[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Messages to the controller are not processed “in order.” They are processed when they arrive. Often, the message for the door sensor is much faster than the message for the unlock, plus additional processing is required for the app to trigger the disarm routine.

Here’s how I do it personally…

I have the same routine as the disarmed also trigger a light to turn on. You could also ‘toggle’ the light if you think that the light might be on to begin with. I know that when the light is ON, that the alarm state is also set to disabled. It usually takes 3 - 5 seconds.

Got it - and how do I turn th alarm off? I couldn’t get it to stop so I had to unplug the siren lol

in smartthings you can always turn the alarm off in the device details page…it should have an off button kind of like a light switch would have in smartthings

The way I do it is to also have the routine turn off the alarm. I run it through CoRE so that might be a feature the regular routines don’t support… so a successful code unlock will also turn off the alarm and set SHM to disabled.

So, if I make an error and the alarm is going off, I’ll lock the door and then enter my code again… the trigger happens and turns off the alarm for me.

1 Like

Any idea what the cause would be for it to keep saying lock set failed while trying to set up? Do I need to add the lock from scratch? I’ve had it running using the Schlage DH for quite some time now but am interested in trying these additional features. My lock is a 469.

Many wall powered sirens have an undocumented internal jumper switch that activates battery backup, preventing an intruder from killing it by pulling the plug. Information in this link worked for my GoControl siren.

Make sure you have the updated DTH for the schlage lock. It can be found here:

Thanks for that. I have verified I do have the correct DTH installed.

Yale YRD256 Burn code and scheduling not working. You probably know this already, presumably because Yale locks not reporting codes other than 99 as noted previously. Just thought I should report for this model as well. Hopefully Yale will get back to you on this.

Thanks

Hi all-
I just started with ST, Lock Manager, and some schlage century and keypad locks. I installed everything pretty well, but on the Lock Manager app, it’s only showing “Installed” in gray without showing anything as being added (i.e., the installed locks), but shows “Create” in gray followed by “New Lock” “New User” etc. Same thing with “Locks” in gray: no options below it in white, but then it shows “Global Settings” with options such as “Notification Settings”. Any ideas why I’m not seeing all the locks and users I’ve already added to the smartapp? Thanks!

Erik (@ethayer) and Other Peoples

Does the app currently report on INCORRECT codes entered?
If so, how does it handle it? How can I react to it.
If not, can it be added?

[My lock did report the incorrect entry attempt; wording as found in the recommended lock DTH]

I have been using Lock Manager & its predecessor since inception, but just today had the strangest thing happen, as witnessed by the cameras: Woman walks up to the door & starts entering codes!!!

So necessity demands a solutions (well, a warped version of the expressions :slight_smile: )

Thanks in advance
J

Hi @Jaybone You need to use the Lock Manager in Automation: Smartapps, not in MarketPlace: My Apps which your image shows is where you are. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not yet, there are a few features on my TODO list that I’m getting to after I get lockmanager.io to a good point where I can start having people use it.

That sounds really scary. What in the world?! This feature request just moved up in the priority request list.

One thing is, that an incorrect code reporting works differently from lock to lock. I think most subscribe to a 3 strikes rule before reporting incorrect usage to the hub.

1 Like

Jay -

I had the same issue, but I was looking in the “Automation” tab. In the “Automation” tab I had to go and create a new lock. My lock then showed up under locks and then selecting I can see the info screen.

Thanks so much, folks!
This took care of it. Much appreciated!!!
-J

Hey guys, really great app. Have been using it for almost a year now. Ran into some strange issue, before I realized that it’s the battery (lock never gave me advance warning that it’s running low on battery), I had already factory reset the lock. So I had to redo the setup in smart things. Strangely, after adding the lock with exact same settings as it was before, I still don’t see all the settings. For comparision, I have a front door lock and garage door lock (which is what I’m trying to re-add). This is how they look…

Please advice…

How do you identify which is which? When I try to add a 2nd, it’s the same names so I’m not sure if I’m updating the right one.

Make sure you are using the correct DTH for the Garage Door Lock. It is possible when you installed the GD lock, it used the standard ST z-wave lock DTH.

Just got everything working and it does exactly what i want it to do (disable SHM upon correct unlock code using a routine). I noticed though that when i select the option (On Manual Unlock) it only disables SHM if I manually unlock from the outside with the key. Is there a way to disable SHM by manually unlocking from the inside? Main reason I bought this lock was to use it as a keypad to disarm/arm SHM. But i didnt think about the keypad being on the outside making it a little hard to disable before exiting the house lol

You can change the name of any device in the app. In the IDE under My devices. you will see a list of all your devices and beside the name will be the type, which is the DTH that it is using. Click the lock that you want to update and then in it’s info page click the edit at the bottom. Then find the Type drop down dialog and you can set the DTH to any you have available.