[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Yeah I’m a bit confused. That is the very purpose of this app.

If It’s not working, we should figure out why and make it work.

I’m traveling so I can’t test things with my physical locks but I’ll see if I can’t spot an issue running through with just the event code posted here.

My kiwikset 910 and Schlage BE469 report usage well.

1 Like

Are you using an android phone? What setup screen specifically do you see this on? The one where you select a keypad or the next one?

If it’s the one after the keypad, open up the “setup” section and ensure that a name for the app is in the label section.

It’s working really well on my iPhone but I know mileage changes for Andriods.

I have the Kwikset 916 Z-Wave SmartCode Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt. The Z-Wave lock is located approximately 15’ from the ST V2 hub and it is working as expected with the latest version of @ethayer Lock Manager with his modified DTH. The lock reports all 7 users, and notifies me of either a user’s code use or a manual locking/unlocking of the lock.

I can ‘Lock’ and ‘Unlock’ the 916 with Amazon Alexa via ‘Ask Alexa’ SmartThings, and/or a virtual switch/CoRE.

1 Like

Can you post or PM me an unlock event when you use one of your codes to unlock your Yale?

Hi Erik. The issue/message “Please fill out all required fields” happens on the second screen “mainPage()”
I remember about this issue on Android and after some troubleshooting I’ve found that the issue is on the “label” line. For Android the “Required” field has to be “false”. Updating the following line works now on Android:

label title: ‘Label’, defaultValue: “Keypad: ${keypad.label}”, required: false, description: ‘recommended to start with Keypad:’

Question: Why are you allowing Multiple selection for the Routines? Does this work if you select 2 routines? Sorry, I’ve never tried this before :blush:

Thanks, I’ll make the change.

Yeah multiple routines can run… so if you want to have things be separate like… ‘Turn on Light’ and ‘Turn off SHM’ you can do that instead of having to make another routine ‘Turn on light and turn off SHM’

Rudi, that did it for me (also running Android). Thanks

So, I still have the old User Lock Manager and I started looking at this as an update. What I don’t see in this new app is the presence options where you could control things that happen when someone was present. Am I just being blind and not seeing it?

That’s not in yet, but it’s close to first on my list. I’ve been just trying to get things stable. This isn’t an update so much as it’s a new app, so as not to be beholden by the old feature-set, but I’m going to get the old features in too.

1 Like

As an aside, I’d say a virtual toggle with a CoRE piston would probably be way more powerful than the old presence checks.

I am showing the same “code 99”

having this same issue with my yale lock, I’ve tried using the ST device handler but I am only returned with “code 99” I have programmed the app to match the codes I have programmed into the lock because it only sends codes to the lock about 30% of the time. I had a big issue with a reset of my lock and ended up having to program the codes on the lock itself if I wanted to use my front door.

Unless you have a ZigBee lock (which I doubt based on the error message), I’d use the Z-Wave Lock Reporting DTH stored in ethayer’s repo. If the lock is only reporting and changing codes 30% of the time, I’m guessing there is a mesh issue. I’d make sure you have a repeater close and complete a Z-Wave repair. Another thing I have seen with Yale locks is the included batteries sometimes make the lock behave poorly. I’ve had much better luck with higher quality batteries.

thats the one I’ve currently been on as it turns out…

2017-03-25 6:35:38.826 PM PDT
moments ago DEVICE lock locked Front Door was manually locked
2017-03-25 6:35:32.315 PM PDT
moments ago DEVICE lock unlocked Front Door was unlocked with code 99
2017-03-25 6:35:26.206 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:35:22.225 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:35:21.198 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:35:12.708 PM PDT
moments ago DEVICE lock unlocked Front Door was manually unlocked
2017-03-25 6:22:51.753 PM PDT
13 minutes ago DEVICE lock locked Front Door was manually locked
2017-03-25 6:22:47.083 PM PDT
13 minutes ago DEVICE lock unlocked Front Door was unlocked with code 99

this one is with the Z-Wave Lock with Codes:

2017-03-25 6:37:13.404 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:37:06.869 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:37:01.829 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:36:58.877 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:36:54.616 PM PDT
2017-03-25 6:36:51.070 PM PDT
moments ago DEVICE lock unlocked Front Door was manually unlocked

1 Like

I have a Schlage Connect, and I can’t get remote code management to work.
I have added the legacy DTH (Z-Wave Lock Reporting), but the app will not show the codes in use. The message still says “App is learning codes. They will appear here when received.”

In the device logs, I can see the reportAllCodes event, and I can see the codes (masked) in the JSON response, but nothing is being stored in the app. Also, new users that I add to the app do not create new codes on the lock.

I’m pretty stuck - any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi @ethayer!

I am trying to update from user-lock-manager to the new lock-manager for my Kwikset 910.

Here are the steps I’ve taken (after trying to update the old setup failed so I figured I’d wipe everything and start over):

1> Remove Z-Wave lock from ST
2> Remove the DTH and legacy apps from the IDE
3> Add new Repo
4> Install and publish Lock Manager
5> Install but not publish 3 other apps
6> Install and publish Z-Wave Lock Reporting DTH from new Repo
7> Pair lock with ST, it picks the Z-Wave Lock Reporting DTH by default.

So at this point, I can trigger the lock from the ST Android app, I get push notifications from manual locks and unlocks, but I can’t seem to get it to finish initializing.

The app always says “App is learning codes. They will appear here when received. Lock may require special DTH to work properly.” which is a little different than the messaging in the user guide for learning mode.

The logging looks like this:
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug initialize not yet complete!
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug run code logic
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug needs poll
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug run lock data setup
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug Updated with settings: [muteLock:false, lock:Front Door Lock, notifyMaunualUnlock:false, notifyKeypadLock:false, notifyMaunualLock:false, notification:true]
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isNumber() on null object @ line 332
805dfbef-d716-4a13-bf13-6a5f8d072f53 9:09:03 PM: debug Recieved: [lastbatt:1490498010790, assoc:1, init:true, lastPoll:1490501343532]

The lock itself is ~6 feet from the hub and two way interaction (setting codes, etc) worked in the old app.

The existing (pre update) codes work but log in notifications by slot # and not username.

I also noticed that there’s a blank line at the end of the DTH in the repo which causes the IDE to always report that the local copy is edited since ST seems to string whitespace at the end of files after checking them out.

Please Advise.

Thanks!

Try using the other Device handler in the Repo. It is designed for Schlage. I suggest following the User guide that is offered at the top of the thread.

Hi Eric, have you guys figured it out the issue with the Yale 210 AKA Yale Real Living push deadbolt? I actually have the very exact situation. the only way I can add lock codes is to the lock itself.

Go to the lock settings page and press ‘done’ it should then ask the lock for a poll and get the code list. The app will not try to set codes unless it knows the current codes.

Thanks, I’ve tried that several times with no luck.

I’ve excluded and re-paired the lock again and if that doesn’t work I’ll attempt a factory reset on the lock.

I see the reportAllCodes being sent in the poll but I never see anything come back so I’m wondering if it’s more lock than smartapp related at this point.

I’ll update if I figure it out.

Thanks
-S