[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

That is the only place I know of. Are you having any issues? What are your battery levels?

Interesting idea but I already own a wink hub…
How fast of a drain are we talking about? I’m at 91% after about 2 weeks.

You are likely on version 21 which doesn’t have the battery issue, but still not the latest and leaksmart claims they have a “sleep” issue…

My issue is that there is no wet or dry being reported. Battery has been at 100 percent for the last 4 days.

Check for and update now and upgrade to 1.0.6. Give that a try and let me know if it you get the wet event.

I was just trying to find a hub for cheap!
But I like this idea much better.
Deal me in!!!

my only concern is how about removing and creating new accounts for the same hub work. and can we do this?
or do you just create a blanket account that we all share?

Also note the Wink hub also needs firmware version 2.66

Here is a copy of an Email that I was sent.
The sleep issue was relayed to me over the phone.

Hi Sean,

It sounds like you have a sensor on our old firmware, with the latest firmware release by Wink, indicated by software version 2.66 under Hub settings. Should push our latest firmware to the sensor indicated as the last 2 digits under sensor settings software version 26.

If you see 1F, or 17 then your sensor has the battery drain version firmware.

The update is automatic once your Wink Hub is updated. So this issue should be resolved shortly for you. Just make sure the sensor is connected to receive the update as long as your hub is on version 2.66.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. “”""""

The Wink Hub needs to be at version 2.66 to push the latest firmware to the sensors. the latest version for the sensor is 0.0b00/0.0b26 which will be shown in the Sensor Settings

when you pair the Leaksmart sensor with Wink Hub, it will auto update to the new version in under 3 hours and beep 5 times once complete

I updated from repo, and I am still getting temp and battery under current states. thanks for all of your help so far in troubleshooting this issue. Did the logs I provided earlier point to anything different about what your sensors send when wet?

if you are not interested in buying a Wink hub, you can ship me your sensors with a return label, i can upgrade them for you and ship them back

I’m in NJ

1 Like

Batra… I will take you up on that. I only have one sensor and I am in Central NJ. I wish I bought more of these when I seen them on the shelf.

PM me and i will give you my address… thanks

I was thinking something similar. Gotta be a network of smartthings owners all around with wink hubs either not being used or being used for those few things we can’t get smartthings to pair with…

The first leakSmarts I purchased had an older firmware, but one batch of 5 I bought off a wink user and he upgraded them all for me. Currently I have 1 with the stock firmware and 2 with the 0.0b26 version hooked up to ST. They are all working fine.

I also decided I wanted to be able to do firmware upgrades myself so I purchased two Wink Relays for $150. I wired mine in yesterday and it’s pretty great. I’m going to see if we can’t get a device handler for it using the Wink API as it has a ton of functionality. (Note: At the moment, you can’t connect a leaksmart sensor to the relay.)

2 Light Loads, 2 Buttons, Temperature Sensor, Humidity Sensor, Proximity Sensor. It also has a microphone and speaker but I’m not sure those are currently exposed via the API (although you can use them to talk to other Relays on the same wifi network.)

Getting the Relay’s to work with ST would be great (without a device hack that breaks key functionality).

Ok, I received my 3 new sensors. I paired them with the 1.0.6 firmware and all paired and began working immediately, reporting temperature, battery, & wet dry. All are version 21.

I had 2 older sensors that went offline, which version 21 is supposed to be plagued with.

BTW - The code update for 1.0.6 makes changes to the reporting interval which “might” help keep them awake, but also cut down on the battery usage. I have no idea if this will fix either issue. In order to force the sensors to reconfigure you must remove the battery. I did this for both my inactive and active sensors. They are all active now. I suggest you guys load the new DH and force the config on your devices. I will be PM’ing those who want to pass around a Wink to get the firmware updated.

BTW - Anyone know how to update the firmware? Remove from ST, pair with wink wait a bit, remove from wink, pair with ST, validate firmware is updated via the device page?

update procedure sounds about right!
this is all I know, apparently you can read the ver# inside the wink app.

Hi phil42, I see the same as you and I have not been able to get my sensor to register a wet status, ever. I was able to get the latest firmware (0.0b00/0.0b26) through my Wink hub and it works fine under that environment. I have no luck with ST. Were you able to get yours working? If so, how? Thanks.

I went out and bought a Wink Hub today just to update the sensor firmware to 26, which it did from 21. Everything works fine on the wink, wet/dry, temp, and battery. However, when I pair it with ST, no wet/dry. I bought 8 of these, along with the leaksmart valve from HD since they were clearanced. Hoping to get the wet/dry thing figured out.

One option if we can’t figure this out, is you could send me 1 and I could see what I can do…

@whoismoses Quick question… This is my live log from one of my leaksmart sensores, is normal? :
12:54:35 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:47:26 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:40:38 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:34:25 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:28:36 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:21:53 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…
12:13:24 AM: info leakSmart – leak Heater – Refreshing…