Introducing the Lock Manager API!
Control your locks and users remotely using REST API’s. Integrate them with your custom PMS or other scheduling systems
Lock Manager API is built on our very stable and extremely popular Lock code/user management SmartApp, we bring you the ultimate tool to integrate and remotely control your SmartThings locks and users via a JSON REST API.
It can generate ready to use code snippets in a variety of languages that you can use in your custom apps or scripts. You can even run tests directly with your installed SmartThings app through the site (select Production server)
- Manual and API based configuration/control
- API’s to manage users by names or slots
- API’s to manage locks (lock, unlock, custom commands)
- Works with Z-Wave and ZigBee Locks and Keypads
- Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
- Unlimited locks and users (users are limited by max slots on lock)
- Program multiple locks simultaneously (supports fixed and variable pin lengths)
- Easy and intuitive setup
Colored icons show user state
- green -> active
- grey -> inactive
- yellow -> pending
- red -> error
- Colored icons show user state
- Different types of users such as:
- one time
- expiration (start/end date/time)
- scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
- presence based
- mode based and many more
- Support for different types of locks and keypads, (ZigBee, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming STHM/ADT
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Multiple/international SMS’s
- Speak notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos or Bose or Ikea-Sonos SYMFONISK)
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
Define Door Open/Close actions such as
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
- Compatibility with SmartLocks
and lots more…see website and documentation for complete list of features.
Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.
If you’re using a ZigBee keypad like the IRIS, Xfinity or Centralite you will need to use the Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler.
If you have any suggestions or feature requests please feel free to send them in to us.
Check out our other Property Management SmartApps such the Rental Lock Automater, Temperature and Humidity Management, Ultimate Mode based Thermostat, 5-2 Day Thermostat, Motion based Thermostats, Intruder Alert and Alarm Security and Safety/Backup apps. You can browse through the complete list of apps on our website or on the smartthings forum.