[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Did you try the hello home settings for the individual user codes? If the global setting doesn’t work, hopefully atleast that will.

The app developer should fix that…

oo Maybe ST doesn’t allow that feature on the UK shard. Sorry =( . You’ll have to copy and paste all the code manually, even for updates.[quote=“Terminal, post:747, topic:63022”]
In lock manager I opened the menu for that user, Under the Locks sub menu it says entries and disabled. In fact it just counted up the entries I made testing to make sure the user did not have access. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Yeah sounds like a bug. I’ll work on that tonight! Thank you for letting me know.[quote=“rerklin, post:745, topic:63022”]

1. I cannot set a name for a new user
  2. My lock is showing on the main page of the app, but if I scroll down to Locks> tap to show it shows the Lock info as: Error: Can’t find lock!
    [/quote]

Huh, I’m perplexed. Can you tell me more about the errors? What platform are you on? If you go to the SmartThings IDE and click ‘logging’ while you have the app open and you try to preform one of these actions, the log might show an error that may be helpful to me.

Make sure you’re up-to-date with github too, there was a bug that I fixed over the weekend.[quote=“NickDAuria, post:746, topic:63022, full:true”]
Do the contact sensor’s associated to a lock provide any functions, like auto lock, yet?
[/quote]

Not yet, but that’s low hanging fruit I should pick off and work on shortly. I want to get rid of the need for my app on the market called ‘Lock it at a specific time’ among other things.

Thanks! It should be a fun ride. I hope that I’m meeting both markets well. The free market being the people who don’t make money off of me and the business market where I’m doing actual money-making work for them, it’s a balance, I think. I don’t want to feel taken advantage of.

y’all are hilarious.

5 Likes

Haha, I agree. Just thought that could be a stopgap until he gets around to it :wink:

Yes that worked!

I’m having some errors come up with the Lock Manager and wanted to check if anyone else is getting the same errors.

1. When I try to add a new user by tapping New User in Lock Manager I get to the step Setup Lock where you have three fields: Name for User, Code 4-8 digits, and “Select slot”, sometimes I have select a slot multiple times (3 times) before it takes. I will tap on the “Select slot” and tap on one of the radio buttons for one of the slots and it returns to the “Setup Lock” screen where “Select slot” is still the red “Tap to Set”.

2. I’m at the next step in Lock User and the only field to fill out is “Code 4-8 digits” which is filled out from the previous screen already. You have the toggle “User Enabled?” But I ALWAYS get the error message from the top “Please fill out all required fields.” or “There was a problem processing your request. Please try again.”. To get it to stop I have to tap on something like “Keypad Routines (optional)”, tap on the back button, and then tap on Done.

3. The setup finishes and goes back to Lock Manager’s main screen with all the different users. Everything looks fine and working until after about 5-10 minutes I’ll get a notification that the User has been disabled. I go into the User and it says "WARNING: This user has been disabled. Reason: Controller failed to set user code. " in the User you’ll see the options to “Disable lock for this user?” and “Reset Lock Reset lock data for this user

4. After I sit there and test the user until it works I try to change the code of the user and it never works. I will try the new code many times and it does not take. So the only option is for me to delete the user and create a new one which makes me go through the errors 1-3 again.

5. After I am satisfied for the time being because I don’t need to change the code or add/delete a new user I get ambitious and try to use the scheduling feature. I added a start time to a random user and got some errors after I finished - didn’t get to catch those errors. Now I have a permanent user that when I try to access it the User settings page is completely empty except for the red Remove button but before I tap the button or when I do tap the button I get an error that says “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation”

If anyone else has had these issues and figured out what I’m doing wrong please let me know. It seems like the app is generally working for people here so I’m wondering if it’s just mine. I’ve even reset the Hub, router, and phone many times to see if it was something to do with that.

Right now the app just feels like a house of cards so I get nervous using it at all especially when I’m away because I won’t be able to sit in front of the door to test if every code I enter works.

There’s also this issue I’m having with the lock itself that I feel like is attributed to the app because I don’t remember having this problem before I installed the new version. If I open the lock with a key code and it unlocks fine, I cannot lock it via the keypad again - either through the entire code or even just the Schlage button. I have to reset the lock but locking and unlocking it manually from the inside before I can lock the door from the outside.

Sometimes I’ve also found that the door is just completely unlocked for hours because the auto lock didn’t trigger - still not sure how it gets to this state.

I would LOVE to have this Web UI!

Sorry to ask again but I got no love on first try. Does anyone have a Yale YRD240 with automations happening upon user unlocks?

