[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I’m running lock manager 1.4 and it has been working well since 2018. Recently the notifications on my phone have been intermittent. Sometimes they work. Sometimes nothing happens. Should I upgrade to lock manager 2.0 to solve this problem. My locks are schlage connect. Thanks in advance. @ethayer

For the longest time after the 025 update that broke the notification for manual lock/unlock for my Kwikset SmartCode 916, this fast fix worked. Thanks Kianoosh_Karami (in post #2104)! I’m currently running v2 hub with firmware version 026.00012. Took me this long to put out the time to look for a fix. Your instruction was clear and I was able to implement the fix.

I’m trying to get access to the Lock Manager but have hit a snag. I selected Update from Repo and a screen appeared showing - Obsolete, Restricted and New(only in Github). There is only 1 item there - smartapps/ethayer/lock-manager.src/lock-manager.groovy

None of the Child apps. If I select that and publish it, will the Child apps appear?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

since it doesn’t seem to get fixed (the notification), seems SmartThings has now a Smart lock app and even a Schlage Century Connect item under Locks in marketplace->things. any reason not to try to switch to that?

anyone did and can report on the functionality?

also, how do I make the switch, to I need to remove the current device first, uninstall Lock manager etc’… or can they both run at the same time?

The latest version of Lock Manager (2.0) has no child apps. They are all bundled into the Lock Manager app.

I’m running 1.x version that I’ve stayed with as it was working fine. However, recently noticed that the child apps are MIA (see pics attached - child apps are installed in my IDE, but no-show in the SmartThings app) so I have no configuration options anymore.

So maybe time to finally upgrade. I know notifications aren’t working well, but not a big issue for me.

I have a Schlage Camelot.

Questions:

1. Where is the current “2.0” version? Use the Master or Beta-2 branch in Ethayer’s repository?

2. What is the recommended upgrade process from 1.x? I thought there was a post w/that info but can’t find it in the thousands of posts here…thanks in advance.

3. And somewhat off-topic - I thought I would try the SmartThings Smart Locks app so I changed the DTH for my lock to the stock “Z-Wave lock with codes” but found that though the Smartthings app (classic) tells me the Smart Locks app is installed when I install it from “+ Add a Smart app”>Safety and Security, the app never shows up in my Smartapps tab in the classic or new SmartThings app.

1. I believe the Master branch is still the old 1.4 version. I have 2.0 installed from the Beta-2 branch.

2. I upgraded by deleting all the 1.4 apps and starting over with 2.0.

3. On my classic Smartthings app, the Smart Locks app appears on the home screen near the bottom rather than in the Smartapps tab. You can stay with EThayer’s DTH and the Smart Locks app will still work.

1 Like

Thanks! Extremely helpful.

My next odd behavior is that after I added the beta-2 branch to my IDE, when I go to do an Update from Repo in the My Smartapps tab in my IDE there are zero files shown. On My Device Handlers I find the three DTHs so that looks normal. I haven’t uninstalled the v1.x Ethayer Smart Lock apps that I have currently installed yet, but it seems odd that the beta-2 Smart Apps branch shows zero files available. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for the tip about the SmartThings Smart Locks app - found it as you said on the home screen (Dashboard) at the bottom. However, the Smart Locks app doesn’t seem to like my Schlage Camelot lock - the Smart Locks app says “Cannot update lock status” and doesn’t show my existing codes properly with either the stock z-wave w/codes DTH or the “Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock” DTH that I have been using. I added and removed it a couple of times but no joy there.

Seems like I may have to go nuclear on this…

I apologize, but I was wrong when I said I used beta-2. I just checked and I am actually using the Master branch. The two are nearly identical, but beta-2 says it is one commit behind Master. It’s been several months since I did my upgrade so my memory was faulty.

I have a Yale lock, so unfortunately I can’t help you with your issue with Smart Locks. It worked fine for me from the get go.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for clarifying that.

I uninstalled all of the existing Ethayer lock DTHs and apps, and reinstalled the 2.0 app and the schlage driver from the Master branch.

App is now doing a “sweep” - hopefully that will complete normally. If not, then I assume I’ll have to reset the lock and start over from the very beginng.

The Sweep status has shown the following for about 10 minutes, so I’m not optimistic the sweep will complete and I’ll be able to use the lock:

"0%
Sweep is in progress
Progress 0/30

Esitmated time left: 3 minutes
Lock will set codes after sweep is complete."

I don’t remember how long the sweep took for my lock but it was a good while. The fact that the app is doing the sweep is a good sign, I think.

1 Like

The SSL certificate on https://images.lockmanager.io/app/v1/images/lm.jpg expired on 7/17/2019 which is causing the app icon not to load.

1 Like

Unfortunately now it’s many hours later and the sweep status is completely unchanged. Really looks like it’s actually not doing anything. I’ll probably uninstall everything and install it again and choose to skip the sweep and see what happens.

I just did that removed the Lock Manager smart app and then added it again, and skipped the Sweep.

However when I go into the smart app after adding the lock and the contact sensor associated with the lock, I don’t see any option to add users, or check existing users and codes, and things like that. So either something still isn’t right or there’s some secret trick I’m not aware of to access those settings in Lock Manager 2.0.

Feeling very stoopid right now…[Edit]: And justifiably so. I had the wrong DTH selected for the lock. I was trying a bunch of changes at one point, and forget to set the lock back to the DTH from Ethayer’s github when I removed everything and installed 2.0. Just changed the DTH to his " [Z-Wave Lock Schlage] DTH, re-installed the Lock Manager app, and now the sweep is running/progressing. Hopefully things will come up as expected now.

Worked (sort of). Sweep completed, I see slots available, but they do not respond to tap or long-press to actually add a user/code. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20190721-220901_SmartThings

Thank you for getting back to me.
So I’m now trying to Install the DTH but I don’t see the Schlage handlers

I see the z-wave-Yale lock handlers and the devicetypes/ethayer/zwave-lock.src/zwave-lock.groovy

If I use this zwave handler for my Schlage Lock will I see Schlage specific selections or are they now general “z-Wave” DTH selections?

Is there an updated install guide? Thanks

To add a User, go to the home screen of Lock Manager. Below the lock you created there is a section called “Create New Integration”. Click on “Choose Type” and you can select whether to add a Lock, a User, or a Keypad. If you select User, you will be able to add a name, a code, and a slot number. Be sure to press Save or Done at the top to save changes.

1 Like

Sorry. Can’t help you with Schlage issues since I only have a Yale lock. I suspect that ethayer’s zwave-lock.groovy will handle your lock. There must have been something unusual about yale locks that made him create one specifically for them.

Man, that is not intuitive. I guess I should have remembered that I saw those options when I first created the initial lock, but obviously I didn’t. There really should be something on the page listing all the slots/codes that provides breadcrumbs to the steps to add or change codes. Thank you very much, if not for you I’d be wandering in the dark still.

just updated not sure why everything stopped working i was running 2.0 . deleted everything and recreated… all working except my one zigbee lock… i have the stock zigbee smartthings device handler but sweep stays at zero… dont think i should use the zwave handler… anyone have any ideas>

Thanks. I’ll try it

Has anyone been able to get notifications to work for Schlage Locks? (I have the FE566 Lever locks) I’v completely un installed the lock manager and DHT and installed V2 from the master branch. The only notifications I’m able to get is when users are added to a lock. I’v also tried replacing the line of code that o0justin0o suggested.