[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I’m not sure. The notification works for me every time.

One thing to note is that if you don’t click ‘Done’ on the user settings page after hitting a toggle, the setting won’t be saved and the action won’t happen, thus you won’t get a notification.

Sometimes deleting a code can take a minute or two in my experience.

1 Like

this is some awesome stuff. been waiting to use it and it’s working a treat now with thanks to the DTH from @jhamstead

I’ve put in blank users to try solve this issue but it’s still occurring - it’s picking the user who unlocks the door but says user 2 instead of the nickname entered in the user.

any other possible fixes for this? i’m using kwikset 914 zigbee.

thank you

@joel_eggenhuize My DTH is the one reporting User # used. The reporting of the user’s name is by the SmartApp.

I also do not see the user nickname but did not think anything of it until you just brought it up. I do remember it did work with the old SmartApp version.

1 Like

Thanks Erik. Actually from reading this entire thread I think there might be a broader issue, perhaps with the Schlage Touchscreen locks in particular? Sorry for this long response.,.

The lack of consistent notification I feel is because the smart app is not consistently adding the code to my lock, or more to the point seems unaware that it is adding the code I tried clearing all codes manually from the lock itself and started again and the problem replicated each time.

I have 2 users set in slots 1 and 2 with the codes I want. I disable slot 1 to remove that code from the lock, and tap done. Log shows:

c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:35:03 AM: debug “zw device: 05, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 01 00 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:’’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 is not set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:35:03 AM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:’’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 is not set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:34:58 AM: debug “zw device: 05, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 01 00 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:’’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 was deleted, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:34:58 AM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:’’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 was deleted, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:34:54 AM: debug deleting code 1
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:34:54 AM: debug code1 was 1115, set to deleted
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:34:54 AM: debug updateCodes called with: '[[“code1”,””]]’

I receive a notification about user being removed. All is good. A couple minutes later I re-enable that user. Log shows:

c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:27 AM: debug "zw device: 05, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 01 01 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘1115’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:27 AM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:1, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘1115’], ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:25 AM: debug "zw device: 05, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 01 01 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeChanged’, ‘value’:1, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 was added, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:25 AM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeChanged’, ‘value’:1, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock code 1 was added, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]]
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:23 AM: debug setting code 1 to 1115
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:23 AM: debug code1 was , set to 1115
c8bef58d-5653-47d0-a650-5485585bc1f5 11:39:23 AM: debug updateCodes called with: '[[“code1”,“1115”]]

So it appears the lock has taken then new code. But the App shows that the lock set failed and eventually disables the user. It is as though the app is unaware that the new code has ‘taken’

If i go to refresh the lock data all slots show '‘pending refresh’, which never completes ( I understand this will not work with all locks, so perhaps mine is unsupported). Oddly, what seems to work is if I remove the lock itself from the app and then add it back, at which point it shows the code is loaded in slot 1 correctly.

Sorry for the long response, I have spent hours fiddling with it and wanted to provide as much detail as I can think of in hopes that someone will have a suggestion.

Thanks again.

I’m having issues 1,2,3 & 4. I have not tried auto scheduling though but it sounds like. using Schlage BE468. I think there is a definite issue with this model lock and the smartapp or DTH. These issues were not present with the previous app.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Push notification use to work when I revoke a user code but it no longer works…
I even updated the App but same result.
Push notification works when I add a new code.

Hmmm … gonna have to test this. I suppose I could revoke the wife’s code, but I’m sure I’ll get more than just a notification :wink:

1 Like

lol. I actually revoked my wife’s code. Good thing it didn’t send any notification. But when I add her code back the app notified us.

2 Likes

Erik I only have one instance of the lock installed and I access the app through the Automation/SmartApps menu no through the marketplace.

I found that if I toggle “User Enabled?” on and off during the New User process it doesn’t show the “Please fill out all required fields.” message, “There was a problem processing your request. Please try again.”, and the “WARNING: This user has been disabled…” And I do it way ahead of time before the person needs to use it since I suspect it takes time for it to set??

I also avoid ever changing a User’s keypad and rather, I just delete the user and create a new one instead.

