[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

here is the screenshot of the leaksmart sensor. i replaced the batteries
and it still comes up as always wet.

Hello
Yes I took the batteries out of the sensor

Any chance you have access to a Wink hub? Version 1F is pretty old. I think 26 is the latest version.

Yes I have a wink hub. What would I need to do

Yes I have a wink hub. What will I need to do

Remove them from SmartThings.
Pair them with the Wink hub.
Double check the version once linked to Wink.
Wait about 3 to 4 hours.
Check to see if they have updated.
If not wait another hour.
Mine all took 2-4 hours.

1 Like

Hi Eric
Hey thanks alot for the help. Like I say I am in no way a computer person
but I like to learn. We did get the wink hub up and running and did include
the leaksmart with the wink and yes I have noticed after about 4 hours it
did up date the leaksmart sensor. I will the tomorrow include it back into
smartthings. I would like to thank you for your help. Jeff

Let me know if it works or not.

Hi Eric
Wanted to let you know that I hooked the sensor back up to smartthings and it is working great now, Thank you so much.

1 Like

I’ve got everything setup, but it looks like I’m only getting temp/battery status. I don’t get the wet/dry status, though the UI on the app shows “Dry”. I’m assuming the sensor sends out a notification when the status changes from dry to wet (rather than being polled by the hub), but want to be sure. I have the Aeotec Z-Wave sensors which work this way and seem to have great battery life.

I see that a few other folks have been experience a similar issue to mine (not receiving wet/dry status). What is the resolution? I have v21 firmware. Do I need to update to v26?

Also, what is “compatibility” setting in the app?

Thanks!

What version of the Hub do you have? Compatibility mode needs to be turned on for version 1 of the hub.

I’ve got a v2 hub.

With version 21 you should be ok, but should upgrade if you can. The version isn’t your issue. When you get the sensor wet does it beep?

I had to, in this order, reset mine (which it never beeps to let you know), pull the battery, wait a bit, reinstall battery and re-join it.

Yes, it beeps when wet.

Thanks! I’ll try that sequence tonight. When you say “re-join it”, do you remove it from your hub before the reset, or after?

Neither. Leave it as a device in ST. When you re-join in to ST after the reset it will join as the same device since Zigbee device id’s are static.

1 Like

Try these steps, exactly…

1 - Put the ST app into pairing mode.
2 - Press and hold the button for 5-6 seconds (I can’t remember if it blinks differently or not once it resets).
3 - Pull 1 battery out, hold down the button.
4 - Push the battery back in and let go of the button immediately (as soon as the battery is in < 500ms), you should hear a short loud beep.
5 - Wait 4-5 seconds and press the button once quickly, don’t hold it down.

1 Like

Sorry everyone but I am a Newbie with ST hub. Looking forward to getting all my current things to work off of it and went right to adding LeakSmart products. The problem is I have my GitHub integration ready to go and everything seems to be in place however I got caught on step 2 . I do not see a “My Device Types” section in the navigation bar. So I go to “My Devices” but it does not have a “settings” button. If I click on “My Device Handlers” I get a “settings” button. Then I click the “Add new repository” from there but nothing matches the instructions.I am obviously looking in the wrong place. Help I am excited to get this thing going… Thanks.

It works great now! I updated some to v26, but left one at v21… both seem to work the same. I’m going to monitor the battery life difference between the versions. The one I was struggling to get working (on v21) is already down to 95%. Hoping the v26 ones are a bit more reasonable.