[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

uk hub shud use url I guess
https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/login/auth

1 Like

Thanks @ethayer! The app works great and the instructions were some of the best Iā€™ve seen. Donation sent!

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. Iā€™m not certain why youā€™re getting this error, other that that your lock didnā€™t get initialized correctly.

I removed that line of code, as it wasnā€™t needed in that location.

Some locks wonā€™ report already programmed codes for security reasons. Itā€™s best in those cases to program those codes into new users in Lock Manager. If you need a slot deleted, create a new user in that slot and then delete that user after itā€™s code is added in the lock.

You probably canā€™t set new codes because the app doesnā€™t start setting codes until the lock has been correctly initialized. Iā€™d remove the lock from the app and try adding it again. Itā€™s hard to know whatā€™s going on.

Thank you! I appreciate it! Iā€™m glad the app is helping you out.

1 Like

I tried setting some six digit door codes, but it seems like the lock wonā€™t recognize them. My four digit codes are working fine. Any thoughts?

Something else strange has happened. I can no longer lock my lock by pressing the Schlage logo. It also beeps whenever I open or close the door. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ve enabled the alarm feature somehow. When I look at the device in the ST app this is what I see.

Any thoughts?

Click the lock & leave tile until it says enabled.

Your Schlage lock requires all users have the same pin length in all slots. IF you want to set the lock to 6 digits, read the manual for that process. In doing to, the lock will delete all pins and Lock Manager will re-program them in, however then all 4 digit pins will become invalid and youā€™ll have to add 2 more digits to those.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me over the weekend.

The beeping on open/close is ā€œalertā€ mode on the alarm. I could not get it to turn back off via the driver. I had to use the alarm button on the lock to turn it off. You just have to hold it till it flashes a second time (5 sec or so)

1 Like

My wonā€™t do anything via the device handler either. Thanks for the tip! The beeping is driving the dog crazy. Are you able to lock the deadbolt by pressing the Schlage logo? Iā€™ve tried enabling / disabling the lock and leave feature, but nothing seems to fix it. When I first installed the lock, pressing the Schlage button would lock it.

Got it! I guess patience is a virtue. I enabled lock and leave, waiting about 10 minutes and then it started working. I was able to get the alarm shut manually, so all is good. Thanks again everyone!

I used the updated Lock app with the removed line of code, but the error I get is exactly the same. I wonder if this is due to the fact that slot 1 on this lock is special. It is where the master code is stored. When using the old User Lock Manager, it could never write a code into slot 1 although it could write into any other slot. Also, when the master code is used to unlock the lock, apparently the code used is not reported to SmartThings, so the message from the app comes out as Lock unlocked manually.

Iā€™ll try to do some investigating as to why User Lock Manager can get the codes from the lock but Lock Manager cannot.

So, Iā€™m confused with the Kwikset 916. Mine constantly reports the battery level is 100%. Iā€™ve had one lock installed for a couple months and another installed for about 1 week. Is this what everyone else is experiencing?

Iā€™ve used the legacy DTH from the ā€œUser Lock Managerā€ that @ethayer made, Iā€™ve used the one included in the ā€œLock Managerā€ github repo, and Iā€™ve used the SmartThings ā€œZ-wave Lockā€. Iā€™ve swapped them by going into the device in the IDE, selecting a different type for the device, and pressing the ā€œUpdateā€ button. Is there a ā€œrefreshā€ process or something that needs to be performed for the SmartThings app to start giving me info based on a new DTH I selected?

Another thing, according to some Kwikset documentation, the 916 (and 914) has an event notification indicating it was locked via keypad: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/BDHHI/Kwikset/Tech-Docs/HomeConnect/916-data-z-wave.pdf (I found that doc from this page: http://www.kwikset.com/electronics/homeowners/technicaldocuments.aspx#smartcode-916)

When I monitor the Live Logging in the IDE, the readable text for locking the door from the keypad or the turnpiece is the same, BUT they have different associated ā€œpayloadsā€. Iā€™m not familiar with how DTHā€™s work, but would different payloads signify different locking methods? Let me know if this would be useful info and Iā€™ll reply with it. Iā€™m hoping the DTH can be updated to recognize whether it was locked via turnpiece or keypad.

@ethayer

Erik, created a new code today for a visiting family member and it wonā€™t work. All existing codes for my family work fine, created months ago. Schlage 469 Camelot.

