[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I have used this app for quite some time now. I am experiencing reporting issue’s that previously worked very well.

1. I have made sure to update the DTH from Eriks repo.
    I tried both the of DTH’s but neither seem to fix the reporting problem

2. I uninstalled the app completely in the IDE and started completed over with a new app installation - direct from repo again, 1 parent and 3 child apps.

3. Added 4 users back in to start clean - the codes clearly work - no problems with the hardware - ONLY the reporting that continues to be troubled.

4. I have tried both the notifications directly associated with Lock Manager, and AskAlexa exclusively. then both together. I have also but the audio notifications in Big Talker to see if I could some state device info. at least out audibly. No go there too.

The Manager or Lock user does not appear in the live log… I used the code - unlocked the lock …but in the list of apps - I see nothing …

installed app’s in IDE:

Lock Manager app won’t open in smh. Getting ! Something’s Wrong Retry…

Lock manager has been working fine for me for months, I hardly go into the app to make changes or even look because it’s been working fine. Yesterday I decide to open the app and I get this error message.

Would appear that the latest version in git of either the app or the DH is having an issue with Kwikset 910 deadbolts. When pushing the codes, the advanced logging replies back that it cannot use lock.updateCodes… I replaced line 545 with lock.setCode and at least some of the errors disappeared.

Though that doesn’t actually fix the issue – despite it now showing up in the logs that the code is being sent. There is no response from the lock.

I can, however, manually set the code using the lock interface itself, to ensure the keypad is functional. Is the latest code showing up in git?

Interestingly enough, the app behaves slightly better when using “Z-Wave Lock with Codes” as the device handler.

Back with the provided DH. Errors under “Lock: Front Door Lock”

9b7fc1d6-6a35-4369-840b-308d0f58aaf0 4:41:04 PM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ‘updateCodes’ is not supported by device 0ef1e9b0-d3b6-4a7e-858a-2b76a7172963 of type ‘Z-Wave Lock Reporting’. Supported commands: [poll, lock, unlock, refresh, lock, unlock, setCode, deleteCode, requestCode, reloadAllCodes, unlockWithTimeout, setCodeLength, nameSlot, ping, unlockwtimeout] @ line 545
9b7fc1d6-6a35-4369-840b-308d0f58aaf0 4:40:39 PM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ‘updateCodes’ is not supported by device 0ef1e9b0-d3b6-4a7e-858a-2b76a7172963 of type ‘Z-Wave Lock Reporting’. Supported commands: [poll, lock, unlock, refresh, lock, unlock, setCode, deleteCode, requestCode, reloadAllCodes, unlockWithTimeout, setCodeLength, nameSlot, ping, unlockwtimeout] @ line 545
9b7fc1d6-6a35-4369-840b-308d0f58aaf0 4:37:03 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isNumber() on null object @ line 359
9b7fc1d6-6a35-4369-840b-308d0f58aaf0 4:35:00 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isNumber() on null object @ line 359

There really aren’t any other errors or confirmation messages from attempting to set the codes.

I also tried to go back to the last version of ULM 4.1.1 that I had working, and no dice. I haven’t had these locks installed for ages. :confused:

Hoping some one can point me in the right direction. I have installed the 4 smartapps for the latest version of lock code manager. I added the Handler and assigned it to the lock. When i create users they are not overwriting the existing codes. The new codes are not at all written to the code slots on the lock. When i unlock the door with the the default slot 1 code, it will increment the count on the user i created for slot 1 but ignores the code i defined.

any ideas what is going on. I have removed all the smartapps and handlers and re-added them. Rebooted the smart hub. Not sure what else to try.

NM - got frustrated and quit around 10:30pm. It randomly started working sometime between 8am and 3pm the next morning.

Wow, I am so confused. This is the first time I have done something like this. I’m sure I have followed all the steps. But I’m still not having any joy.

I can see the lock in the app. I can make user codes in the app. But they are not sending to the lock!

Any ideas or if you need some more info will be much appreciated. Thanks very much!

I had that until i changed the handler to the one they suggest

Thanks for this. Which handler are you using?

I have this lock and have been trying to get the lock manager to work for 2 days!!

I’m completely new to all this so think i’ve probably done something wrong!

I have been struggling with the lock manager for days-
I suspected something “may” have happened on the ST backend, as they have been making changes (some announced about depracated apps) etc.

On RBOYS thread he has had issues as well and confirmed with ST there were changes that caused DTH issues, and should be rolling out a hot fix shortly.
Praying this fixes issues with the DTH’s used with Lock Manager too!

[UPDATE] spoke with support myself- they have “eyes” on and are aware of issue’s. Asked to reach out to Dev’s tagging @ethayer

My findings: ONLY the notifications are being effected when the codes are used. The user codes do work on the keypad. Manual (this included voice commands) lock and unlock notifications ARE received (via BlG TALKER and ASK ALEXA).

Good morning - I needed to remove a user code this morning, but was greeted by this screen. I’ve updated my DH (ethayer : Z-Wave Lock Reporting) and the three SmartApps (Lock Manager, Lock, Lock User) but am still getting the error.

Is this likely due to the back-end ST changes you mentioned above? Thanks for all your help - love the App btw.

I been getting this error since July 4th. You are not alone. Before your post I thought I was the only one experiencing this because I didn’t get any responses/comments

I think we are seeing further degradation with some Apps. My hub also went down last night and other dev’s have reported worsening problems with their apps.
Reporting to support is important so they understand the degree of user impact.

1 Like

Roxy (SmartThings)
Jul 7, 11:28 AM MST
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for reporting the issues with Lock Code Handlers/Managers today. I just inquired to one of my senior resources and found out that we did roll out an update yesterday afternoon that fixed some LCM issues that have been occurring, so things may actually be fixed now. However, if what you and other Community members are seeing is still happening today, after you’ve republished your handlers, then those might simply be issues waiting on the developers you mentioned, like Ethayer, to complete changes for their specific integrations.
One thing I’ve learned in my time with SmartThings is that we have a very robust super user community, and I let our new customers know that when they need solutions that reqiure custom apps or devices, or when they just want to know what other users are doing that goes beyond the scope of what we currently support. Thanks again for reaching out–we appreciate you!
Have a great weekend,
Roxy
SmartThings Support

1 Like

Why do I get java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object when trying a simulation from the web account?

The app does nothing when I tap it in the ST app. Started happening after I updated the code.

Edit: it appears as if it does nothing but what it does is add a Lock Manager entry that does nothing in my installed smart apps list. If I tap 20 times I will end up with 20 lock managers.

Yes, I synced ST account with github,

Getting the same results. I can’t delete the smartapp either. Getting “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users” message

To delete it you have to log in to your ST account on the ST web site, click My Locations, click smartapps, click Edit, click Uninstall next to Lock Manager and then click Done. After that, you can delete it from My SmartApps. At least that works.

Thanks hawtboi1 that worked. Now is the issue with Lock Manager app not loading a problem for a just few or everyone?

Its working for me