[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Anyone have 2 locks running on this DH? I have 2 of the Schlage century deadbolts with the touchscreen number pads. I’ve ran the 1st one for over 2 years. The new one I added yesterday… on this one you have the hit the Schlage button first before entering the code unlike my old one. I can’t get this one to take new codes even though it shows in the recent and logs “added code 1” and “added code 2”. In the app the lock always shows it’s in an unknown status as well.

The lock isn’t mounted yet, but every command makes the lock spin clockwise as well as the default codes. But I’m hoping that’s because it’s not mounted.

But here is the crazy thing… I unplug the batteries from the new lock to do a reset. The old lock locks, hook the back up… the old lock unlocks. Does it every time.

Well if anyone finds this… II have to mount the lock and cycle it once for it to start working.

You can copy the code then change the name of you want the locks to work on different codes.

You know, I hate to say this, because I’m a long-time user/supporter of ethayer’s lock management, but I finally broke down and purchased an Rboy lifetime license ($39) becuase I was continuing to have issues using this setup, and the long-term future was not clear.

My initial experience is “Wow, it all works, and there is a ton of options/features available.”

If you’re happy w/this setup and it works, stick with it. But if you’re not getting things going the way you need/want to, I have to say I am very impressed with what Rboy has to offer.

4 Likes

I am trying to install this. I set up the repo and installed the main “Lock Manager” SmartApp, but the other three child apps do not show up in the repo when I click on Update from Repo. Any suggestions?

@mikebian63 I’m following the pdf guide too and don’t see the child apps either.

Those instructions are out-of-date. The newest version of Lock Manager only has 1 smartapp to install. The 3 child apps were part of the older version which is what the instructions refer to.

I’m confused on how to even get past step one "From the IDE, click on “My SmartApps” how do you get to the IDE on https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/?

IDE is https://account.smartthings.com

I cant get the smart app to open… Constantly get “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again.”

i followed all the steps in the instructions but where a bit out of date. Especialy the child apps section.

Could you link where is the new version of this? Thanks!

Hi all,

Is anyone else getting a “DISARMED” status all of a sudden? I can no longer lock or unlock the door from the app. I’ve also tried removing the lock from the Lock Manager app and re-adding them but no luck.

I started noticing this today but pretty sure it was working yesterday as of July 18th. See screenshots below.

Best,
Colin

Yea, same issue here. I am going to try and uninstall/reinstall and see if that corrects it.

I think it has something to do with the device handler that I was using. I don’t know how or why, but the “Z-wave with touchscreen lock” device handler that was working for years but stopped working recently. I did a general exclusion and re-added both of my locks and they are working now.

Actually, I found out that you don’t even need to do that. You can go into Smartthings IDE and manually set the device to a generic Z-wave lock with code or something and it’ll show the lock/unlock again.

However, I am not sure if that’ll still work with the Lock Manager app. I might try upgrading to the beta later and see if that helps.

Glad you got it working, I decided to jump ship and buy http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/. So far, well worth the investment. Much more straightforward, plus you get access to additional smart apps.

2 Likes

I cannot add a new user on the new SmartThings app, it only works on the old version.

When a try to add a new user on the new SmartThings app it creates a generic something, with no tag of User, Lock or Keypad. Therefore it doesn’t set a code.

I’ve created the test user for example:

1 Like

I agree. Been with RBoys for a while now and have found the apps to be great with great support. Worth the money as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

So the old app will be sunset on October 14th (it’s official) and Lock Manager doesn’t even load in the new app (I see it loads for others, so WTH?). I have the Schlage Century Connect Z-wave lock and I like how this app let’s me set the codes as well as change the settings on the lock.

Does the built-in lock manager app have similar features or do I need to switch to RBoy’s app …?

The smart lock guest access allows you to set users and codes. That’s all…the very basic. It is only available in the US at this point. @RBoy LUM offers many features on top of that and works in all regions.

4 Likes

Oh @ethayer - Please make Lock Manager compatible with the new app. I really don’t want to buy all of RBOYs collection just to get one app, and the built-in manager is abysmal (I can only set codes on one of my locks).

Maybe we can take up a collection and make it worth your while.

Yep - same problem here. I finally did the migration from Smartthings to Samsung, and they ported E. Thayer’s lock code manager over, but I can only manipulate/change the info and lock codes on the EXISTING users that were ported over. Trying to create new user with a new code in the Samsung app puts you into a never-ending loop of naming the “integration”. Nowhere does it give you the ability to set a code.

For now, while the Smartthings Classic app is still technically working, I went ahead and added a bunch more users and assigned them to more open slots on my Schlage lock. Those users do show up in the Samsung app, so at least now I have 16 slots created (more than I’ll probably ever need) that I can manipulate and edit within the Samsung app.

Overall though, I’m disappointed that the migrated Samsung version of the Lock Code Manager app doesn’t work the same way as it always has within the Smartthings app.