[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Thanks! The DTH was a naming issue, but it still won’t update from garyd9’s since it’s a different repo.

Thanks! copy pasta. fixed.

Confirmed … code-burning now works :+1:

I removed my DTH because it’s no longer needed, but I added garyd9’s because I had to make some edits to update it. You won’t be able to update his through my repo until you install it through my repo first.

Installing through my repo should be fixed now.

Erik,

Dumb question which DTH should I be using? The polling on gary’s DTH seems to be slow. I deleted a test user 5 mins ago and the code still works. A code I added 10 mins ago still doesn’t work. Lock info shows deleted code, says pending refresh

I can’t sync your DTH from GitHub as it just errors. I have to manually copy and paste the code into a DTH to be able to use it. After you most recent update from like an hour ago I get the following error when trying to view the lock code slots in Lock Manager: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘usage’ on null object @ line 947

Should be using the one in my repo here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/lock-manager/master/devicetypes/ethayer/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.src/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.groovy

You might have to hit refresh lock codes on the lock page. Did all the codes load into the app? (can you see each code in the info section?)

huh… the app doesn’t go to that many lines, Lock manager only has 356 lines?

I just deleted Lock Manager and am starting over. It was close…but then ran into issues after updating the lock DTH.

That’s, the one I’m using. Deleted old one and copy and pasted that one. Really odd. I’m going start over with a delete and reinstall. It worked once on one lock.

Make sure that your locks are set to it on the device list. Maybe it didn’t switch them over automatically.
https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

Are the locks even getting the information for the slots when you go to the lock info page?

Just curious, I have your modified DTH “Z-Wave Lock Reporting” installed with my Kwikset 916 door lock and it appears to be communicating perfectly with the latest lock-manager code. Should I switch my door lock DTH to a standard SmartThings DTH and if so, which? Here are my DTH choices below:

Yeah there’s no longer any benefit of using ‘Zwave Lock reporting’ so you might as well switch to the default one so that you get automatic updates from ST.

EDIT: Not sure, I’m just using ‘Z-wave Lock’ for my non-schlage locks.

1 Like

Thanks @ethayer: I wonder what the “Z-Wave Lock with Code” offers {e.g. more functionality} ? Or does it really matter since all of the code management and lock data are handled by your APP?

Hmmm … dunno if that’s a good thing, LOL

1 Like

It showing correctly in the device list. I have been wtching the Logs, I only added 2 locks, it is taking 10 mins to Poll the countdown from slot 30 to 1.

OK, I am already lost here. I wanted to install your V1. So remove the DTH, app, and just install V1?

uninstalled DTH, cannot uninstall apps - says in use by one or more users.

Are the install directions in the user guide in the first post still valid? I’m having trouble adding the repository.

You have to uninstall the app in-use on your mobile device first.

Yep, the user guide is still up-to-date. What step are you stuck on?

That is certainly a long time. In my tests it would take about 5-10 minutes… so not too bad, but it shouldn’t take longer than that. The set-code process only occurs AFTER the lock is done with the polling process, so that might be a reason why your codes weren’t set as expected. This process should only have to happen once so it’s not like you’ll be running into this too often.

yea sorry. i realized that. i accidentally published the lock user originally. any way to uninstall it?

So what are you saying I’m impatient, my wife would have told you that lol? I just added all my locks and I’m going to wait until they are all polled before I do anymore tests. I’m suspecting that is the issue I’m having at the moment.

Thanks Erik!

1 Like

When i try to add the repository I get the message: “GitHub repository ethayer/lock-manger not found”