[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Finally got around to doing the upgrade. Got to say, nice upgrade!

Also got the updated Schlage DTH as well, not sure what all the options there do.

Only if you have that userā€™s notifications turned on for user entry.

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know.

Iā€™ll look into this myself on the ST Device handler. Iā€™m hopefully getting a Yale soon for testing so I hope I can make the patch independently.

ā€˜Lock and Leaveā€™ turns on the single press lock on Schlage logo press. If itā€™s off, you have to enter a user code to lock the door.

The different alarm settings and sensitivity bar have to do with the tamper functions on the lock and when the internal alarm will trigger if some action is taken against the lock.

Iā€™m not the author of the DTH, that was garyd9 who is no longer part of the ST community due to ST not delivering on some promises.

2 Likes

What about ā€œAuto-Lockā€?

Yea, I was using the GaryD drivers before I did the upgrade today. Same we lost such a great resource.

I donno. AHA! Like I said I didnā€™t write the DH. I THINK Itā€™s a setting so that the lock automatically locks after a delay. This function is handled by the lock itself so it would auto-lock even if your network was down.

Does anyone have a Yale YRD240 with automations happening upon user unlocks?

Iā€™m having an issue with the global and/or user setting for Disarm when user enters pin. The pin works and I have selected my disarm automation routine but it does not disarm. The lock unlocks fine. I am using a z-wave schlage touchscreen. Thanks!

Ok I was able to install the device handlers and then I went and changed my lock to Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock under my devices and I can unlock and lock it through the SmartThings app but when I go into the lock-manager under the setup options it just says the Lock is loading data and doesnā€™t do anything. I am using a Schlage BE469 lock. Let me know.

Hi Erik, thank you for your prompt response, much appreciated.

I will look at the issue you mentioned and read up a little bit more on the context. I appreciate the concern that you describe and I share similar concerns myself. The oauth mechanism does seem however to be a workable and appropriate route to address the security issues. I played around a little bit with the SmartTiles app to get a sense for how SmartThings ā€œfeltā€ using an external interface to control it and found that it was fairly straightforward to control access using oauth tokens.

Our main concern now is to find out how to more efficiently bulk update many locks which are located on many separate hubs. I was on the phone with Kwikset a couple of days ago and they told me that running many hubs is better in terms of network robustness than running a single hub which would rely on a bunch of repeaters. This means that we have to manually update many smart apps when users rotate. In our environment rotations happen fairly frequently so I am on the hunt for some kind of automated solution so that I can continue to use your fantastic smart app.

Thanks again for your help and all of the hard work youā€™ve done on this great software.

Best,
Josh

@sean10780

Thats the same lock I have.
And it just works for me.
Are you sure your using the right DTH.
It should look like this.

Iā€™ve had more time to play with this app and it really is great.

There are two things missing that would really be killer additions.

1. Notification if a legitimate code is attempted outside of permitted scheduled times or mode(s)
  2. Ability to restrict a code to more than one mode at a time. Right now you can only pick one mode.

Thanks for any consideration!

Which DTH are you using? I tried both garyd9 : Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock and ethayer : Z-Wave Lock Reporting and does the DTH need to be published in the app?

Both are stuck at lock is loading.

Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock
this is the one you get from ā€œGethubā€ Repo ā€” lock-manager (master)

have you read this?

Yep I have read the UserGuide and it helped me setup everything except for the user information.

Go into the lock settings page within Lock Manager and click done. This should re-initialize your lock.

If that doesnā€™t work, if you change the device type AFTER installing the Lock within Lock Manger, I suggest uninstalling the Lock Child-App and then re-installing it.

Hi Erik,

I deleted the entire lock manager app and the child apps and everything else including the device handlers. I reinstalled the app and the child app and set the device handler to Z-wave touch screen lock. I then went to the marketplace and setup the lock in lockmanager. I went back to smartapps and then back to lockmanager and my lock is gone. If I go to my devices and then the lock, I see lock manager listed there but I canā€™t load data from the lock, it just says lock is loading data when I do a refresh. Weird. Not sure what is going on.

You donā€™t access the app from the marketplace, make sure you are accessing the app from the automations tab.

This is a common misconception that the marketplace is where you access your appsā€¦ I have to update the guide to help mitigate this issue.

Above all, make sure you only have a single instance of the app installed at a time. Having multiple installs will cause conflicts.

No, not getting any unlocks to increment the number of ā€œentriesā€ and not getting notifications.

For those of you having issues with getting a routine to run try entering the routine for each user vs. only globally. That worked for me.

What Iā€™m trying to figure out is how to run the ā€œIā€™m backā€ routine whenever the code is entered correctly (which now works per above), but also run the ā€œGoodbyeā€ when the door is locked BUT only when there are NO arrival sensors. If anyone has advice here Iā€™d appreciate it.

I see the options for ā€œDO NOT run Actions if any of these are presentā€ & ONLY run Actions if any of these are present, but it doesnā€™t appear there is a way to associate those rules with more than one routine. i.e. both ā€œIā€™m backā€ and ā€œGoodbye.ā€ Am I missing the obvious?

Thanks!

Does this work with the UK v2 Hub version? Cuz when I login to the IDE, it only directs me to the US versionā€¦

I have a YRD120 Touchscreen Deadbolt T1L with Z-Wave, Model# YRD120-ZW-605. I installed Lock Manager and the child apps per the guide. When I add my lock to the app, I never get the codes that are already in the lock. The IDE logging shows only this:

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ā€˜codeā€™ on null object @ line 345

I can set up Users and get notifications that tell me when a particular User opens the lock, so the code used to open the lock is transmitted to the app. But I cannot set a code for a user. This used to work with the old User Lock Manager.