in the DTH though. If he does, then you could set it. but it would require him doing that OR you forking the DTH (from git) and adding it yourself.

I have two of these locks, and I’m having the same problem. Here’s the thing though - I’ve had them for about a year, and they only started causing a problem in the last month or so after I upgraded from the old (legacy) Lock Manager and installed the new (current) Lock Manager along with the updated device handler. Or perhaps it’s related to a ST update. But either way, it makes me skeptical about it being the lock itself that’s causing the problem… of course, I could easily be wrong lol.

Like you, I find that sometimes refreshing in the app “wakes” it back up again, but not always. Sometimes manually unlocking/locking the door helps SmartThings see it again too. But 90% of the time SmartThings just says it’s unavailable and doesn’t show the current status.

Would love to hear about any resolution you find, but also happy to help troubleshoot if anyone has any ideas, or perhaps @ethayer if you have anything that could be tried with the DTH.

Thank you!!

Jake

Edit: Might be worth mentioning that, in addition to the lock working in the past, I have plenty of z-wave light switches between it and the hub (all of which support repeating)… also, this is an NYC apartment, so it’s not really that far from the hub anyway!

When I try to add or update a code, I get a push notification that “controller failed to set code for …” I can see that the slot that I have tried has not been updated yet. I get this message every minute. I have tried to fix it by locking and unlocking my door with the smarthings app. Sometimes I think that fixes it sometimes before but not now… It does not seem to be updating. Any suggestions?

Just so you know you’re not alone - my problems started with the same issue. The app could no longer push codes to the lock, and now ST can not communicate with the lock at all.

I believe mine is communicating and locking and unlocking the lock but not updating the codes.

Hmm… I just tried on my home and setting codes is working on my 910’s, my Yale and my Schalge…

For good measure, I updated the DTH to the current stock SmartThings code.

I am working on the LockManager web app now. I had a bit of a setback at work, they’re having me learn a new programming language and that’s been taking up a bit of my time, but it’s a blast. I’m planning on using it for the web application and it should make this app pretty damn sweet.

I have tried changing the type of the lock from Z-Wave Lock to Z-Wave Lock with Codes, and it does not set the codes.

My lock device type name is ‘Z-Wave Lock with reporting’. It is NOT ‘Z-wave lock with Codes’

There could be your problem! =)

2 Likes

I have Kwikset 916 Z0Wave and I can’t even see ‘Z-Wave Lock with reporting’… any idea what’s happening?

As a note: once you as custom DTH such as “Z-Wave Lock with Reporting,” it is added to the end of the list. It is not in alphabetical order.

Hello, ive been using this smartapp for my keypad as of recently and I love it! I know a few people are trying to make entry/exit delay apps, but I’m curious if its easier to program through this app? maybe upon code entered there is a delay of sending it to SHM? I am not a fan of installing a bunch of dummy devices to try and get entry/exit working with some major flaws.

That was my issue… I had the right handler, but the type was incorrect… Thank you…

Currently my locks are set to Z-wave lock with reporting. Today 40 minutes after the lock unlocked with my presence smartapp the lock went unavailable. When i refreshed the lock, about 30 seconds later it came back online.

I just installed this app. It’s great! However, I get a message that my lock doesn’t support notices when user codes are used. However, when I had this lock set up with CPI, the CPI/alarm.com app would report who opened the door. Is there a difference between the CPI/alarm.com app and this app for SmartThings? Now, when I installed the lock on the door, I didn’t change any codes (we’re in a new house; I took the lock from the old house). When I pulled up the codes screen (the one with slots), nothing appeared (even though there must be codes in the lock itself because all the codes from the old house still work). I’m using a Kwikset 910, I believe (it looks like the 910 and it has z-wave, so I think it’s right; I’ve had it few years, so not sure, and CPI installed it, anyway (maybe 4 years old)). Anyway, does this mean there’s no way to monitor the codes used to open the lock? What if I enter new users and new codes using the app? Maybe that’s why I get a message that I can’t add notices for that yet? I’m concerned about adding codes just yet because override is on and I assume that means it’ll erase all my old codes (although not that big a deal because I could just enter the four or so that we use often). Thanks! - Rich

Community, maybe it’s been addressed before and I overlooked it. The app is amazing and I love it. The only one thing I’m missing is that I can leave the house and lock the door by hitting the Schlage button. I always have to type in the code. Is this a setting I’m not seeing? This used to work before installing the app. Cheers!

For anyone using Lock Manager’s (Xfinity/CentraLite) keypad support, my recently released SmartApp, SHM Delay, adds SmartHome’s missing EntryDelay. It supports multiple keypads using one simulated contact sensor device.

I had the same problem until I realized that you need to enable Lock and Leave mode in Lock Manager.

On another note, I am trying to figure out if it is possible to change the alarm mode on Schlage BE469 with routines? I can change the alarm mode fine using ST and Erik’s smart app.

I have a Kwikset 916 Zig-Bee lock I just installed jhamstead’s latest DTH and Erik Thayer’s Lock Manager. Although I haven’t done much testing, things seem to be working fine. I do have two questions: 1) I’m not sure if I installed Erick’s beta or more stable earlier version. Is there a way to tell? Which is recommended – I’m a very basic user. 2nd question; the lock is in a vacation rental and I want to give my property manager access – have them be able to add/remove users. What’s the easiest way to do this while still being able to have control and view usage of the lock myself? Thanks!!!

hello, everyone, I’m new, I have yale220, did install lock manager (https://github.com/ethayer/lock-manager)
I followed all the steps, (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54190708/LockManager/v1.1/guide.pdf), then I checked my phone I have the app, but when adding the users after done and refresh the app, no users and lock showup on the Installed page, please help

Look for Lock Manager in Automations: SmartApps not in Marketplace: SmartApps: My Apps :slight_smile:

1 Like