Any suggestions? I changed the code to see if that would help, neither version of the code works. All are five digit codes.

I have had the SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt integrated to SmartThings (both V1 and V2) for over 2 years. It has performed as expected using @ethayerā€™s Lock Manager (both V1 and V2) and his custom DTH which only has minimal code changes from the ST standard DTH.

The lock reports itā€™s battery level accurately, although at very long random intervals and not for at least 24 hours after new batteries are inserted. When the battery level is reported less than 25%, I have noticed that the lock also flashes a low battery LED on the lock as well. I usually replace the batteries when I notice that the lock is flashing a ā€˜low batteryā€™ condition just to be proactive.

I have noticed that the lock will not report/update the battery level even if one requests a ā€˜refreshā€™ from the DTH.

As your lockā€™s battery level changes, will it update to any value? For example, 98%, 47%, 22%, etcā€¦

Or does it only update in fixed intervals? 100%, 75%, 50%, etcā€¦

Oh snap!

I just tested my own 469 just to make sure it wasnā€™t just you.

Is your lock pretty close to the hub? My GUESS, since it worked in the past is that your batteries are getting weaker, and so is the signal. Try some fresh batteries and see if it starts accepting codes again. Also, since users will be disabled after the attempts are made, make sure you reset the user after you try another codeā€¦

To Reset:
Go to the user settings page.
Scroll down to ā€˜locksā€™ and find the lock or locks that have been set to disabled. This is usually pretty easy to spot by the red circle. Click into the lock settings in the user page and then click reset.

If you didnā€™t reset that user after your first attempt but the second code was still good, then the second code might not even had a chance to be programmed in.

Try that first, and then try with fresh batteries.

If it works with fresh batteries, consider putting up a powered zwave device somewhere between the hub and the lock to boost the signal for your lock. I put a Z-Wave switch in my kitchen for my back door and it helped tremendouslyā€¦ plus now the light can be automated so win/win. With a stronger zwave network, the batteries in your lock will continue to work longer.

I really appreciate this smart app, its existence is what pushed me over the edge to buy a smart lock. I ended up getting a Schlage, so Iā€™m using garyd9ā€™s DTH. Early on, I had an issue where it wouldnā€™t unlock from the app reliably. I went into the DTH, and noticed that the main control type was set to lighting:

line 104: multiAttributeTile(name:ā€œtoggleā€, type: ā€œlightingā€, width: 6, height: 4){

I thought this was weird, so I set it to generic. That seemed to fix it. I then checked the lock reporting DTH and saw that it is set to generic, so I felt solid about keeping the change. So if anyone is having issues with their Schlage lock, you might want to try editing that line in the DTH. Not sure if that has many downstream effects. Does anyone know why that would be set to lighting?

1 Like

Thank you, I made the change in my repository, so anyone who has garyā€™s DTH initialized from my github can update it with this change.

Thanks, Erik.

Info on my setup:

• Lock several months old
  • I have two Zwave GE switches (12722/24) within 10ā€™ of the lock)

I didnā€™t have any notification for the new user that their account had been disabled in the app for that user.

I did try resetting lock data, and deleting the user and adding them back again, still doesnā€™t work. All the original codes I set up some time ago for myself, wife, and son, are still working. Havenā€™t touched them as I donā€™t want to mess them up.

This is what Iā€™m using for DTH:

garyd9 : Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock ethayer/lock-manager (master)

And SmartApps:

ethayer : Keypad ethayer/lock-manager (master)
ethayer : Lock Manager ethayer/lock-manager (master)
ethayer : Lock User ethayer/lock-manager (master)

I can try battery change, have to find some. But the lock is still pretty new, and is 10ā€™ away from two zwave switches, so it seems odd that itā€™s burning itself out so soon.

Thanks.

I have never really followed it to determine if it is fixed or random, My guess is that the battery levels are random and at random intervals. For example my Kwikset 916 lock is reporting 80% battery level, but it does show how long it has been since the lock reported that level.

Hey. Just installed this successfully on my way schlage connect lock. How long does it take for lock manager to show stats on the locks? Or the ā€œitemā€ to show stats and not ā€œloadingā€ under ā€œthingsā€. Waited around 15 minutes or so and also tried the workaround suggested of clicking ā€œdoneā€ and waiting but still no information. Wondering, thank you