[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I downloaded and installing my first lock today, which is a Schlage. Do I still need the DHT for that lock brand like the old app required? If so, I can go into that thread to get that DHT correct?

Yes. You’ll need the lock DTH, as you cannot do any of the code operations on your lock without it. The default DTH does not have that ability.

2 Likes

My first smartapp install…

I installed the new beta smartapp (installed both the parent and child) and left gary’s DTH that I had for the old smartapp since I have a schlage connect. Went in to ‘market place’ → ‘smartapps’ → ‘my smartapps’. 2 “lock manager” smartapps are listed, both with the same name. I open each and assign my front door lock and get the green light that they are installed and automating. I then go back to automation and click ‘new user’ but only get the thinking graphic for a second, then it goes away and nothing else happens. The ‘right now’ screen shows the added buttons for alarm on/off and volume, auto lock, lock and leave.

Did I miss a step somewhere? I cant add users, or see any other options like scheduling.

What are the live logs you need to see? Screenshot of the events list under ‘live logging’ in the IDE, or the ‘list events’ in the device details?

You should only add your lock to the lock manager app not lock user. Delete anything you’ve added there.

Live logging and the output of the lock and smartapp when you get the timeout.

Operator error… both smartapps were titled ‘lock manager’. Somehow I added this smartapp twice in IDE instead of the ‘lock user’. Got it working now. Really appreciate all of the quick and helpful responses.

Taking some time off of work next week, going to work on this application a bit!

Here’s what I’m thinking priority-wise:

• Lock info page, similar to the lock info page in the old app.

• Easy mode (the new default) this will WIPE OUT any codes/users that are not explicitly set in the app. This can be toggled off if needed, but it will help users by making deleting/adding users more simple.

• Global settings… I’m not sure what to add here… maybe something like:

• Global notification options (overridable on the user level)
    • Hello Home
    • Schedule (overridable on the user level)
    • LOCK notification options.
    • Manual unlock notification options

Anything else I’m missing feature-wise from the old app? I’m not planning on support for a key-pad only device as I don’t have one, so I’m not able to test. Sorry!

I think the above list will get the app out of “BETA” as the features will be robust enough to replace the old app. At that time, I will remove the old code as to keep new users out of that path.

I’m not sure if ever that this app will be a market-place app. Right now, it requires a custom hook on the device type that SmartThings doesn’t seem to want to implement in their default app. If they don’t put it in the default DTH, then marketplace users will be sorely disappointed in the functionality. I’ve asked for this to be added the the DTH a few times and it doesn’t seem to be possible at this time. I even offered a pull request, but it has gone apparently un-noticed.

I’ll also be spending some time seeing if I can’t remove that requirement. It may be easier to do given the planned functionality of ‘Easy Mode’

1 Like

Speaking of old code, I had to use the old ‘zwave-lock-reporting.groovy’ from “User Lock Manager” since I got an error (“Updated 0 devices and created 0 new devices, 0 published (1 skipped due to errors)”) trying to check-out and publish the DTH from the Beta version in github. Doing a diff on the two DTHs revealed very minor changes (color changes and I think an additional debug statement for the log).

Except for trying to get the new ‘zwave-lock-reporting.groovy’, the Beta is working fine for me.

Yeah I took the most recent DTH from ST and then inserted the hook. I didn’t test it well enough apparently.

All my battery levels for locks report 1% levels even though the IDE shows actual levels… 80 - 40% in most cases. I’m guessing the fix is somewhere in the default DTH.

I’ll work on this also.

1 Like

I didn’t read the whole thread here, but would it be possible to update the OP on what the explicit goal features are for this implementation? I find the statement about “It will lack features of User Lock Manager” a little hard to understand. Maybe even just stating which features aren’t or won’t be available from that project would help. I find the previous implementation usable, just has some minor concerns which cause me more work.

Support and documentation takes time. Time I’d rather use just adding the features in.

