[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Hi Erik,

Love the app! I tried searching through the thread and other places online but quick question for you.

I’d like to change the default auto-lock timer from whatever it currently is (30 seconds maybe?) to something like 5-15 minutes. I looked in the IDE at the options as well as the source, but wasnt sure where to find the variable I’d likely need to adjust. Can you offer some insight/assistance?

Thank you!

Congratulations on the new baby! I have 2 boys 10 and 7…they make life good! Thank you for all your hard work on the app!

Onto my issue lol,

I love the app, and it is working fine for my Schlage Camelot touch screen on the back door, and it worked for about 3 hours on the front door lock, but now the front door lock doesn’t work with the smarthings app to lock unlock after adding it to the lock manager app.

I removed the lock from the door, excluded it, re-added it to the hub, installed back into the door, worked fine, as soon as I added it to the lock manager it stopped working.

Both doors are roughly the same distance to the hub, the front door is close to a z-wave switch that repeats.

Any idea on how to fix this without un-istalling the lock manager app, reinstalling everything, and starting from scratch?

Has anyone had problems with the schlage locks? Could it be a bad lock?

Update: By refreshing the lock I got it to lock and unlock via the smarthings App, but it still will not connect to the lock manager, my initial codes are still in it from when it worked with lock manager after the first installation.

Hi I am new to Lock Manager. I followed the install instructions and the app appears in the marketplace in my phone app. I can set up the lock and a user, but when I hit ‘done’ in the upper right I get a notification at the top of the screen that “Lock Manager is not installed and automating” and if I go back into the app all my changes are gone. Any ideas on what is going on?

Instead of going to the marketplace, check for Lock manager in automations: smartapps

jkp, thanks!

just setup a new lock for a friend and everything works perfect except i am not getting any text message notifications. here is the lock i setup Schlage lock . i have schlage camelot and everything works fine. can figure this out. any insight ?

To set up notifications for Lock/unlock of the lock:
In Lock Manager, open the Lock you set up, click on notifications, enter your phone number and then enable Lock/unlock below. Also enable push notifications if you want those.

To set up notifications for users:
In Lock manager, open the user you set up, click on notifications, enter your phone number and then enable on user entry/on Lock below.also enable push notifications if needed.

You can also use WebCORE to create any of the notifications you need.

1 Like

Lock Manager is great. Thanks. I have 4 Kwikset 916 Z-Wave locks setup and working by carefully following the Lock Manager pdf guide. 3 more of the same locks are on the way!
I do have a few questions as follows:

1. I used the default device handler "ethayer : Z-Wave Lock Reporting."
    Will using another device handler provide additional functionality?
  2. I had a hiccup at some point and the log continues to show a count of 8 users instead of 4. So far this does not seem to impact the functionality but I am somewhat concerned. I deleted all the users and locks and re-added them. The count goes down to 4 and then back up to 8 as I add the 4 users. I hesitate to uninstall the DH and the Code and start over.
    Is this a known issue and is there a fix
  3. I added a physical door sensor to one of my doors where Lock Manager manages the lock.
    I added this contact sensor to the lock in the LM app.
    Is the field for the contact sensor a place holder for future functionality?
    I don’t see a functional benefit from adding the contact sensor to the LM app for a lock.
  4. Within the app under Lock/Notification settings the “Send Notifications to” presents "You can’t currently add this."
    What does that mean? Is there a piece of ST I am missing or is this future functionality for LM? I am using the Push notifications and they seem to work fine.
  5. Apparently, I don’t understand the ‘Ask Alexa’ option. When I check the 3 radio buttons it seems to add entries to the log but I don’t see the functional benefit. What am I missing?

Again LM is an excellent application.
Very functional, well designed, and frankly impressive.

Thanks very much.
Luke R.

that’s the first thing i did. i have both lock notifications and user notification setup, still nothing.

Adding the contact sensor confirms the fact that the door is actually closed. It’s possible to lock an opened door!

I realize that adding a contact sensor confirms that the door is actually closed and that you can lock an open door and it will report locked in LM. However, I do not see any additional functionality by noting the related contact sensor in LM. It would be nice if adding a related contact sensor to LM changed the logic in LM reporting that the lock is locked and the door is open or even better that the lock will not lock because the door contact sensor is open and LM would report that lock is unlocked because the door is open.

Does anyone else have issues with lock codes not consistently updating to their doors when using a schedule? I always seem to have one or two users that fail to update (most often on the Schlage, but also on the Yale). Every couple of days I need to go into the Lock Manager and reset the users on the offending lock to get their codes to be valid.

2 Yale YRD-210 - Using Z-Wave Reporting Lock DTH
1 Schlage Century - Using Z-Wave Z-Schlage Touchscreen Lock DTH

1 Like

I’ve got a Yale Keyfree (YRD240-ZW-619) that I CANNOT get codes to update on. I’ve tried everything short of factory resetting the lock itself. I’m using the Lock Reporting DTH, I’ve excluded and included the lock in the z-wave network.

It had codes set properly from the old Lock Manager app and I tried moving the user slots to 3,4…3,5 etc with no luck. I even manually deleted all user codes which Lock Manager acknowledges because before it was showing lock codes in slots not associated with users in the smartapp and now it’s not.

When I log, it just shows it keeps trying and trying and then after 10 tries it gives up. I’m pulling my hair out here! What can be done?

I meant to also say that nothing is showing up in the live logs and I do have enable debug logs on.

Hello, I am new to this and very confused. I had Nexia before and it had this door code stuff built in already. I was told smartthings was better and more control, but now I am just confused with all of these steps.

I have been following the user guide instructions. I am stumped at activate custom DTH for your device, it says it may take some time to populate, but nothing is populating. There is an option to add devices, but the guide did not mention that step, so I am confused. What am I supposed to do? I peeked in the add area and it wants things like network id and such, not sure where to find that if I have to enter it.

I also have two Schlage locks on my house, when the devices do populate, can I do both at the same time, or do I have to go through the whole guide again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert

Once you’ve added the custom device handler into your IDE, when you enroll the z-wave lock with your SmartThings hub, you then go to “My Devices” in IDE, edit the device and choose “Z-Wave Lock Reporting” in the list for “Type” (it should be at the very bottom if it’s the last DTH you added. Once that’s done, when you look at the lock on your phone, it will be using the custom DTH. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks. The locks are already enrolled in ST before I started trying to add Lock Manager. The locks are not showing after I added the Handler and went to the next step under my devices and it says I dont have any devices. Not sure what to do now?

It also says I dont have any hubs. It says I can go to the ST app to claim it. When I go to the app, it shows my hub and its online and works as it should. Even more confused.

I can almost guarantee this is the split IDE server issue. When you are in IDE, click on the “My Locations” tab then click on the hub you want to interact with (in my case it’s called “Home”). Now see if the URL at the top has changed. For me, my hub is at the https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com server. If you’re looking at the wrong server, that’s why you’ll see “no devices”. Once you’re looking at the right server, make sure that you’re adding your device handlers in that server instead of say https://graph.api.smartthings.com/.

Hope that makes sense. I bet that’s your issue. Tripped me up a lot in the beginning. Not sure why it has to be so difficult. Just give me one URL and then route me correctly based on login but nooooo… :slight_smile:

That was it. Now I have my devices and all the other work I did is gone. Will this cause an issue that I set it up in one place already and now setting it up again?

lol… Agreed. Give me one place to be confused, not two and then toggle me between them. lol… Good times. NOT!! lol…

Thank you!!!