[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Okay so I factory reset the damn lock like 3 times and it is finally working. No idea what was happening…

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello I installed the Lock Manager on my account & then added a family member to the smartthings hub & they went into their account & tried to add a New Lock, New User or New Keypad it just brings up the loading circle & then disappears and never pushes the page on the lock manager to add anything.

When I’m on my account I can add things just my other family members can’t. Is there a permission problem somewhere that I need to give my other family members permission to add codes? Thanks!

I’m thinking that after reading the docs the parent-child relationships are limited to only the person that installed the app. I just got the smartthings hub so I’m brand new to this & I have looked at your code & on the other family accounts the landingPage function or def in Lock User is only getting called on the owner of the parent Lock Manager app so that would mean that the parent-child is very limited in the scope of user permissions.

Erik,
Thanks for all your work on Lock Manager, this app is great!
I’m brand new to the scene, my smart door lock is my first smart home device. I had no issues installing (your walk-through made it simple) the correct device handler (I have a Schlage Connect w/ Camelot trim and therefore chose the zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock), nor did I have any issues installing the SmartApp.

My issue: I would go into the app on my Samsung phone, create a user, and assign a PIN. The app would indicate success, however, when I went to my door, the new user/code I just created, never worked, even after waiting over an hour.

My fix: From reading the logs while creating a user and pin I found a null value is being passed to isNumber. The function isNumber can’t handle a null value. Within the child app ‘Lock’ @ line 332, I first had the conditional check if ‘Code’ is not null, then verify it is numeric.
if (code != null) {
if (code.isNumber()){
// do nothing, looks good!
}

The specific error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isNumber() on null object @ line 332

1 Like

I’m getting an error related to scheduled codes.

This error pops up in the live log when I try to add a schedule:

e7c5575f-845b-4219-9bc0-e1defe83f00e 12:21:37 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14908142983751083322239.yyyy-MM-dd() is applicable for argument types: (null) values: [null] @ line 526

Once I add the schedule it corrupts the user and I can no longer go in and edit it in the SmartApp. Clicking on the user gives a “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation.” error in the SmartThings App.

1 Like

Does anyone have Keypad Routines working? Mine aren’t executing and I am trying to determine if it is my configuration, a smartthings issue, or a lock manager issue.

I have a a Global Keypad Disarm routine set to run but it never executes. I would really like to get this working but I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting.

I just installed today with a Schlage lock with handle z-wave… I was able to follow the guide and install the smart app…

I’m having a problem with the smart app in that it will not allow me to add user codes. It worked once and when I clicked the button to add additional users, nothing happened. I removed the smart app and re-added and this time I’m unable to add any users. I can add the users at the lock manually, but would prefer to use the app…

Any ideas on what is happening or how to debug?

I had this same issue, also with a brand new Schlage Connect lock.

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isNumber() on null object @ line 332

Looks like we both arrived at the same fix. :slight_smile: I submitted a pull request for it.

1 Like

I have a Iris 3405-L Keypad and a yale yard246 lock. I’ve installed the z wave reporting DTH and not getting lock codes from the lock. I did install the z wave reporting after initiating the pull of data from the lock. question is the lock supported and did screw up by initiating the pull before the driver was installed. I tried rebooting the hub but the app still is displaying the message “lock is loading data” HELP!! :>

Thank you for writing. Yes, if you didn’t have the device driver installed when setting up the app, it will cause this issue. To fix this, go into the lock settings page in lock manager and click ‘done’ with the custom driver installed. This should clear it up for you.

I’ll check this out when Im home. I thought that I tested all routine setups to work as expected, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m wrong. What keypad are you using?

Wow that’s not good at all. Can anyone from ST chime in? Maybe if you published all of the apps it would work in this capacity? Perhaps only unpublished children apps aren’t accessible between accounts.

I have two Kwikset 916’s & a 910.

I see. Those are not keypads per say. They’re considered locks, though they do have keypads.

The keypad functions are specific to stand alone keypads which don’t have locking functions.

There are other ways to activate hello home actions with locks though, such as in the global pages and in individual user pages.

Oh I see. Is there a way to distinguish between a manual lock/unlock and a
lock/unlock from the keypad by entering a code?

Plus 1 for not updating codes on Kwikset 916.
Stuck with message:
"App is learning codes. They will appear here when received.
Lock may require a special DTH to work properly"
Installed lock manager tonight, using “Zwave” and not the Schlage DTH
I DID NOT install the “keypad.src” as it seemed to be not necessary for Android (did I read that right?)
What next?
Factory reset of lock?
Install “Z-Wave Lock Reporting” DTH from the legacy-code branch?
Go back and install the “keypad.src” onto my Android device (Nexus 5x with Android 7.1.1)?
BTW: thanks for all of your work!!

After I have created locks, keypads, and users, things seem to work alright. However, when I leave the App and go back to another screen inside SmartThings and then go back into Lock Manager, those locks/keypads/users are no longer listed there. So I have no way to go back and edit the user code or change any settings. I have to add a “New Lock” and start over from scratch again. Am I missing something?

I have a Kwikset 916 which I was able to successfully lock and unlock using the codes created from this app, however, they seem to disappear after I leave the app. Tempted to go back to the older ‘User Lock Manager’ as it seemed more stable despite a few less features.

I republished everything. I now see the slots for each user on the screen, but they are still stuck updating…

Don’t attempt to access the app from the Marketplace. The marketplace is where you install things. You access the apps that you have installed in the automation tab.

Make sure you only have one instance of the app installed. If you have two installed you will have a bad time.

Yes, but only on some locks. I have the 910 but I don’t have the 916… I know the 910 doesn’t have any distinction between the two but I don’t know about the 916. There are different options available if the lock supports it inside of the lock settings page.

I just installed a second lock (Schlage Touchscreen). The codes on for one user stopped working on the first lock, so I did a ‘refresh’, and it’s been stalled/stuck in refresh for several hours now. What is the best way to remedy this? The second lock is working perfectly with all codes. The first lock still works with User2 but not User1. If I go to the lock in Lock Manager it says “App is in refresh mode.” and I can’t do anything, not even delete it.

Advice?