[OBSOLETE] Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door Controller GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/Linear/GoControl/Iris/Nortek Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer [OBSOLETE]

This might help:

2 Likes

You are correct.

I have two but any smart app that controls a Thermostat should work.

Set ZXT-120 based on schedue.

Set ZXT-120 based on temp.

Sweet making progress!

Using your Device Code + Loaded the Ridiculously Automated Garage Door template, from there I modified the doorOpenCheck. Looking at the code I didn’t want to kick off the doorClose() operation until AFTER the first messages fired, once all of those actions are done I then added the modified code to shut the door.

CODE

def doorOpenCheck()
{
final thresholdMinutes = openThreshold
if (thresholdMinutes) {
def currentState = doorSensor.contactState
log.debug "doorOpenCheck"
if (currentState?.value == “open”) {
log.debug "open for ${now() - currentState.date.time}, openDoorNotificationSent: ${state.openDoorNotificationSent}"
if (!state.openDoorNotificationSent && now() - currentState.date.time > thresholdMinutes * 60 *1000) {
def msg = "${doorSwitch.displayName} has been open for ${thresholdMinutes} minutes"
log.info msg

if (location.contactBookEnabled) {
                sendNotificationToContacts(msg, recipients)
            }
            else {
                sendPush msg
                if (phone) {
                    sendSms phone, msg
                }
            }
			state.openDoorNotificationSent = true
		}
	}
	else {
		state.openDoorNotificationSent = false
	}

/### Code to close door if it’s left open./
closeDoor()
log.info "Closing ${doorSwitch.displayName} has been open for ${thresholdMinutes} minutes"
sendPush(“Closing ${doorSwitch.displayName} has been open for ${thresholdMinutes} minutes”)
/### End of Code to close door if it’s left open./
}
}

/CODE

So far i’ve tested with phone opening within the ST app, opening with using the button. Also confirmed that if something prevents the door closing (breaking the door beam) it will try to close the door after the next doorOpenCheck runs again.

So far so good! Going to continue to test until my neighbors start wondering WTH I’m doing with the garage door.

Can someone post the finalized code so I can use it once I get the device.

Thanks

ditto!
Please post the final code!

Folks this code is available on the RBoy server at http://smartthings.rboyapps.com
This is a paid service which gives you access to all of our the apps/devices. It is not free to redistribute. There are other versions around the forums (as you would have seen), this one is actively maintained by my and my team.

Please refer to the first post for details:

How did your final tweaks come out? I would like to try this out if you think it has been working well for you. I was thinking how do keep the garage door open if you wanted to override the software timer completely and put it in manual until I manually close it? For example I am working/cleaning out the garage which is normal so I want to completely override the timer from closing the door and in effect keep it in manual mode.

My version can be found here. It’s free. And is maintained by me and … my dog :dog: :smile:

4 Likes

I’m using a Rons driver code for my door and it’'s been PERFECT! I’ve added to the SmartApp the ability to Auto shut or not the door. So if I’ve gotta keep the door open longer I can turn the auto shut off.

I added the code to my Noob guide. N00bs guide to ST & GD00Z (Garage Door Controller)

Also I found that getting an more “active” sensor helped make sure the door was shut or open. Ecolink Z-Wave Wireless Tilt Sensor - ECO-TILT-US It’s only 32$ on amazon, since I got that i’ve had zero problems with the code / sensors / door controller.

If you want to keep the door open, just change the setting in the SmartApp, when you’re done change the setting back and it will start doing the checks, the SmartApps seem to handle live changes without a problem.

1 Like

@Taco Thank you , Thank you !! As a newbie to ST, I truly appreciate the simple steps you lined out so well. :smiley:

Thanks for the device Ron, but I have a question. what is the outlet icon/button for? All I can see is that toggling it will open the door.

This lets you use the “door” as a “switch”. In other words if you have a smart app that only controls a switch you can control the door using that app. It is just a convenience feature and can be safely removed/commented out.

1 Like

Improved the low battery detection and reporting mechanism (this it the garage door position sensor battery) in version 2.1.3

Added support for sending momentary notifications for SmartApps to use (e.g. Trigger based pictures)

Thanks Ron! This baby rocks it. I am using it in conjunction with @kevintierney Securifi Key Fob device type New Zigbee Device (Securifi Key Fob)

Rboy, I contributed the $10 and I’m using your zwave device type downloaded today but still shows unknown status but door functions fine manually & via app. Please advise? Thanks.

Rboy, disregard last message. Fiddled with it enough it I got it, thanks.

Ron,
I’m using this code and it’s great, no problems at all, so thank you.

Do you happen to have a copy of it that adds a battery level tile and reports the battery level of the door sensor?

Thanks

No issues, first time it takes a few minutes to get everything to populate. Just hit refresh a couple of times and wait a few minutes while forces the controller to resync with the door sensor.

Sorry no I have not added that feature yet. Does it even have battery status reporting ?