[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Hmmm…I wanting to delete everything and reinstall from scratch

Hi all -

Using the Kwikset 914 Zwave and I’m now encountering issues trying to update codes from the Lock Manager app. Debug log says there is an error with the updateCodes command as it is not supported by the device… is this accurate??

5ab3a76a-6ae5-4add-a315-1a6043ccc8a2 10:22:27 PM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ‘updateCodes’ is not supported by device 1818913e-60ea-4efd-91fc-e749e5cf3ea4 of type ‘Z-Wave Lock Reporting’. Supported commands: [poll, lock, unlock, refresh, lock, unlock, setCode, deleteCode, requestCode, reloadAllCodes, unlockWithTimeout, setCodeLength, nameSlot, ping, unlockwtimeout] @ line 545

@Alexander: Let us know how reinstalling works for you. I really don’t want to do it.

Also, I’m using a Yale YRD216-ZW2. I am using ST v2.0.

I’m on ST 2.4.0 using a (2)Yale YRD210 Zigbee model on a android phone. I probably will reinstall in a couple of days and post my results.

Update: I had nothing to do so I reinstall Lock Manager, it’s up and running again! My counts on user entries are not counting right maybe because I had to delete one lock and readd back into the network and I keyed in manually the user slots and codes and they may be different than when used Lock Manager to assign users and slots.

I was doing okay with the instructions until I got to the part where I needed to go into each of the files on your GitHub and do something with them into mine? Huh??? (I need some help.)

Thanks. I’ll have to try that in the next few days.

I’m have a problem where my lock is deleting codes I have set t codes and it deletes all but one .

This happened in the middle of the night . How do i keep the users I program in

I’m having a similar problem with the latest Lock Manager (using the Schlage Camelot using the garyd9 DTH). Lock Manager keeps refreshing user codes every minute and occasionally deleting them(!).

When the issue happens it looks like this:

and the removed user code looks like this:

If I “retry setting this user” that fixes the problem for a while, but the next day it’s been deleted again. I also tried deleting the users entirely and re-creating them and it doesn’t change the behavior. Any idea what’s going on?

Do you have the latest modified version of garyd9’s DTH that is available at @ethayer github page?

Ahh… I was using the one from garyd9’s github change, which is slightly different. Just updated and will see if that fixes, tx.

1 Like

Question on the DH. I don’t see reports of entry from my Yale Z-Wave using the custom DH where the user authenticates via an nfc tag or card. Should these be reported? I can see attempts and successful entry via Lock Manager codes but not the tags or card. I’d expect at least to see a lock change status alert?

Marc .
I been having that same problem also
I will try to up the code and see if that helps

Hi There,
I tried to use the lock manager step by step, then got to this point where it didn’t see my lock so I had to create one but then got stuck at step where device must have location or hub.

A Device must have either a Location or a Hub

« Device List

Create Device
Name *
Label
Zigbee Id
Device Network Id *
Type *
Version * Location Hub Group

So could not continue to work with lock manager for the Schlage touch screen
Please help.
Thx
Jack

Sounds like you are on the wrong shard with trying the setup. Read the following post to discover the proper shard you should be on.

New to ST as of today. Does this tool allow you to trigger actions when a valid pin code is entered?

Why do I get this error message when trying to install zwave-lock-reporting?

No signature of method: script1499907560594666332222.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1499907560594666332222$_run_closure1) values: [script1499907560594666332222$_run_closure1@779b67f5] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Which DTH are you using?

You no longer need to know your shard. Just use the universal login https://account.smartthings.com

Yes it does.