Yes I do. It has worked when I tested it.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that you were able to make things happen for specific users? I am not able to do that.
I can add and store users just fine with Lock Manager and their codes work. I can create “Hello Home” things to happen only in the lock, not in users and only On Manual Lock / Unlock. I tested by making a light go on but it only works on Manual Unlock. when I try that for a specific user - it’s no go. I want certain things to happen when the kids unlock the door but not when Mom unlocks the door.
Thanks in advance for helping.

I will have to try my other lock and see if it has the same issue. One of my locks is a Schlage and the other is a Kwickset. They use different device handlers so maybe that is it.

I must have been doing something wrong, because I tried disabling the user on my Kwickset and it worked as advertised so to make sure it was a Schlage issue I tried one more time on the Schlage. It worked this time on that lock as well. So I guess it was me, I haven’t updated the app that I can remember.

Is there anyway to have a notification sent when an incorrect pin is used?

1 Like

Erik,
Looks like the issues I was facing was from running the SmartThings app on Windows 10 Mobile. Using the Android app I don’t have any issues. Since the Windows app is being discontinued I don’t think there is any reason to troubleshoot this any further.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hi Erik,

After add user with new code, and later after removing the user, the code still working.
Any suggestion to how fix this problem? great app

Mahalo

Flamaui

I managed to find the areas in your zwave device handler to open up some additional functionality for my Kwikset SmartCode 916. I’m not familiar enough with GitHub to do any of this through there, but here is the full block of changes I’ve made starting at line 247. Perhaps someone else can benefit from this. I’ve also toyed with your “Lock” code to get it to recognize the “by command” events as well, but I’ll leave that for another discussion.

case 21:  // Manually locked
			map = [ name: "lock", value: "locked" ]
            map.data = [ usedCode: "manual" ]
            map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was locked manually"
            break
		case 18:  // Locked with keypad
            map.data = [ usedCode: cmd.alarmLevel ]
            map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was locked by keypad"
            break
		case 24:  // Locked by command (Kwikset 914)
            map.data = [ usedCode: -1 ]
            map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was locked by command"
            break
		case 27:  // Autolocked
			break
		case 16:  // Note: for levers this means it's unlocked, for non-motorized deadbolt, it's just unsecured and might not get unlocked
		case 19:
			map = [ name: "lock", value: "unlocked" ]
			if (cmd.alarmLevel) {
				map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was unlocked with code $cmd.alarmLevel"
				map.data = [ usedCode: cmd.alarmLevel ]
			}
			break
		case 22:
            map.data = [ usedCode: "manual" ]
            map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was unlocked manually"
            break
		case 25:  // Kwikset 914 unlocked by command
            map.data = [ usedCode: -1 ]
            map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName was unlocked by command"
			break

The switch statement matches the hex-to-decimal translation for the payload within the “rawDescription” that I was getting for each different unlock/lock event in the IDE for the Kwikset SmartCode 916. I’ve no prior experience in coding for SmartThings and/or Groovy, so hopefully this was an appropriate way to go about it.

• Manual Lock - payload: 00 71 05 15 01
  • Manual Unlock - payload: 00 71 05 16 01
  • Lock by Keypad - payload: 00 71 05 12 00
  • Unlock by Keypad - payload: 00 71 05 13 01
  • Lock by Command (SmartThings app) - payload: 00 71 05 18 01
  • Unlock by Command (SmartThings app) - payload: 00 71 05 19 01

Updating this allowed me to use the Notifications and Hello Home options for “Keypad Press To Lock” within the lock.

Thanks for your work on, Lock Manager. I’ve been enjoying it.

3 Likes

I just installed the lock manager on my Schlage lock (model be469) and am running into issue #3. The code accepts for awhile but then all the codes get disabled. Based on the log, the user code sets correctly, but then it continually retries (i think). Under the user info, it states Lock set failed try 13/10, then the user gets disabled.

In addition, notifications on autolock are not getting pushed.

Did you find a solution to #3?

Yes, I have this lock also. But I am not a developer and have not been successful at installing the app

I haven’t figured out any of the issues yet. For the time being, I set all of my codes a few days before they are used in case an error comes up and then I test them one by one manually. I’m hoping @ethayer can help out because I’m not familiar enough with SmartThings, Schlage, the device handlers, and the app to know how to isolate the problems I’m facing.

i was able to get my codes to stay by doing the following.

1. cleared all codes via the physical lock
  2. set all user codes via the app with the overwrite option on
  3. once the codes are all set, i turned off the overwrite option. you can check the codes via the lock info. make sure all the “pending refresh” statuses are gone.

turning off the overwrite seemed to stop all the retries for the user codes which is what caused the codes to automatically delete. i’m still debugging it to see if i can figure out a better solution.