[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

Happy to report the third attempt paired and is working. I can see temp, battery, and detects water. Thanks for your help.

I tried pairing the first device a few times, and even paired a new one, both still report dry when alarming.

Mine makes the audible alarm like it should, and I see the blue light blinking. It does make logs, so it seems to be communicating, but the app never updates. Sorry if the formatting isnt great on the logs.

4:19:51 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – map = [:].
4:19:51 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – Desc Map: [raw:43DA010B020801810100, dni:43DA, endpoint:01, cluster:0B02, size:08, attrId:8101, encoding:01, value:00].
4:19:51 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – parse(read attr - raw: 43DA010B020801810100, dni: 43DA, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0B02, size: 08, attrId: 8101, encoding: 01, value: 00.
4:19:41 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – map = [:].
4:19:41 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – Desc Map: [raw:43DA010B020801811100, dni:43DA, endpoint:01, cluster:0B02, size:08, attrId:8101, encoding:11, value:00].
4:19:41 PM: debug leakSmart – leakSmart Sensor – parse(read attr - raw: 43DA010B020801811100, dni: 43DA, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0B02, size: 08, attrId: 8101, encoding: 11, value: 00.

Not sure this is helpful, but for my smartsense water sensors, under current states, I have
temperature: 73
battery: 100
water: dry

For the leaksmart, I only get

temperature: 75
battery: 100

Guys - I have new sensors coming tomorrow. I’ll see if I have these problems with them.

First I would like to say Thank you!
To:@whoismoses, @krlaframboise, @dhelm2, @John_Luikart
and every one else that has help with this!

I have 6 of the sensors and 1 valve, and I have had some success and some not so good.
at first added 4 of my sensors using ver 1.0.2
I had no problem getting all 4 of to work following your instructions. battery, temp, and wet. worked.
but after 3 days one sensor gave me a wet alarm in the middle of the night. (I found the battery was at 15%)
after amusing that I just had a bad set of batteries because the other 3 still said 95% I replaced the batteries in that senor but I soon noticed that the level was dropping quickly on that sensor again.
so I decided that I better test my other 2 sensors and the valve and I also updated the DHT to 1.0.5.

The other 2 connected fine using the new code (with out any dance).
however I found one or 2 of the older ones were no longer registering when wet.
so a reset them and they began working. I assumed that this was just a glitch with the updating of code.

Until 2 days and the one sensors battery was dead again. So I decided to contact LeakSmart.
They told me that it likely had old firmware and it should have update via the wink hub.
when I told him that I did not have a wink hub and I had 6 that were all purchased at the same time but only that one was draining the battery he told me that the other 5 will likely also need to be updated do to a falling a sleep issue that they also had in the firmware. and that I should find someone with a wink hub so I can update them all. :angry:

I then tested all my sensors again even thought they were reporting the temp ok and found half of them would no longer register as wet!!! :sob:

He also asked if I could see anywhere what firmware is installed.
Is this something that you can read?
I believe he said that Version 1F had the battery problem, 21 had sleep the problem, and that 26 was good.

any suggestions an how to fix this with out buying a wink hub?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Oh boy. This could explain why we are having mixed results. Mine are registering…

91%
91%
87%
91%
95%
94%

I tested all of mine today and the report all three temp, battery, & wet/dry…

I don’t know how to read the firmware, but I’ll see what I can find. Leaksmart doesn’t publish their ZigBee cluster data.

I am a bit worried as I have 3 new ones arriving tomorrow.

my bad one dropped to 75% in just 1 day on both sets of battery’s.
the other 5 still range between 95 and 87%
I think the one might have a bigger problem.

In the short term I am going to watch my battery levels each day. I am looking at the code now for issue, can’t see any as of yet.

Ah, here we go. I have version 21 for all of my devices which might explain why I don’t have battery issues, but did have a sleep issue a week ago or so…

This is from the “My Devices” page.

@phil42, @scpickle, @genghis.tron, @ady624 - What version do you have, specifically the ones you are having issue with…

1 Like

Thanks to @whoismoses, all are working perfect. I just checked one today and was reporting “wet”.

Data
model: leakSMART Water Sensor V2
application: 21
manufacturer: WAXMAN
endpointId: 01

I have six and after 20 days: 95%, 91%, 91%, 91%, 91%, 92%
This is what one is reporting:
2016-07-24 11:37 PM EDT - 3 days ago battery 91
2016-07-24 11:12 PM EDT - 3 days ago battery 95
2016-07-24 11:07 PM EDT - 3 days ago battery 91
2016-07-24 10:27 PM EDT - 3 days ago battery 95
2016-07-24 10:17 PM EDT - 3 days ago battery 91

Can we update to 26 ?

installed about 10 days ago:

The really bad one is 17
I have four more at 1F
and one at 21

the one at 21 is now flashing 5 quick flashes every 30 sec…
all others flash once every 30 sec. (this is normal as per the manual)
the really bad on at 17 was also doing this at one time but the batteries are dead now.

model: leakSMART Water Sensor V2
application: 21
manufacturer: WAXMAN
endpointId: 01

Everything seems to be fine with mine after it paired correctly. I am not seeing a battery drain.

I dont seem to have application in the info under my devices.

Anyone have interest in agreeing to buy and pass for a slightly lesser amount a wink hub? If we get 6 people other than me, the average cost per person will be $15 and the last person pays $18 and they can choose to keep it or keep passing it around the forum $10 + shipping…

Everyone will need paypal… I am willing to take the risk as I think most of us can be trusted. I can start a thread called “Get Winked” where we coordinate this activity if you guys are really interested…

@phil42, @scpickle, @genghis.tron, @ady624, @Augustin, @twspencer, @dhelm2, @friedpope, @John_Luikart, @Jnox

I can only mention 10 members in a post, take a look at the previous post…

@BatraD, @Mbhforum, @greg, @JoelR, @jksearles, @lonelygadget, @Grewterd, @hjohn06

Are you thinking that mine need a firmware upgrade, which the wink can provide?

@phil42 - Check your version. Support told @scpickle that the wink hub would update them.

Where do I check version? I posted my “my devices” screen for the sensor, under data, I only have endpointid, and no other info. its the same for both sensors. Is there another place to check?