[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

@whoismoses You can count me in.

Can anyone verify that they got the leaksmart sensors to work with the v1 hub?

I just sent this to @phil42 to try. Anyone else having an issue with these sensors can give this a try…

Don’t update through Github integration, manual copy and paste from this branch as the master branch doesn’t have this code in it. Make sure you select “compatibility mode” in the device settings.

Double check that the version you are using is 1.0.6.7!

All - I through some trial and error I was able to get @phil42 sensors to work. It may or may not be related to v1 of the hub. I am not sure. There is an optional setting in the device configuration. If you are having issues getting it to report wet/dry, try enabling “compatibility mode”.

All, version 1.0.8 is released.

Version 1.0.8 - Added a label to display the last activity date/time of the device.

Let me know if you have any issues.

2 Likes

That did it. Turning on compatibility mode got the sensor working. I am on v1 hub. Thank you for your hard work.

1 Like

I’m glad it worked. Do you know what the firmware version of your sensors are?

I just found these at my local HD and bought 3. I have not yet started the install… so what is the thoughts… do they need updated? Did the buying into a Wink get going? Thanks

I updated using a Wink. I did have issues with 2 of them falling asleep. Not since the upgrade. I added a last updated timestamp to the US so you can choose to just keep an eye on it. The hubs are $60. Already sold mine.

Who would have thought! I had a rude awakening this morning at 6AM on the dot. The water pressure regulator in our basement failed. My notification app, ST & leakSmart saved me. It would have ruined some carpet we just had installed. Thanks to this it was grab a bucket and quick 2 minute clean up. Oh and call a plumber. While he is here he is going to install a new valve that I’ll be able to install one of the valve control devices on.

I used your DT and they installed like a charm. All three seem to be release 21… How do I know if they fall asleep? Thanks.

Keep an eye on the timestamp in this view. It should update at likely every 30 minutes or so. If it goes over 6 hours you have an issue. You can also look at the device list in the IDE. If they read inactive they have fallen asleep.

1 Like

thanks,
plus 10

My firmware is 0.0b00/0.0b26.

You should be good. That is the latest.

Updated to version 1.0.9…

• Set the default log level to INFO.
  • Updated the poll method for proper poll handling. Borrowed from @krlaframboise
  • Cleaned up some logging, providing proper logs at the INFO level.

Hello
Might I ask why my leaksmart always shows WET I hooked it all up and it showed DRY then I set it off with some water now it will not show DRY it only shows WET. do you know what I would need to do to get this to report correctly?? Thanks JEFF

I don’t have this issue, but let’s try to figure it out. What version of the hub do you have? What is the firmware version of the device? Can you post this same screenshot of your device?

Also, can you take the batteries out and put them back in an see if that fixes it? Can you post the live logs when it goes from dry to wet?

Hello and good morning
I have the v2 hub it is smartthings new hub that has batterys in it. I
took the barrys out and it still reports WET. I will attach a photo. Thank
you Jeff

Ok, post a matching screenshot of what I posted.

Also, just checking. You took the batteries out of the water sensor and not the hub right?