[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

That’s right, except that it only accepts 4 digits… Just take your code and slice off any extra numbers…

Code: 456023
Keypad: 4560

Try Enhanced Auto Lock Door. It unlocks the door if it’s open and locks it automatically if closed. You can select the time delay, and is flexible enough to only do one of the functions if you want.

Guide updated to v1.1

1 Like

In the interest of saving some time swapping out my device handlers, any interest in issuing a “pull” back to garyd9/SmartThingsPublic?

1 Like

Erik,

FYI, I have updated my code for the DTH and app to the latest and still getting that error. I’m going to try to uninstall it tonight and start over doing 1 lock at a time.

Still get an error when trying to add your Schlage DTH to my IDE. I had a SmartThings engineer try and they get the error too.

Also, FYI, the link on your GitHub page still likes to V1 of the instructions, not 1.1. Just a heads up!

Jeff

1 Like

garyd9 has left the community and is no longer supporting or maintaining the original code repository.

That sucks. I don’t know why it would error out. I tried moving the file, maybe that would help.

The v1.1 guide is linked in the repository. Maybe you just need to refresh the page? It was updated about 2.5hrs ago.

EDIT: I think moving the file to the correct namespace did it. I can now update it from the original garyd9 code with my new one here.

Yep, that fixed it!

I’ll let you know if the full uninstall and reinstall works or not.

Thanks!

I went to add a user today and there are no users or locks listed in the Lock Manager App. Whenever I add them back and exit Lock Manager, they are gone again.

In the lock app, when I attempt to refresh the data it gets stuck in “Lock is loading data”.

Nope, zero counts for users unlocking and I only receive manual lock and unlock notifications. Has always said 0 entries since I got this Yale lock for almost $200.

It sounds like you’re adding multiple installs of the application. Be sure you’re going back to the app by going to ‘Automation’ > ‘StartApps’ NOT by going back to the Marketplace to ‘My Apps’

If you have multiple installs listed in the Automation tab, remove all of them and start over by adding only one.

Trying to do a fresh install. When I go into the lock, click refresh, then next, then done, I get an error: 8:49:11 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14901453212632108340033.initializeLockData() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: initalizeLockData() @ line 214

Will keep trying…

EDIT: Still getting this when I try to go to the lock under the Locks section.

8:51:59 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘usage’ on null object @ line 947
c2ae725d-a68e-4835-a0e4-ac5d92f4ab27 8:51:55 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘usage’ on null object @ line 947

Eric, another question on the external keypad (Iris). I setup a couple of routines to take action on Arm/away and disarm. They work fine when Act as SHM device is enabled, but, of course, it changes the SHM mode as well, When disabling Act as SHM device, the routines don’t run any more. Is there a way to configure things so that the keypad can run routines without affecting the SHM mode? Thanks!

I just fixed some critical bugs revolving around the initialization process. Please update! All should be good now. HAH, knock on wood.

Dang… I have no idea. I just don’t get what you’re running into. I just uninstalled the app twice and created everything again without any exception errors… Have you gone full nuclear on this? The only thing I can think of is that you have some code someplace in the wrong spot or out-of-date.

Delete the app, delete the code in your IDE for apps and device handlers, delete the GitHub link… EVERYTHING… and then re-initialize everything with the GitHub integration… Its the only thing I can think of. We both have similar setups… BE469 locks… there’s no reason this shouldn’t be smooth as BUTTER for you.

Should be. Did you toggle off ‘Acts as SHM device in the keypad settings page’? There could be a bug in that so let me know if this doesn’t work and I’ll do some work on it.

EDIT: I just tested the toggle, and it indeed works.

Finally seem to be getting somewhere after multiple uninstall/reinstalls. You were right, there were several installations of the Lock Manager.

Regarding updating, can I just update and republish from GitHub or do I have to uninstall/reinstall all over again?

Yep, just click ‘Update From GitHub’ and check all the apps in the ‘Obsolete (updated in GitHub)’ section… then click ‘Execute Update’.

No need to select ‘Publish’ since that instance of the app is already published, updated versions will also be published.

OK wow, yes. While that was an option in the app, it was severely bugged… actually most of the Keypad code was a bit wonky and bugged out.

I just refactored the entire thing so that it matches the flow of Lock Manager, I also fixed many feature breaking bugs and cleaned up the code. It seems to be working great for me now, so give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Still showing 0 user entries with new version and only receiving manual lock/unlock notifications. It’s a Yale BL1 Touchscreen/Keyless.

Hi Erik, I come bearing gifts for you for once! I completey deleted all SmartApps and Device Type handlers (old and new) that had any reference to Lock Manager or the versions prior. I then deleted the GitHub repo, logged out, logged back in, added the repo, then added the apps and dth back. I then ran a zwave network repair and found that one of my locks failed to update, so I have a feeling either the lock is having issues or the batteries need to be replaced. For now, I left that lock out (it is also the one that would take FOREVER to update codes). I then added my other 2 locks and the 3 users. It appears to be good and synced codes within seconds, something that has not happened in the past. I think we are good now!

Thanks for all of your help! I hope that I was able to help by providing some of the logs as well.

1 Like

Anyone else have this lock that can attest to Lock Manager working (or not working)? I don’t have one, so I can’t say.

Is this lock the same one? If not, can you send me a link to it?
https://www.amazon.com/Yale-Touchscreen-Deadbolt-SmartThings-YRD240-ZW-0BP/dp/B00HS1O5JG/ref=s9_simh_gw_g60_i3_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=B16A9DXPC5ZWGW93K1YA&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1cded295-23b4-40b1-8da6-7c1c9eb81d33&pf_rd_i=desktop

The Yale BL1 is a push-button version of the YRD240, with some features of the 240 missing, I believe. I have several YRD240s, and they all work fine with Lock Manager. I think, the z-wave radio is built in to the BL1, but you’d figure that the radios are the same.