[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Did you have time to update it yet?

Sure, update your app try it out.

How do you intergrate with the Iris keypad?? Primarily, which device handler do you use on the keypad? And which child smart apps do you install? I want to setup a delay to run SHM with this keypad.

Thanks

Use the DTH from here for the keypad and install LockManger as per normal. You can use the install guide thatā€™s linked in the Post topic here.

Add your keypad as a keypad within the LockManager app and setup your pin codes as users.

Itā€™s pretty straight forward from there.

1 Like

It still is not loading the codes.

From the Lock I get:

12:12:42 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property ā€˜codeā€™ on null object @ line 354
12:12:42 PM: debug Recieved: [lastbatt:1493318942229, assoc:1, fw:33.32, init:true, codes:250, code30:, pollCode:1, lastPoll:1493395255443, MSR:0129-0002-0000]
12:12:42 PM: debug Lock has 250 code slots.

From Lock Manager I get:
12:13:55 PM: debug there are 1 lock users
12:13:55 PM: debug Updated with settings: [overwriteMode:false, enableDebug:true]

Is it a problem in the Device handler? I am using ethayer : Z-Wave Lock Reporting

No the problem is an uninitiated slot. Pushed another update, try it again if you would.

It looks good now!

I see all the slots, they are all empty though even though I have local pins in the lock. Is this normal? I read through the doc and this thread but I am still confused about the overwrite setting. Can you explain this a little more on how it works because I am worried its going to wipe out the saved pins and lock me you of the house :confounded:

Thanks again!

Either turn that setting off or create users in LockManager for those pins (recommended).

Is it possible to also use my speakers to say exit in 45 seconds, 30 seconds, etcā€¦ using core or something. Thanks

Thatā€™s outside of the scope of this app. Iā€™d ask the peoples in CoRE.

If you set an arm delay, the app will request that the keypad beep for the duration of the delay until the arm command is triggered.

EDIT:
Any integration with CoRE to trigger something like Sonos(or other speakers) to play a countdown file will likely be out-of-sync with the actual arm delay because of the amount of processing hops this action would need across servicesā€¦ So I wouldnā€™t count on it working very well.

1 Like

##Lock Manager Web Service Announcement

OK! So I wasnā€™t sure if Iā€™d do this but it seems like the gears are in motion and everything I need to make it workā€¦ is working.

I am developing a web UI for lock manager that will give some extra functionality for B&B and Hotel owners.

This will include the option to have users on a single lock not take up slots across the platform, and will also help manage users across multiple installs/locations, improved scheduling UX.

This effort represents a lot of my time, as such it will not be free for businesses, but will be (mostly) free for home usersā€¦ hereā€™s the way I think it will work:

Free: No Logs
Up to 5 locks and 30 Members UNLESS deployed in a business environmentā€¦ Business users must be in the paid categories.

Tier 1 (Value): $2 / Month
Business/Home Environments with up to 15 locks and 100 Members.

Tier 2 (Small-Med B&B): $10 / Month
Business with up to 100 Locks and 500 Members.

Tier 3 (Large B&B): $20 / Month
Business with 100+ Locks and/or 500+ members

ST app will remain free for unlimited users/installs ect. and wonā€™t change. Logging statistics and graphs will be disabled on the free tier app unless I can get enough cashflow to pay for my server. Tiers are up in the air, and subject to change. Basically I would want enough to run the server and buy a beer or something.

Iā€™m currently in the infant proof of concept stages of development, so I wanted to just put this idea out there and see if anyone is interested.

9 Likes

Hello, I installed your app using your guide and everything went through fine until the end. I notice two things:

1. I cannot set a name for a new user
  2. My lock is showing on the main page of the app, but if I scroll down to Locks> tap to show it shows the Lock info as: Error: Canā€™t find lock!

Any suggestions?

Ryan

Do the contact sensorā€™s associated to a lock provide any functions, like auto lock, yet?

I have just installed your lock app and it seems to work well except for one thing and maybe I am missing something. I currently have 2 locks installed and three users. I disable one user from one of the locks but the code for that user still unlocks the lock.

In lock manager I opened the menu for that user, Under the Locks sub menu it says entries and disabled. In fact it just counted up the entries I made testing to make sure the user did not have access. Any suggestions?

Yes, but when I login using this link, the Github development button wonā€™t showā€¦ any idea why?

Congratulations Erik

@JDRoberts is going to be disappointed :wink:

1 Like

Not at all, for two reasons. :sunglasses:

First, I donā€™t object at all to developers seeking compensation for their work. For example, Iā€™ve often recommended smartrules and sharptools, both of which are paid apps. I just think people should be told at the time the link is presented if a license fee is required.

Second, you left out:

Free: No Logs
Up to 5 locks and 30 Members UNLESS deployed in a business environmentā€¦ Business users must be in the paid categories.

That should cover most residential uses, so Erikā€™s is still a free smartapp for most people in these forums. :wink:

Choice is good.

6 Likes

With you a 100% JD, youā€™re the community Rock! I know you support developers efforts, both free and paid.

Choices are great and there should be nothing against folks trying to making a living out of their hard work.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve installed the app and have a few users running but for some reason the codes donā€™t seem to be disarming SHM. perhaps ive missed a setting? I have a routine that disarms selected in keypad routines.

Thanks for the update. It fixed my problem with NullPointerException too. I had played with the code and found that I could fix my problem if, in lockCodeSlots(), I set codeSlots to 100 (the number of slots in my lock) instead of 30, but your update is obviously more general and elegant. In perusing the code for Lock and Z-Wave Lock Reporting, I also changed ā€œRecievedā€ to ā€œReceivedā€ in a few debugging lines.

Iā€™ve played around with both codes to give me more detail in the logs and in the notifications for how the lock was unlocked or locked. For example, in my lock, the Master code is not in one of the user slots. It cannot be set except at the lock itself. But when it is used to unlock the lock, the event is the usual code used event but the code ID is 0. I modified code to let me know the Master code was used; the existing code would incorrectly report that it was unlocked manually. I also wanted to know if a manual locking was due to a physical turn, or, as is possible in my lock, by touching the keypad. I also made explicit the cause of some of the other event codes that in the existing code are not specified, like Auto-lock. Itā€™s been fun mucking around, but you have have certainly done a wonderful job.

1 Like