[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

That part of the equation is easy. Do it in webcore, and you’ll get exactly what you wish.

The problem is: how do you then determine when the presence has left?

Thanks! Got it working with webCore…

Regarding the “presence left” problem:

I am not sure how Lock Manager works but I am thinking of just punching a code before locking the lock that triggers a piston that tells my presence is not active anymore… My locks are the Kwikset 914 so they do not have the lock with user option.

1- I was wondering if I can use it as a keypad just before I actually lock with the lock button. Then that code will trigger the piston and know I’m out.

2- If not, I can Ask Alexa to turn off a virtual switch named after my name and I say: Alexa, tell home to turn off “my name”, just before I am leaving, then use a piston to trigger the presence to away if the switch is off. (will work to do the opposite also).

Just thinking for now… if someone knows how to make the option 1 or the 2 to work, please let me know.
Thanks,

So for any sensor I want to use in “real-time” with these Apps, remove it from SHM configuration and configure the simulated sensor in SHM and set it up with that same one with these Apps?

I am brand new to Smartthings and just installed my Kwikset 916 lock a few days ago. I followed the user manual step by step to get Lock Manager in the app. I got my lock installed in the app but the only code working is the one that was installed using the door. The count was also working for it. For the other ones, I have tried to add a user, enter a code, and when I go to use it, it fails at the lock. How do I get Lock Manager to communicate with my lock? I’ve seen a lot of posts about updating the DTH, can someone explain how I would do that? I am not tech savy but I am able to follow step by step directions. I really don’t want to take my lock apart to manually install codes before I leave on a trip tomorrow.

For anything that you actually don’t want to delay (use in real-time) leave it in SHM and do not configure a simulated sensor. For those you want to add a delay, add a simulated sensor through the Smart App, remove the actual sensor from SHM and instead add the new simulated sensor to SHM.

1 Like

A single simulated contact sensor device is required and may be used with multiple real devices. The app issues an optional intrusion message identifying the sensor causing the alarm.

The latest release allows a motion sensor to be “followed” (ignored) when a monitored contact sensor is triggered and delayed. This should help situations where a motion sensor “sees” the device being used to disarm the system, or possibly the door movement being monitored by the contact sensor, otherwise the motion sensor acts normally, triggering an immediate alarm. For extreme situations and as a “last resort” there is the “True Entry Delay” option, shutting off the system for the entry delay time period, then rearming if needed to sound the intrusion alarm.

Note “Real” contact sensors include: Connect, Konnect and Honeywell Smarthings simulated sensors, however, normally it is any hardware contact sensor that was monitored by SmartHome

For additional questions or comments about my app please use the SHM Delay thread

Just to confirm, when you installed using the instructions, you used the Z-Wave Lock Reporting option for your DTH right? You can confirm this on the SmartThings IDE page under My Devices, find your Lock and make sure the Type is Z-Wave Lock Reporting. That’s what I’m using with my Kwikset 916. Please note that there are 2 versions of the Kwikset 916, a ZigBee version and Z-Wave version. Consumer versions should be the Z-Wave version but sometimes people may get the ZigBee version if it was bought from a 3rd party or from pro security systems. You’ll need a different DTH for the ZigBee version.

When setting up your lock and adding users, make sure you’re using Lock Manager app from within the Automation>SmartApps section of the SmartThings app. The app can be finicky at times when adding users. Make sure you are pressing Done/Save all the way through when adding your user code. I believe it works best when you add a new user and code. Editing an existing user and code seems to not work as well. It’s better to delete the user completely and re-add.

Adding users steps for me would be.

1. Click Add New User
  2. Enter Name, Code and select a lock slot (I have to select the slot twice for it to register for some reason, android user) and click Next to go to the next screen.
  3. I’ve noticed that clicking Save immediately gives an error and doesn’t save properly, so I would recommend disabling the user and then re-enabling them immediately by changing the User Enabled? toggle off and then on, then press Save.
  4. This takes you back to the Lock Manager app. Press Save again.
  5. You’ll need to give it a minute for Lock Manager to sync your new user and code to your lock. If you go into the “My Home” section in SmartThings and view your lock, you can view recent activity in the “Recently” section. You should see activity from your lock showing codes being sent to the lock and that the lock slot you used for the new user was changed and set.

I would do this each time for each new user to make sure they get synced one by one. Same goes for when deleting users. Hope that helps.

Thank you. Do I also need to specify the simulated contact sensor within the User Lock app in the actual Schlage Lock configuration information or do I leave the real door sensor listed in there?

The real door sensor is probably best in the lock manager app.

I got it to work! I followed all the steps again without reinstalling/doing
the coding over again just checking everything. For some reason I could see
lock manager in the apps but it had disappeared from device handlers so
that is probably where my trouble was.

Hello,

I just installed your Lock Manager app, I followed the directions in your guide.pdf on dropbox. The part I did not understand was on page 11 & 12 of the guide. I did click on update from repo but nothing populated in any of the three windows. I assume as I already have the newest version of the four apps…

My issues are when I add my two Schlage fe499 locks to the Lock Manager and then add two users with codes and click Done, I reopen the Lock Manager and the locks and users are not listed.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Use the Lock Manager that is located in Automation: SmartApps not the one in MarketPlace: Smartapps: My Apps. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

That was the answer. Thank you for the help

Regards,

Max Lawver

I am still relatively new to IoT and ST so I suspect i need newbie help. I have the Schlage zwave lock and a growing network of devices. I had no problem installing Lock Manager following you exceptionally clear instructions. And most functions work fine…except arming and disarming ST based on lock events. Specifically I want it to disarm when the maid comes. What I did was create an automation that provides a named function Disarm, and then reference this from the Lock Manager automation.

