[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Thank you for this smartapp. But I have a few questions…

1. Do I have to use separate smartapp instances for each separate lock? I have two locks and not sure if I just manage both locks with the same smartapp or do I add one instance for each? I want to have different codes for each lock.
  2. What happens if I set up my codes/users through the ST smartapp and my ST hub goes offline or ST atops communicating with the lock? Will the codes still work in the lock or will all the codes be inactive until the hub is back online? I have had instances where ST shows the lock as unavailable for some reason (haven’t figured out why that happens yet).

New to all of this, trying to decide on a lock, between the schlage connect and a Yale…I need to be able to view detailed activity logs showing user, time, and action…as well as change lock codes obviously. Will either of these locks receive the same functions with this app, and does anyone have a preference between the two ?

1. Nope. You use the same smartapp. In it, you just add both your locks and keypads.

2. Also nope. The lock codes get set and registered in the locks themselves.

I don’t know about disparities between Schlage and Yale, but I have a Yale210 Zigbee lock and it’s my personal preference. It’s been working like a charm for months now and I’ve not had a single problem with it (aside from sometimes being a bit slow to update ST).

2 Likes

Can you tell me, if I’m using the app on my iPhone, if a view exists where I’ll be able to see exactly what I’ve layed out above? Ie. list view of user activity on the lock?

If you go to the lock in “My Home” and slide over to the Recently tab, you can see it.

However, a much more comprehensive view is available in the IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/) by going to My Devices -> [Lock] -> View Events.

In testing it, it shows me that the lock was unlocked with “Code 1” (which is the only slot I have a code in).

1 Like

What is the IDE? Is it easily accessible through the same app on my phone? Are you able to rename that code with someone’s name instead?

The IDE is the backend view into SmartThings. Think of it like an advanced user portal. It’s accessible through a mobile web browser, but is actually much better (imho) on a PC or tablet. It gives you a LOT of information about what’s going on with your smart home and devices. Oftentimes in the forums, you’ll only be able to do certain actions in the IDE, so I’d recommend learning how to navigate it if you plan on expanding your smart home beyond the basics. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, you can’t rename the code with a person’s name in the logging/recently views, but @ethayer might know better than me about that.

One thing you can do, however, is setup alerts so that if a user does use a lock code, you can get a notification on your mobile device. That’s setup in one of two places; Automation > SmartApps -> Lock Manager -> Notification Settings and/or when you create a user, clicking on the user and going to Notification Settings there.

1 Like

Anyone using a different DHT that works with the lock manager? When I use the one from ethayer, my lock goes offline. I have to then X out, the refresh manually. This happens once a day. I have tried the one from rboyapps without luck. It doesn’t go offline, but the lock manager doesn’t seem to be compatible.

It looks like each user that I set up applies to both locks unless I disable the use on one lock. Is this the way it’s supposed to work? User 1 code will be the same code for both locks in the slot assigned?

As I understand it, yeah, I believe it is supposed to work that way. Easier for the user and less steps if you have multiple locks setup. Unless you are using locks on individual rooms or buildings like a garage or something, why wouldn’t you want a user to have the same code on multiple locks?

I’m using this one for my Yale210 (Zigbee):

What type of lock do you have?

1 Like

Sorry I didnt specify, I am using a zwave kwikset 912. My zigbee locks work perfect, just the zwave ones are having issues.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set a yale keyfree uk lock to silent mode using the DTH (Z-Wave Lock-Reporting) from Lock Manager?

Yeah, not surprising. 90% of the time, issues are with the z-wave locks. Z-wave mesh networks are typically weaker than Zigbee networks (ymmv).

So, I’ll do the usual spiel about repairing your z-wave mesh from the IDE (not the app). However, I don’t think it is an issue with the DTH so much as the lock itself. I’ve seen a lot of people have issues with the 91x series and range. I just installed my first 910 (z-wave), so I can’t say for certain. My lock is about 15’ from my hub and I have a z-wave plus repeater in-between them and I haven’t had any issues with communications or the lock going to sleep.

I did find this little tidbit here: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/BDHHI/912-programming-troubleshooting

The lock is in sleep mode.
If the lock has been unable to communicate with the system after
multiple attempts, it will go into sleep mode. Lock and unlock the door
with a key so that the lock status transmits to the system. If it still does
not communicate, remove (exclude/unpair) the lock from your system.
Then, pair (add/include) the lock with your system again. If the problem
persists, add a repeater or router between the controller and lock if none
presently exist in the system.

Nope. You’d need to program that at the lock itself or use the DTH provided by @RBoy ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock and August Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features).

1 Like

ok, thankyou for your quick response, is this DTH from Rboy only available if you pay for it?
i dont have an issue with that im just curious?

Yeah. But, well worth the price. @rboy does some amazing work. Plus, you also get access to his other apps/DTHs.

1 Like

thankyou, ill head over and purchase it now…

2 Likes

When I refresh the lock, smartthings then shows the lock as reporting ok. This is without me touching the lock. This is why I was thinking the dht was having an issue.