@blu3dye @sdbg maybe that helps?

@ethayer I’d be happy to help you debug this issue if you’d help me figure out how to isolate the error. I don’t know the system well enough to figure out if it’s the device, device handler, or app that is causing this issue.

I was able to get all of my codes to stay and the platform has been working fine. I plan on starting from scratch again to see if I can pinpoint what is causing the issue. Hopefully I’ll have some time on Friday or the weekend to work on it.

When you say fine you mean that the codes are setting properly not and not throwing the “user has been disabled” errors? Did you ever try changing a users’s pin and it worked? And curious, did you ever run into the issue in the New User wizard where it kept throwing the “Please fill out all required fields” error?

I might have to try clearing all the codes via the physical lock as you mentioned and re-set all the users.

yes. after the codes set and i turned off the overwrite option, i no longer saw the app trying to retry over and over. i have changed a user’s pin and it seemed to work. i’ve only done it once though.

as for the new user wizard, i did run into that issue before. i just tapped on each of the settings again and the new user eventually created fine.

I wish I could reproduce this. I have the same lock and everything. Only thing I can thing of is if the data string doesn’t match then it would keep trying.

I have BE469 running on the DTH in my repo, and I can’t make it behave this way. I’ll try android and see if the inputs are saved in a weird way which would case this.

Hi,
I want to start off by saying this app looks very cool. This is my first foray into the smart home, so please be gentle with me. I have gone through this thread trying to see if it was something I could figure out. I read through LockManager/v1.1/guide.pdf and that was a very good install guide. This is my first Lock Manager app. I have a Kwikset 910 and I was able to install the app without issues.

The problem I am running into is when I am attempting to use lock manager to manage Users and/or codes. I can walk through the New Lock and New User setup and the items then show up under the Installed area. I also get the green message User is active an automating. The issue is once I click on Done from Lock Manager I get the message that lock manager is installed and automating. But then everything under the Installed section goes away, the next time I log into it, No users under Installed, No Locks under Locks. I can go into My Home / Things / and find the Front Door under smartApps I will see the Lock:FD code which was created, but under there it does not show any users either.

I have tested the locks and the users are there, because I used different codes. I was even able to burn through a user, which is super cool, but what I don’t get is how do I manage users once they are added.

Many thanks for the help

I don’t seem to have that option
kwikset 916

Howdy,

I have installed all the apps, and the DTH, via github. (as of today 5/21/17 @ 8:30pm EST). So I know they are all up to date and followed the PDF document exactly.

If I do into Automation->SmartApps->Lock Manager, I have my lock and users setup.

If I go into the Lock manager, and go to Lock: Backdoor It shows slot 1 and 2 filled with myself, and my wife, though it says controller failed to set user code.

I made sure override was set.

I had rroys “Lock Manager Lite” running prior, which I removed.

I made sure that Z-Wave Lock Reporting was set as the device type.

I am using a Schlage FE599NX

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083GJ17G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I searched though the tread and saw people with somewhat similar issues. I tried thier solutions, and still not having much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a schlage touchscreen lock and I know the codes are set to a default length of 4 digits on the lock. So if you are entering more than 4 digits in the lock manager app, it could be the reason it is failing to set on your lock. Check your user manual to see if that is the case with that series of locks and manually change the length on your locks then try the lock manager to set your codes. hope this helps.

@jkp - I was using 6 digit codes, which the lock did support (I was using them before I made the switch tonight.) I removed both users and added myself back with a 4 digit code, just to see. I didn’t get any errors back after a few minutes so I went to check the lock, and once I put in my code, it came back with the error tone. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I had a similar issue. The lock has to be set for either 4 digit or 6 digit codes. This is done on the lock and has nothing to do with the smart app or DTH. You CANNOT mix and match code lengths. All codes must be 4 digits or all codes must be 6. If the code length is set for 6 digits, you should be able to put in as many 6 digit codes as you want. I hope this helps!

Anyone use lock manager and zwave reporting DH for yale keyfree connected lock and have it successfully report bad pin attempts? I’ve set up the keypad and push notification for 2 bad pins but I never get anything.