I can see the exception in the code here but am not yet proficient enough or familiar enough with the app to debug. Does anyone have a suggestion?

a897b523-b39c-450e-a18b-92ee3f9cc47d 10:36:16 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1506702067353746643573.execute() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.json.JSONArray) values: [[Disarm, Test]]
Possible solutions: execute(java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @ line 742
a897b523-b39c-450e-a18b-92ee3f9cc47d 10:36:16 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1506702067353746643573.execute() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.json.JSONArray) values: [[Disarm, Test]]
Possible solutions: execute(java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @ line 742
32b1865b-d999-4113-bcaf-c2e0dc50a7d4 10:36:14 AM: debug "zw device: 2F, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 16 01 00 FF 06 02 00 " parsed to [‘name’:‘lock’, ‘value’:‘unlocked’, ‘descriptionText’:Front Door Lock was manually unlocked, ‘data’:[‘usedCode’:‘manual’], ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘displayed’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door Lock’]
c66ee441-56b4-47a0-aef5-2b464f4852d4 10:35:53 AM: trace nowPlaying reports standby: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug createChildDeviceEvent(‘0017882AA134/21’, [name:hue, value:23, descriptionText:Color has changed, displayed:false])
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug createChildDeviceEvent(‘0017882AA134/21’, [name:colorTemperature, value:2732, descriptionText:Color temperature has changed])
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug createChildDeviceEvent(‘0017882AA134/21’, [name:level, value:100, descriptionText:Level has changed to 100%])
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug createChildDeviceEvent(‘0017882AA134/21’, [name:switch, value:off])
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug allHueDevices: [DR Floor Lamp, Front Yard Post Lantern - east, Front Yard Post Lantern - West, MBR soffit, LR Tower High, LR Tower Low, LR Tower Middle, Kitchen soffit]
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug pollResponseHandler()
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug checkBridgeStatus()
005d55c3-f07f-4677-8423-af36d518b1a9 10:35:52 AM: debug poll()
10:35:38 AM: info Waiting on events…

Is it possible to override the auto lock feature and have it reference if a door sensor is closed before auto locking? Tired of my kids slamming the door closed with the deadbolt out because it auto locked after 30sec. Using Kwikset 910…

Thanks.

@kampto - This Lock Manager has always been great for me but I was having the same issue with the wife & kids slamming the door with the deadbolt out. I started using the below for the Auto Lock and disabled the Autolock on the Lockmanager Smart App. It will keep the door from Auto Locking if the Contact is not closed and will send a notification if the door has been open after a certain amount of time. It has worked great for me so far & my door jam has appreciated it :slight_smile:

Only note - I had a little bit where my contact sensor was stuck on open, when this happened, the door never autolocked. Only real thing to look out for, BUT, the notification should give you the heads up that it hasnt been closed.

After playing with WebCoRe a lot lately though, this may be pretty easy to set up in there as well. I havent updated yet because this app has worked pretty well lately.

I installed the club steve autolock smartapp… Configured it to use the lock and door sensor. Still locked the door after being open for 30sec. Will play with it some more.

Make sure you shut of the Auto lock from the Lock Manager smart app. Go into your lock and there is a button on the bottom Left that says Auto Lock. Shut that off and try again.

Edit: Bottom LEFT!

Thanks, turned autolock off on the dip switch on the lock. Works now!!

1 Like

I’m having a very weird problem with lock manager. I upgraded from the old User Lock Manager, which was unreliable for me with my Schlage Connect lock. I copied all of the old user codes by hand into LM, but didn’t delete ULM, wanting to make suer that LM worked properly first. So far, so good - all the users codes worked fine. Now, though, I can’t create any new codes. When I make a new user, it tells me that the user has been added and is now automating. I try the lock and the new code works. After a while, though (not sure how long, but <30 minutes) the code goes away. When I look at the lock within the LM app, the slot in question looks fine after being set, but later its status changes to “Controller failed to set user code”. The “entries” code shows 1, not 0, so I know that it actually worked when I tried it. If I go into the user and push the “reset user”, it tells me “user re-enabled, lock has been reset”, and it works fine. I check the app and, sure enough, the entry count has incremented. but, again, a few minutes later it doesn’t work again.

The codes that were also used in ULM - those I put into LM initially - are stable, and continue to work. It’s just that I can’t make any new ones. And, no, I haven’t exceeded the number of available slots.

The “recently” tab on the lock has a bunch of “Lock: Front Door Lock- Sent Undatecodes Command to Front Door Lock” messages. These are happening more often than I am adding users, more than 1 message per code addition.

The lock is of type “Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock”. The apps installed are ethayer:Keypad, ethayer:Lock, ethayer:Lock User (all unpublished) and ethayer:Lock manager (published). I also have rboy:Lock multiuser code management… installed, but haven’t opened or used it. I had User Lock Manager installed, but it is now deleted and the problem persists

What should I try? What’s going on? Thanks, in advance, for any help with this.