[RELEASE] Life360 - Refreshed Every Minute & All Places & More UPDATED 01/01/2019 All API Data available for webCoRE Usage

Hey - thanks for letting me know. At least I can try to investigate why it isn’t working for me.

Hi all!
I’m loving this DH and the additional info is really useful but I have a logging (influxdb) question.
I can see only Battery and Presence logged - confirm I can see all the states under each device in the ST IDE. Can I get all the other states to log to influxdb?

I am getting this same message “Something’s wrong we can’t load your screen right now” when I try to open the Life360 (Connect) smart app. I want to open it so I can delete the smartapp to try this new code. I was able to delete the presence sensors I had previously installed. I just can’t get into the smartapp to hit the remove button. I also looked in the IDE and did not see LIfe360 listed in the smartapps to try and remove it from there. What else can I try to delete the app?

Just to confirm, I’m also experiencing a similar issue, it appears that the classic app won’t allow me to remove the life360 smartapp installed from the marketplace.

Now, i do have the presence sensors that this device creates integrated with both webcore and actiontiles, but I don’t see why that would be an issue.

Any help?

(Note: my issue occurs when I hit the ‘remove’ button in the smartapp.)

ok, for anyone else encountering this, you must remove all references to the user devices from all pistons and smartapps before the system will allow you to remove the life360 smartapp.

1 Like

I got the new SmartThings app to work with this code by adding the following to the metadata line:

, mnmn:“SmartThings”, vid:“generic-arrival”

I had to remove the devices and re-add.

Can you update your repo on Git with this update?

1 Like

Hi,

First up, wanted to say a huge thanks for this, I’ve been messing about with presence sensors, tasker etc - too complex and/or not reliable enough. The life360 is working beautifully, and the extra info from the custom DTH here is amazing.

I’m really trying to sort out something clever from webcore to tell me the distance between two sensors. I’ve found a link to something someone knocked up to show distance from HOME to a presence sensor, but I need to figure out how to make a piston that, on demand, will report the distance between 2 people.

Can anyone assist please ? Thanks!

1 Like

webCore has a built in distance function, just requires the longitude and latitude of both points:

distance(lat1, long1, lat2, long2)/1609 +" miles"

2 Likes

Amazing, that’s just answered about 2 night’s worth of googling. Thanks for that!

Plan is to use this as a warning if the distance between 2 people becomes too great (e.g. child tracker).

Thanks again

2 Likes

Hey Mike, I’ve same problems, have you fix it?
Regards
P.

Any way to get more info from this DH to get logged to influx?
I only see Battery; presence and sleeping, would like to use distance and speed. I see all this info in the life360 device…

There is no device capability for speed or distance, please correct me if im wrong

I think what they are referring to is that Life360 can track driving. And in the app you can see where you went and what your top speed was. My guess is that they want this exposed in ST?

They mean other smart apps cant cant see speed and distance as there is no device capability for speed or distance, webcore can see it as it can see attributes

Thanks all conf confirming.
I have hacked the Device Handler to collect all available categories now, seem to be working perfectly. it’s not a particularly neat solution but happy to post details if anybody is interested.

Collecting address info as well so all places you define in Life360 are collected as well.

Hi. Could someone confirm that does this work same way as official Life360 smartapp does? Whenever location changes and presence hits certain life360circle/place it automatically updates presence status. Or is this supposed to be refreshed only via webcore pistons as scheduled (15min etc.)?
I need solution where presence sensor goes to circle x and it creates notification. This works with official life360 smartapp but lately there has been some changes and I get multiple “presence is present” notifications.

It does work like the official, but even faster, since its every 1 minute.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I share my problem to this topic. I’m not sure if it’s a bug in Life360 official smartapp or bug in Life360 service but it might affect to this Smartapp too?..

Here’s what I wrote to ST support and Life360 support couple of minutes ago:

Life360 ST Smartapp has a bug which appeared this week.
User can set one circle in Smartapp that is so called “home” circle. User can have two circles for free without paying life360 license.
I have home circle and school circle.

• When mobile presence sensor is in home circle presence is present.
  • When presence sensor is out side of home circle, presence should be not present. This means when presence is in school circle, presence should be “not present” too.

Now what happens is that when leaving circle which is not set to be home circle, presence changes to “present”. After few minutes it updates to be “not present” like it should be all the time before presence sensor enters “home” circle.

Here’s log file from webcore: A-> B-> C

20.9.2019 klo 8.48.38 +299ms C) Here Person’s Life360 reaches circle which has been set to be home circle in Smartapp. Status is now present like it should be. So problem is that when leaving circle which is not home, presence sensor goes without reason to “present” and back to “not present”. This might sound like it is not a big problem, but it affects on notification and tells wrong information.
+0ms ╔Received event [Person’s Life360].presence = present with a delay of 51ms
+110ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 22ms > PS > 68ms > PE > 21ms > CE
+113ms ║Runtime (41657 bytes) successfully initialized in 68ms (v0.3.10f.20190822) (112ms)

20.9.2019 klo 8.45.04 +973ms B) After couple of minutes it changes back to not present like it should be most of the time.
+1ms ╔Received event [Person’s Life360].presence = not present with a delay of 66ms
+143ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 32ms > PS > 92ms > PE > 19ms > CE
+145ms ║Runtime (41657 bytes) successfully initialized in 92ms (v0.3.10f.20190822) (143ms)

20.9.2019 klo 8.43.28 +436ms A) Here Person’s Life360 leaves circle which is not set to be home circle. Presence sensor status should still be “not present”.
+1ms ╔Received event [Person’s Life360].presence = present with a delay of 70ms
+206ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 113ms > PS > 76ms > PE > 18ms > CE
+209ms ║Runtime (41658 bytes) successfully initialized in 76ms (v0.3.10f.20190822) (208ms)

Sorry if I it fells like I’m spamming but just installed application. Everything went well and I red all posts but just want to be sure about something. It’s not possible to add locations in webcore when using official 360 smartapp.

1. Did I got it right that I can set address1 to HOME or SCHOOL (names of my two circles now) in my pistons now?

2. What about that webcore example piston in the beginning of this topic. Is there need to force presence update anymore if it automatically updates in 1min cycles?

EDIT: and here’s answers to myself. 1. That’s right. 2. No it’s not.

Thanks for the developer. This works great!!

Just wanted to pass along a small change I made to the SmartApp. It looks like the radius that is being used is the same regardless of whether you are currently present or not. With the radius being the same for both, this can cause bounce between present/not present if your GPS is not very accurate and you are near the circumference of the “present” area. To combat this, at the bottom of the smartapp, around line 910 I changed the placeRadius variable to be dyanmic. If I am currently away, it is the same as before; however, if i am currently present then it has to pass over a radius that is 20 percent larger before marking as not present.

//Radius is 20% larger if currently present, otherwise normal radius
def placeRadius = (deviceWrapper.currentValue('presence').toLowerCase() == 'present') ? new Float(place.radius) * 1.20 : new Float(place.radius)
2 Likes

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.