Right now the app can…

• Manages Codes
  • Can set schedule per-user.
  • Can set Hello Home per-user.
  • Notifications per-user.
  • Burnable users (set allowed number of uses).
  • See user usage totals on each lock.
    …more?.. I think that might be it.
4 Likes

For those using ZigBee locks, I have released a newer version of my Universal Enhanced Zigbee Lock with Lock Codes. Upgrade at your soonest convenience. Added Privacy Mode and a better tile layout for Kwikset locks.

FYI - I’m using version 4.1.5 of User Lock Manager, and I’m also seeing constant User Lock Manager entries in my Activity Feed and in my “Recently” tab of my Schlage Connect lock. Here’s what my Events List looks like:

Installing Schlage Connect deadbolt tomorrow AM (probably won’t be able to sleep all night.) :slight_smile:

Is it a good idea to power up the lock in the family room and connect it to my system before installing? The installation location is through two walls and about 25 feet away. Figured I could insert batteries, connect the lead between the keypad and the other module, connect it to SmartThings, and then take it apart and complete the physical install tomorrow.

EDIT: Got my answer, going to install it on the door, then add to my system. Also adding a GE 12722 switch in the entry near the door so I have nearby beaming. Good excuse to add another switch that I wanted. :wink:

1 Like

With my Schlage locks, I had to have them about a foot away from my ST hub for them to connect. Best to power them up before installing in the door and get it connected to smartthings.

Dana, I would suggest you install it on the door before connecting it to the system. The lock in electronically configured for Right side installation after the installation is complete. Before I installed mine, I configured it into the system and then spent the next 4 hours after installation wondering why it was not operating properly. I had to do a full reset and the re-connecting it to the system after installation.

1 Like

EDIT: DOH! Never mind, I was entering the user code, not the programming code. Connected easily when I entered the correct 6-digit programming code and then hit 0.

I’m up and running!! :slight_smile:

I have the Shlage Connect lock installed, and works perfectly via the keypad. I can lock and unlock from the touchscreen on front and lock from the back, everything is beautiful.,

Deleted my confused ramblings that were here.

1 Like

It’s a nice lock. Good you got it up and running.

This is a thread for Lock Manager. Please ask questions about Lock Code Manager on that thread. I am not providing support for Lock Code Manager, but people in the community have been super helpful to people trying to get up and running.

I am currently investing my free time to focusing on the new app. After I get to a good place on the new app, I’ll try to provide some level of support for it.

3 Likes

##Yay!! Beta v0.2

###What’s new?

• Views for lock info to see what all the codes are in each slots.
  • Overwrite mode option (ON by default) which removes codes that aren’t set by this app.
    (I believe this will be very helpful to most people) REMEMBER TO DELETE any apps that also alter codes before using this app with this option enabled. You have been warned.
    ###What’s Next?
  • Global Notifications/Schedule.
  • Improve lock info pages and user views.
  • stretch goal: Remove need for custom DTH for code reports.

If there are reasons that are holding you back from ditching the old app for this one, let me know so that I can prioritize what I work on in the future.

4 Likes

Thank you Eric for your work on this app. I have updated the code (parent and child) I do want to say I am using the DTH “Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock Reporting v2” but I did put the new one you have above in my IDE -

I have been testing the new version and it is looking really great ! I love the BURN code feature !

I want to bring to your attention one thing that I am unsure if this is by design to work this way or not.

I set up 9 users in my app. went through and tested all of them. ALL GOOD!
After doing this, in the app, to the device and then to “SmartApps” (far right top of device screen)
to see the apps attached to the front door (device) each of the names of the users appears in that list - where the “Smart Apps” (only) are generally listed. as if when that user/ code was / is used that slot then appears in the smart app. This may be the design, I have just never seen that before, so wanted to verify with you. I can provide you screen shots (in PM) if that would be of any benefit.
It isn’t problematic of course. As mentioned above I am NOT using the Device type you have above ~ could that be an issue, I can or will certainly change that if you feel appropriate or it is advisable.

Again, thank you for your time and dedication for this spendid app, much appreciation.

1 Like