SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Leviton Decora Z-Wave Plus Dimmers (DZ6HD & DZ1KD)

leviton
dth_lighting

(Paul Grillo) #142

I upgraded in this way and all of those problems disappeared.

Now the big question that maybe somebody can answer is whether the stock ST dimmer handler will suffice. don’t get me wrong, I prefer this custom handler. but until they allow custom handlers to run locally, it is not my preference. this handler is the only remaining item preventing all my devices to not require the cloud.

can somebody confirm the “bugs” this handler fixed, leaving aside the enhanced features?

(Gonzalo Parra) #143

I migrated all these to Hubitat but before that, I was using the stock dimmer device handler for the exact same reason (wanted local execution) and it was working fine… I was only using the custom driver to configure the settings and then changing it back… you can really feel the difference in the speed…

What is the latest Leviton firmware version Z-flash has?

Is there a tutorial somewhere?
Thank you!

(Jason) #145

Z-Flash User Guide: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Flash/static/

The user guide has the included firmware listed here: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Flash/static/#.firmware_included_with_z_flash

Finally I bit the bullet to upgrade my switch firmware to 1.20 through Z-Flash. Overall I feel it’s worth the hassle, though it’s unfortunate we have to spend money for a firmware update that mainly just fixes bugs.

Most of the original issues have been addressed by the new firmware, so some of the workarounds in my original DTH are no longer needed. I have updated this DTH to work with both firmware versions. With the new firmware though, the value-add of this DTH is mostly around UI and configurations now.

For those interested, I used the Z-Flash software with a HUSBZB-1 stick and it worked fine. Didn’t need to buy the HomeSeer stick.

(Kirk Hilzinger) #147

I use your device handler. Is it updated in the repository where I can update it? I, too, have upgraded to version 1.20.

Yes the DTH is updated in place. You can follow the usual steps to update from github.

Just wanted to provide some feedback on your custom Leviton device handler. I recently purchased a leviton DZPD3 and had the problem where it would not remember the last dimmer setting. Even though your handler didn’t indicate this model, I gave it a try and it works great. It made my day. Thanks.

Glad to hear it works!

(Jerz Dude) #151

OK… bought the Z-FLASH-KIT and it is truly a pain in the effing rump. I’ve got a bunch of the Leviton Decora Dimmers to update… is there a tutorial somewhere because I am getting nowhere. I’ve got the z-flash software installed but the HS3 web interface is giving me issues:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Most likely causes:

• The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
  • The URL contains a typographical error.
  • A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:

• Create the content on the Web server.
  • Review the browser URL.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://192.168.7.71:80/deviceutility
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\deviceutility
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

More Information:

This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

View more information »

(Jerz Dude) #153

Nevermind… I figured it out. I had to delete my Honeywell Lyric as a secondary controller first. After that the usb stick was able to act as the secondary controller and it found my devices.

(Jonathan Cook) #154

If I have just bought my first Leviton Z Wave Dimmer switch, and plan to use it with a ST v3 hub … am I further ahead to just return it and go with GE, Zooz, or Lutron instead given this issue?

Thanks