[RELEASE] Lennox iComfort Thermostat

Hello I have been waiting for someone to update this and it’s now been over a month. I would really appreciate if someone could let me know if this is working with the newer icomfort thermostats like the s30?

if you search this thread, it’s been stated that this code does not work for the s30. the s30 has a completely different api.

I have been following this thread carefully and many people have mentioned the S30 as well. I’m not confused or misinformed just hoping someone like “ninja” will have some success with the newer icomfort.

It looks like the developers site is down. http://smartthings.copyninja.net

It also looks like he points to https://services.myicomfort.com for authentication and control. This site is also not correct.

If copyninja doesn’t update, this will not work.

Someone else will need to pick up the torch for iComfort support.

Reviving the dead… I am having my AC system replaced and the system has a Lennox M30 thermostat installed. Will this work for the M30? I know it was not working for the S30 due to the API but i do not know if the M30 is the same as the wifi version of old. Thank you for the clarification and help in this. I would hate to lose my thermostat integration. I already have too many apps for my home, I want ALL on one app and this would be a step in the wrong direction if this doesnt work

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I briefly saw my Lennox iComfort thermostat show up in my Google Home app (and smart displays) with a knob with heat and cool controls! I was so excited!

However, only 1 of my 2 iComforts were showing up so I tried to re-establish the missing one and in the process, I kinda borked both of them. They both “show up” now in Google Home, but as empty dials with no controls…they do show the current temp tho.

I wonder what has happened on the Google side, and how to properly configure these in the ST app so that they show up with full controls on the Google side?

Any ideas?
Thx!
Jon

I made this change to the URL in line 517 and there was no change to the app behavior. Any ideas?

I have asked the team on Rboy to see if they can develop something for this. Feel free to contact them may be we can get something from their team.

I have a new iComfort S30. It works great with Alexa and Google Home. It does not work with Smart Things as far as I know. Create an account at https://www.lennoxicomfort.com and then you can add your thermostats to the Alexa and/or Google Home apps.

did you ever get this to work or did you give up? I’m getting the same “blacklisted” comment.

My integration with iComfort and Smartthings still works, but user-built apps, for example - apps that export to google sheets - have recently stopped working for my icomfort. I wish this app were updated! I’m left wondering if I should upgrade my thermostats, but it’s so expensive.

Hello,
I tried for sometime to get this app working… and finally did (never installed the handler). In any event, I got my login right and now the thermostats show up in ST. I have not played around much with scenes including them, but wondering how people are using it (what can you do with it that you can’t do with the Lennox app) and most importantly, has anyone been able to figure out how to control the thermostat with Alexa? Thanks

So, I can’t get it to work, but what I want to do is for the system to not turn on if a window sensor is open. No sense heating or cooling the whole neighbourhood, right?

Kind of a long shot, but any chance this has been/could be written to work with the new edge drivers? It’s been working perfectly for me for the last ~3 years and I’m hoping someone knows how to keep it going.

2 Likes

I hoping that too! Would like to keep using my iComfort with Smartthings.