[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I do not see the DTH listed in Github repository. I have installed all 4 apps and when I go back to the repository, I do not see the DTH listed.

Are you changing to the ā€˜My Device Handlersā€™ page first?

1 Like

Is there any way to eliminate the ā€œLock:{Lock Name}ā€ that occurs once/twice per minute in the ā€˜Recentlyā€™ tab (recent activity) for each lock?

I like to look here to check on recent history but these every minute updates bury the desired information in a pile of uselessness.

Had previously used User Lock Manager and was hoping that Lock Manager would resolve.

BTW - I assume that User Lock Manager is no longer supported and has been replaced by Lock Manager? I was using User Lock Manager with no real issues until the most recent ST update when Notifications and Lock Phrases seemed to stop working.

I am using a Schlage keypad lock with the GaryD device handler

Iā€™m wondering if the events always return user code 99 for all users who unlock. I was expecting to know who unlocked the door.

Hi, do you know why canā€™t the added users not reflected on my smartapps lock manager after adding? Iā€™m using the Device Handler from garyd9 : Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock since my lock is Schlage Touchscreen. Smartapps is the latest from ethayer : Lock Manager.

Update: I found it alreadyā€¦ You need to go to your automation and you can fine the Lock Manager with the users you have added.
Tried the code on my Schlage lock and itā€™s working now.
The only thing I noticed was the notification did not log the name, but only the code slot numberā€¦

I removed and re-installed the lock manager but I still canā€™t get it to send the right user. It always says code 99. This is a Yale lock. I also noticed that the notifications are not working either. Let me know if I need to provide more information

I donā€™t have an answer for this. I emailed Yale Support two weeks ago and they havenā€™t emailed me anything back. Iā€™m not a customer of Yale, but it seems to be poor customer service to not get back to people trying to support their customers. Maybe youā€™d have better luck than I did.

Having said that, I donā€™t own a Yale210 to test on, so itā€™s unlikely for me to come up with a solution. The problem is either with the SmartThings device type handler or with the lock itself. Without the lock, thereā€™s no way for me to know.

This is normal. The devicetype doesnā€™t know about users, so the logs from the device itself will only show slot numbers. Logs for access is a planned featureā€¦ sometime in the future. =)

Thatā€™s not supposed to happen. Sounds like something went awry. Iā€™d remove that lock install in the Lock Manager app. Make sure youā€™re up to date with the current repository and then install the lock again in the Lock Manager app.

Can I offer up some logs or anything that might help? Iā€™m also happy to call Yale support if you can guide me.

Darl Crick
iHomeCtrl
1 (888) 302-2327 Ext 5
http://ihomectrl.com/
http://shop.ihomecrtl.com/

I am new the the forums and having trouble getting this to work the way I need.
I have a Yale YRD240 and cannot get any automations to happen on user unlock. I can get things to happen if I set things to happen in the lock itself. Been trying all kinds of things on user input without success so I need some help now. Thanks
dc

@ethayer thanks for the reply. Just took another look and it seems that it stopped these generic messages after a few hours. Is now reporting only pertinent information. Guess I just needed a little patience (as is often the case when it comes to Smart Things).

Would like to note that, with my setup, these once/twice per minute messages were typical using your earlier ā€˜User Lock Managerā€™ application.

Thanks again!

Iā€™ve got the logs from the Yale210 and thereā€™s not much I can do with them. I honestly just think itā€™s an issue with the 210ā€™s firmware, but thereā€™s no way for me to tell.

@RBoy, do you have any experience with the Code99 issue on Yale210ā€™s?

Do you get usage increments or notifications for user unlock events? (if you have notifications turned on)

Great! It shouldnā€™t do this unless you clicked the refresh link in the lock page. This will cause the app to query each slot on your lock to get the codes, which is normally not needed as the device handler hands this info to the app (in most cases). This will generate a lot of messages because each time a request is sent is a message, and each time itā€™s received is another message. Thereā€™s no way to do the process silently, but luckily it should only ever be a one time thingā€¦ or never if the device handler has the right info. Either way, Iā€™m glad things have quieted down for you.

From DonaldCalabrese -
(got two other peopleā€™s messages in the reply so I wanted you to know who
this came from)

Some background if it helps.
I did have about eight manual codes in the lock before I started with Lock
Manager.
I have put more that eight in with lock manager.
Unlocking codes do work at the lock.

To answer your question, No, not getting any unlocks to increment the
number of ā€œentriesā€ and not getting notifications.
Under me - User: Don
Send Notifications to says "you canā€™t currently add this"
Under that there is "Ask Alexa"
Under that there is ā€œText This Phone Numberā€ but I tried that and no go.
Hope that helps and thanks for the help ā€¦
dc

UPDATE: Yale just got back to me and are trying to pin down out the issue with the 210.

Hey Erik!

Thank you so much for this incredibly amazing suite of apps! I donā€™t want to distract from the current discussion but wanted to ping the thread to see if there was anyone else interested in a REST connector to update lock codes via an external interface? Please donā€™t worry about responding straight away if you are busy with higher priority stuff :slight_smile:

Hope all is well and again thank you! Weā€™re really appreciating the time and effort saved by using your fantastic SmartApp(s).

Kind regards,
Josh

I just recently purchased a Kwikset 916 ZWave and installed the LockManager SmartApp. It took a little time, but everything seemed to be up and working correctly.

Then I noticed a problem with users and codes. I added three users via that app with keycodes. The first one was for myself in Slot 0, then two others in Slot 1 and 2 respectively. I tested the codes out and they worked. However, as soon as I closed and reopened the app, the users all disappeared. My code still worked on the lock, even though my user account had disappeared. The other user codes no longer worked however. I tried adding the same users several more times, but go the same result. Every time I closed the app and went back in, the users disappeared. Any thoughts?

Hereā€™s an excerpt from the GitHub issue tracker about this kind of feature:

This opens up pandoraā€™s box. One of the prime directives of this app is to have this run solely on the SmartThings platform, so that the security of the app is in the hands of SmartThings/Samsung. Opening up an API service for the app to handle third party actions, while a good feature request, opens up a gate for vulnerability outside of the SmartThings ecosystem. Perhaps this could be done using an optional oAuth system and a separate appā€¦ but this is a tred-lightly topic as I have been happily running all logic and actions on the SmartThings platform as a rule.

That being said, I am a webapp developer. This kind of thing isnā€™t completely off the table.

Youā€™re probably trying to access the app from the marketplace, which is just installing more and more instances of the app to your platform. You should be accessing the app via the automation tab under ā€˜SmartAppsā€™ You only go to the marketplace to install things.

Make sure you only have one installed instance of the app.

I have the 910 so it may be a different issue, but if I tried to use the app to set user 0 it created all kinds of problems for me. If I only use 1 and above it solved all my problems. Itā€™s been quite awhile but if I remember correctly, slot 0 is a master code for manual programming. That may have been the issue.

if you set a user to burn will you get a notification theyā€™ve used up their allocated number of uses?

Yes, itā€™s an issue/quirk with the locks, actually multiple issues across different locks models. Thereā€™s also the 254 issues with some locks apart from the 99 issue. Weā€™ve patched them all up with the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DH.

But Iā€™m not sure if that DH has been tested with this new app Erik.

1 Like