[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

The one from ethayer.

Also, I’m still getting java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object when trying a simulation from my shard account.

Nothing appears to happens when I tap on Lock Manager in the ST app but what is does is it adds a Lock Manager entry in the SmartApps list. If I tap 20 times I will end up with 20 lock managers. Started happening after I updated the code. I tried to remove and reconnect the lock but no joy.

delete all but 1, or delete them all and only create 1. Then under Automation: SmartApps (not Marketplace: SmartApps: My Apps) you open Lock Manager and you should be able to add locks and your users/codes.

Do you mean delete all the apps or just Eric’s apps? I have already tried deleting just Eric’s apps I am no joy there either.

If you have a single Lock Manager under Automation: SmartApps, open it and try to add your locks and users/codes. You had mentioned tapping 20 times and having 20 Lock Managers, that is why I was stating you only need one.

After had saved and published to myself of the lock-manager codes from IDE web, I got back to the mobile smartthings apps --> Marketplace —> Smartapps but didn’t see 4 lock-manager apps there and therefore could not use this tool to change the code remotely. Please help with additional steps to get the lock manager on smartthings app.

Thanks very much.
Jack

I know I only need one lock manager for one lock that I have. The problem is if I tap on lock manager it does nothing. I cannot get into lock manager. Every time I try to get in to lock manager it does nothing except for create another instance of it. There is something wrong with lock manager. It was working fine and now I wish I did not update it. I even tried installing version 1.0 and has the same problem. I don’t know what that error code means either. I cannot find any information on it.

hawtboi1 Start fresh again. On the locks you have on installed in Things change the “Type” back to Zwave or Zigbee Lock (whatever one you’re using) before readding the code, I recall seeing Lock Manager on one of the IDE screens after I thought I deleted ALL occurrences of Lock Manager from My Locations & Smartapps

Hi Pljohns,
Please let me know how did you push the manager-lock code to the Iphone.
Thanks
Jack

Hi Ethayer,
Sorry I am a brand new user for this community and may had asked questions to the wrong person.
Hope you are the right one to give answer about not being able to push the manager-lock codes to the samrthings apps from Iphone. From IDE web., I was able to get the files, but when went to Smartthings myapps, I didn’t see any apps there. Please help.
Thanks
Jack

Thank you Ethayer, for the great app and userguide. everything was very straight forward and went well for my kwikset 910.

Hi There,
Finally I was able to get the lock-manager published to ST app. However; the new code was not programmed at all since this “Schlage connect touch screen” lock would need the followed steps in order to assign a new pass or user code.

1. enter the 6 ditgit program code.
  2. enter “1”
  3. Enter 4 digit pass code first time.
  4. Reenter the same 4 digit pass code 2nd time.

===> Should see 2 blinks and 2 beeps. Not sure how you could detect these responses.

Please see if the current “Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock” network ID 02 could be enhanced to take in the above steps before could created the new user code.
Thanks
Jack

Start fresh as in resetting the hub to defaults and set everything up, again? That would be a lot of work and won’t have time until next week or the following.

If you mean remove all apps only, I already did that. Renaming the lock does not help :frowning:

hawtboi1 Yes, just the apps only. I’m perplexed as you are

I am having trouble with some user codes on some locks. On two of my four locks I see a message that “Controller has failed to set user code.” I go to that user and it shows “ERROR//DISABLED” on two locks. I reset the user for the locks reporting the error. Sometimes the message goes away for a while but today it doesn’t reset the user. i have 6 users programmed into the locks.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The two locks that have the problem are the same type of locks. Schlage BE469NX deadbolts.
Live Log for one lock
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:20:44 PM: debug deleting code 2
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:20:44 PM: debug code2 was 1234, set to deleted
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:20:44 PM: debug updateCodes called with: '[[“code2”,""]]'
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:20:39 PM: debug poll is sending []
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:14:39 PM: debug code2 remains unchanged.
2f80378c-0352-4273-a102-c9036ddcc371 12:14:39 PM: debug updateCodes called with: ‘[[“code2”,“1234”]]’

Alexander,
We’re you able to get this fixed? I uninstalled all instances of Lock Manager (through the IDE) and the DTH, and then tried to start over, but am still getting the same error. It sounds like other users are not having this issue, but it is even more important that I get this working, as all our codes were deleted when I uninstalled Lock Manager

Any other community support would be really appreciated

AIgleheart I was able to reinstall after removing the smartapp from the ide and it is working again. I’m using the Universal Zigbee Lock dth with my Yale YRD210 lock however

Thanks for the great addition. I have a question. I can see that user codes and the like are reported to the app, but I would like them to also be reported to MQTT so I can track them in Home Assistant as well. All I see coming into my MQTT broker, though is:

smartthings/Front Door Lock/lock

I can see the state change between lock and unlocked. But apparently I can’t also set the state from here. Is there a way to change the apps I can track which user (even just the user number) unlocked at what time?

Or whether it was locked by the keypad, or a press, or whatnot?

I just installed it and although it seems to be working, I have 4 issues: (edited to included 2 more issues):

1. The main SmartThings app shows my lock status as “Unknown” even though it’s locked. I tell it to lock and it does, and then it just reverts back to “Unknown” which is obviously a bit of a problem as I’d like to know that my doors are locked when I’m away from home.

2. I set up all of my users and named my lock “Front Door Lock” but the app keeps referring to it as “null”. It sends me text messages “null was manually locked” or “user has access to null”

3. The app is telling me the Front Door is locked, while simultaneously telling me the Front Door is Jammed. I have checked and it’s locked but not jammed. I tried manually unlocking and relocking, but the app still thinks it’s jammed.

4. Randomly the lock just sent me a message to tell me one of my users no longer has access. This user hasn’t used the lock yet and I haven’t made any changes to my settings or added or deleted any users.

Any advice would be most welcome. I am not a developer - I succeeded in installing everything simply by following the instructions carefully, but I don’t know what most of it meant!

Many thanks in advance.

Hello all - i have having the same issue that hawtboi1 has. I am using a iPhone, if i click on SmartApps and Lock Manager it does not open.

I have done the following:

• Gone into my IDE and deleted all instance of Lock Manager
  • Clicked on my smartapps, update from repo, lock-manger (master) and updated the repo
  • reinstalled the LockManager and still nothing

when i click on Lock Manager it does noting
when i try to simulate the app i get the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object

appreciate any help

also, same result on my ipad and 2nd phone running Android

so i got it to work, i had to also install the Keypad widget

now i just cant get the SMS to work nor will it arm the house on code lock